new doom 3 review

Doom is a great series, it may have upside down crosses and pentagrams, but it also has a moral. Demons and everything belonging to satan should DIE! It teaches you a nice Christian lesson....KILL THE DEMONS!

Could the review have been written out of cynicism towards Christians who have an aversion to demonic material?

yeah a pentagram is not satanic at all. Does satan care about a geometric figure? isnt he all about chaos?

Anyway the game is bad, why? because they made it wanting it to be bad. The makers LIKE zombies and demons thats why they made it, I played the demo and it got boring quick, Its kinda stupid. Theres nothing wrong with killing demons but spending your free time watching people get eaten alive and mutilated is just wrong. Also I have read there are women included in this game which for me is a big no-no, beacsue they become naked zombie monsters flying around!

EDIT: removed acronym for swear words, pelase don't do that!!-CCGR

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 26 2004,11:29)]Also I have read there are women included in this game which for me is a big no-no, beacsue they become naked zombie monsters flying around!
I have played completely through Doom3, and I can assure you there are absolutely no naked flying zombie women.

Ok, but thats what I read. either way he game is only bad how you think about it. If oyu think demons are cool then you are doing wrong, but If you want to kill satans little creatures then go for it!

A few friends of mine recently played the game. They said that it had a few small problems, and while it was an overall cool game, they would sooner die than pay sixty dollars for it.

I typically buy games for under ten dollars, with the rare exception of an occasional Gamecube or Gameboy Advance game for which I usually pay twenty. Sixty dollars is insane.

The scientist guy at the beginning, when you're sent to go look for him and he tells you "there is a devil". I figured (not having played the first doom entirely) he was going to be the last boss. Would have been cooler too, considering how much the actual last boss sucked.

Um...no. I merely said that "the devil" is mentioned. Most people equate "the devil" with Satan.

Guess what...I'm not saying anything except [a scientist guy in the beginning tells you there is a devil]. Interpret what he said as you will.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Sep. 30 2004,10:05)]One more time: SATAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME AND IS NEVER MENTIONED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.
The game contains demonic content. Any Doom 3 ad makes some mention of a satanic attack on the Martian colony. As to whether or not anybody ought to play it for these reasons is debatable.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Anayo @ Oct. 03 2004,5:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Sep. 30 2004,10:05)]One more time:  SATAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME AND IS NEVER MENTIONED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.
The game contains demonic content. Any Doom 3 ad makes some mention of a satanic attack on the Martian colony. As to whether or not anybody ought to play it for these reasons is debatable.
Would you mind showing me any of these Doom 3 ads that make a mention of a "satanic" attack?

Back