[Weekly - F/Sa] Week In Review

Malohaut

A week in reflection

- Journaling is nice. It helps me to practice doing something on a regular basis. This forum is also a good self-accountability that I'm not giving up on it.
- Some wasteful days with little accomplishment, but overall, mood has been improving. Definitely an improvement over last week.
- Plan on taking vacation next week. Completely unplugging from work, but not going anywhere. ... What to do ... what to do ..

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I survived the work week!

I was covering for another tech as well as covering my sites, which I expected to result in a flood of work. Instead, the week was surprisingly quiet, but there was still enough work to fill the hours. All things considered, it went much more smoothly than expected.

The fam is still healthy and virus-free. School starts in just over a week, so we're feeling that pressure. The younger child is very excited. The older child is nervouscited (to borrow a phrase from a popular children's show). @Ember and I are...as ready as we can be, I guess?

In short, we're still truckin' along and getting ready for the new school year.

- Journaling is nice. It helps me to practice doing something on a regular basis. This forum is also a good self-accountability that I'm not giving up on it.
Much respect if you can maintain the discipline to write on a daily basis. I keep meaning to start, but, well, I haven't yet. :(

Tek7

Staff member
Huzzah! We survived the first week of school!

The kiddos are on a hybrid schedule (2 days in person, 3 days virtual) and I took 2 days off work (one to see my kids off on their first day of school and one to serve as family tech support for the first day of virtual learning at my wife's parents' house).

There were some bumps along the way with the virtual learning, but the kids loved the 2 days of in-person classes and we worked through the tech issues on the other days.

Work is okay and I expected to ramp up this week.

I'm definitely feeling the effects of not working out in a gym since late March more severely these last few weeks. I'm still not comfortable returning to a gym to work out and our membership is expiring soon, so I may explore some alternatives to return to a low-impact-friendly workout...

Tek7

Staff member
Made it to the weekend!

/cheer

We've settled in to a routine with the kiddos in class in person two days a week and virtual the other three. Extracurriculars are back in full swing, but they look a little different with COVID precautions.

Work is work. Pace is reasonable right now. That typically doesn't last very long, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Job market is still thpppbbbttt but checking the job sites regularly regardless.

Family is in good health. I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

Krissa Lox

I have spent weeks in unpleasant places learning unpleasant things. I am exhausted, but I think I've gone as far with it as God wants me to go, so hopefully I can break off and start de-stressing now.

I'm still struggling with the positivity issues mentioned before, and lately I think my spiritual walk has been more to meet personal needs rather than gaining much fit for public consumption, so I may still be restrained in posting for a while till I either feel better or feel strongly about something to contribute.

For now, my feelings are still much akin to "The Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" but I'm starting to gain some hope that the wreck is just a temporary, albeit greatly unpleasant, transition phase, and not a permanent destruction, which I suppose is more optimistic than I was feeling before.