Macs are better when compared to an equal machine

i've had both recently, laptops - Dell XPS and Alienware

XPS >> (that's math talk for much greater!) Alienware

Dell isn't investing as much into AW...you can tell by the options available on the machines and the quality that's coming out.

Nevi =Nerd computer collector.

:D

And as far as knowing that Dell isn't investing much into Alienware by the quality, wouldn't you have to buy the product first to find out?

It sucks when companies buy other companies to reduce competition or for collaboration (Daimler and Chrysler comes to mind for collaboration), but it really sucks when a bad company buys a good company and lets it deteriorate.

Never been a big fan of Dell, HP or Compaq. You can build your own for less than what those guys charge.

Last edited:
alienware = $10,000 computers that you could build for $2,500-$3,000 yourself. $3-4k computers you can get for like $1500, maybe less. same with any of those "major" companies. I guess that's how they make money though... still, I'd rather build them myself.

Nevi =Nerd computer collector.

:D

And as far as knowing that Dell isn't investing much into Alienware by the quality, wouldn't you have to buy the product first to find out?

It sucks when companies buy other companies to reduce competition or for collaboration (Daimler and Chrysler comes to mind for collaboration), but it really sucks when a bad company buys a good company and lets it deteriorate.

Never been a big fan of Dell, HP or Compaq. You can build your own for less than what those guys charge.

i've purchased both recently :) i unloaded my alienware via ebay

You always pay for the name brand when it comes to major computer retailers like Alienware and Falcon.

wtb laptop hardware being sold in stores so people can make their own laptops >_>

IBM tried that before, and started to lose money, so covered it up...and stopped it... Asus now just released a completely upgradeable laptop but they will stop it soon enough...

Anyways, this job at IBM that I am pretty sure I have, will be technical support for all Apple devices... :)

Back