[Weekly - W] Now Playing

had a break from the norm and the wife and I beat Pony Island together.

Worth two hours? Maybe?
I didn't realize Pony Island was a co-op game. Would you recommend it for a married couple with two children that don't leave them very much time for playing games together?

So its not purely a co-op but I was using the mouse and my wife was using the steam controller and we were in charge of different things:

e.g. she was in charge of jumping over dangerous objects while I fired lasers.

Its a pretty meta game so even if they can read they might not get it. There are some "maybe scary images"

I would say take a look at the trailer and decide:

Vita is still best pony. I gave a few games a shot over Remote Play last night, and booted up the just-acquired-for-three-bucks Vita version of Need For Speed: Most Wanted. So little time for gaming amidst beybeh, work, and thesis, so these things were literally a couple minutes a piece at the most. Did manage a pair of matches of Disc Jam (which are fast enough that I may actually be able to play it even with having beybeh). It's pretty cool.

Mostly, I itch to play more Gravity Rush and Persona 4 Golden. Because duh.

Soo.....

we havent played any games this week. too busy T_T

Why play anything else than GW2? Working of getting alt account through Heart of Thorns, an dabbling in WvW with alt account also.

Better late than never, eh?

Still playing Puzzle & Dragons and Monster Strike.

Didn't find time for Just Cause 3 or Pikmin 3 this week, but I did sneak in a few races in Road Redemption. Fun stuff.

Still playing PAD, though less of it.

Still playing Monster Strike, though less of it.

Hoping to get back to playing Pikmin 3 and Just Cause 3 soon.

Daydreaming of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but can't stomach the thought of paying $80 plus tax for the full game ($60 base game + $20 season pass DLC). But if there's ever a decent sale on BotW, that's a no-brainer buy. :)

Still PAD.

Still Monster Strike, but even less this last week.

Still wanting to get back to Pikmin 3 and Just Cause 3 soon.

Hoping to get in 1-2 rounds of Overwatch tonight because I haven't played it in weeks.

Still daydreaming of Breath of the Wild, but nearing the point where I'm content with waiting until this Black Friday or next for a rockin' Switch bundle to buy a new system (that is, if I buy the Switch at all).

almost nothing so far except for some HOTS beta

PAD.

Monster Strike.

Tried to play Fire Emblem Heroes on my iPad 2 (no, I didn't pay money for an iPad) but it crashes too often to be playable.

Installed Super Mario Run from an APK on my Nexus 6, but it throws an error on every launch because I have a rooted device, so back out the window it goes.

Played less than 10 minutes of Pikmin 3 earlier this week and figured out how to collect the remaining pieces of a bridge. Hoping to play again Friday night to finish out at least that section of the day.

The recent 1.1.1 update to Zelda Breath of the Wild quietly killed my desire to buy BotW for the Wii U as the patch makes far greater improvements to the Switch version than the Wii U, making the Wii U the far inferior version. Guess I'll pick up BotW if and when (though it's likely a matter of when) I buy a Switch.

overwatch and Hots beta. Gotta get those skins!!!!!

wanting to play ace combat and another rpg though....

bought my wife, this war of mine on humble bundle sale. Looking forward to watching her play

We got an external drive (2TB) for our PS4 this last week. I've already done a significant dent into the new storage space thanks to my Plus-boosted collection. For the first time since buying the system, I've got all of my disc-based games installed at once. :eek:

That said, I've still played more Persona 4 Golden than anything else. It's just so good.

But I did start on Darksiders last night (it's in the Humble THQ bundle along with its sequel--making the bundle worth the getting because good luck getting that good of a deal on the games elsewhere). Plays so well. Not for everyone given the subject matter, but I'm a sucker for apocryphal apocalyptic stuff. Oh, and picked up Dishonored Definitive Edition for $6 last night. Not like I have loads of time for games, but also booted it up to go " This setting... :eek: " I love the aesthetic.

Back to the original GW some, counting birthday loots on all my 'toons, hard to remember at least on 'toon name for the second account security question. Of course lots and lots of GW2. Also installed and played the classic Mahjongg Solitaire. I won 54 out of 56 games average play time around 6.5 mins. That is a lot of time to play a throw away game.

Single Player:
I reinstalled Skyrim + SKYRE and a number of other mods. Started a couple characters to find something new-ish to play.
I am also working my way through AC4: Black Flag since I deleted my previous profile a while back.

Multiplayer:
Warframe (though I haven't been logging in for more than 30 minutes recently)

I've now got a regular weekly group time with my brother and cousin.
Here is our playlist to choose from:
War Thunder
Heroes of the Storm
CS:Source
DOD:Source
L4D2

This week: Puzzle & Dragons, Just Cause 3, Pikmin 3, Monster Strike, and Bravely Default.

Discovery Freelancer (mod)
LOTRO
Mount & Blade Warband
Civ V
Torment: Planetscape - the original, though I recommend the enhanced edition now available on Steam although with caution as there is some inappropriate content

Discovery Freelancer (mod)
LOTRO
Mount & Blade Warband
Civ V
Torment: Planetscape - the original, though I recommend the enhanced edition now available on Steam although with caution as there is some inappropriate content

DUDE!!!! How do you get that working on Freelancer? Do you need to have an original freelancer copy or??

I loved that game!

DUDE!!!! How do you get that working on Freelancer? Do you need to have an original freelancer copy or??

I loved that game!
Just go to the Discovery Freenlancer mod page. They have everything you need available for DL. You do not need the original CD. The mod has it's own launcher so you use that instead of the original executable.

It actually leaves most of the game the way it was, removing the story line, but adds a ton more ships, equipment, bases, etc. You get buy different licenses so you can be a regular Freelancer, or a pirate, or even a cop if you want. It is RP centric though so everything has to be within the RP context. In other words, you can't just kill other players, you have to RP it and have a valid RP reason for it or you will get banned.

Back