[Weekly - F/Sa] Week In Review

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Initial player character is right up there with Tidus in the "look how few cares I can muster for you" rubric, but he's much more a player avatar than central character to the plot.
Had to chuckle at this. CloudSquall was my least favorite character of the series, Zidane was, for me, a welcome break in that he actually had personality from the outset instead of just moping (understanding that CloudSquall had reason to mope, but still unable to muster sympathy for a lead that takes his suffering out on the people around him), and Tidus was downright cringey. Vaan was neither good nor bad. He was just...there, like a pair of pants the player puts on.

Tek7

Staff member
Last week was...a week. Seven days. Seemed like 10, but it was only 7.

Little one got her flu shot. Was glad to be able to be there with her. She didn't cry! What a trooper. <3

Work, church, and children's extracurriculars leave almost no margin, but still making it through. We shall soldier on.

Hoping and praying to finally FINALLY get back to editing some original content for the CGA. The path to self-loathing is paved with good intentions, eh? Is that how the saying goes? No?

Tek7

Staff member
Oh my. Three weeks since I last posted.

Celebrated my younger child's birthday this last week. Since the kids didn't have school Monday and Tuesday, we traveled out of town and stretched the celebration across 3 days. My dad came with us and we had a blast--except for the part where I had a head cold for most of the trip. It wasn't too bad until the second half of the last day out of town and the next day (the actual birthday date) back in town. It's been about 10 days since I first noticed symptoms and I finally feel like I'm approaching 100% better (though I was holding at 90+% for a few days now).

Work was crazy busy week before last as we were installing equipment and getting a new site ready to go live later this month. Last week was a 3-day work week thanks to taking Monday and Tuesday off for my younger daughter's birthday celebration. After spending 7 work days installing equipment at the new site, my ticket queue blew up. No rest for the weary, eh?

I've been brainstorming different career paths lately (most recently tonight) and I haven't yet settled on anything that I enjoy or like enough to invest a significant amount of time and money. I was daydreaming about working with assistive technology, but I live in a smaller job market, I can't relocate due to my wife's work, and I don't even know where to begin in terms of certifications or training. I'll keep praying on this one and would ask for your prayers as well.

All in all, we're hanging in there. @Ember has a variation on the head cold I had, though with different symptoms. She seems to be recovering more quickly than I did, though. Here's hoping that trend holds. Kids are staying healthy. Praying that trend holds as well. :)

Tek7

Staff member
Work has been returning to something resembling normal, which is a welcome change after the hectic pace of October and November. It's looking like things will ramp up again before the end of the year, but things aren't getting too crazy just yet.

Thanksgiving went well. My dad came up, stayed Thursday and Friday, and left Saturday morning. Good times, good food, and a good break from the routine.

Family is healthy with the exception of my older daughter, who still has a cough that's lingered about a week after she got past all the other symptoms. We made and canceled two appointments at the urgent care because the severity of the cough fluctuates. Poor kid. :'(

Hey, it's December! Now that we're past Thanksgiving, all that Christmas music is fair game...which is unfortunate for me because I dislike most Christmas music and my wife and two daughters love it. December's going to be a long month...