Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

A Norn or Asuran thief sounds very, very strange thank you. A class that may be too fragile for an uncoordinated player such as myself.

That first video was epic.

So glad to see players can at least get on roof tops... maybe that means most of the world is accessible? I hate imaginary walls and "end of world" glitches. You think making a sphere wouldn't be that hard... or an oblate spheroid like earth.

Love the dye system.

Speaking of classes, the mesmer seems to be a given whereas the other seems to be pretty unknown. One thing screwing with people (and I think partly why people are thinking gunnar or engineer) is a comment by Anet stating one profession would be able to use both types of guns, but not bows. However, the mesmer could probably fit that description.

Maybe since we're getting a cross between a D&D style thief and an assassin, we could get a cross between a D&D style bard and a paragon. Oh yeah that would rock so hard. Doubt it would happen though.

Audio clips are expected to be released today for the Charr. I'm kind of excited to see what they sound like.

Heres the weeks lineup...

• Monday – On the blog today, designer Devon Carver explores the Village of Smokestead, a key location in the charr starter area and explains the iterative process behind this map’s creation.
  • Tuesday – In this blog post full of audio clips of charr chatter, writer Scott McGough will show how writing and sound design come together to create a compelling, immersive environment for players.
  • Wednesday – We’ll talk to the artists responsible for the visual look of the charr – Katy Hargrove, Kekai Kotaki, and Kristen Perry.
  • Thursday – We’re updating the charr page on GuildWars2.com with new charr background text by Jeff Grubb and a video tour of the charr homeland.
  • Friday – Lore and Continuity Designer Ree Soesbee illustrates the ferocious, competitive nature of charr society in this loreful charr blog post.

http://www.arena.net/blog/prepare-yourself-for-charr-week

Titles and PvP interview. :)

http://gw2.variance.hu/2011/05/04/variance-guild-wars-2-arenanet-interview/

Titles
Titles in Guild Wars 2 will be much more cosmetic than they were in Guild Wars. We do not plan to associate any emotes or abilities with our titles but instead use them as cosmetic rewards in various systems. While the majority of titles are gained through achievements there are many other ways to gain access to new titles such as through the personality system, the Hall of Monuments, and the personal story.

WvW - PvP
Players will start off in their own home maps. Here, they will be able to take control of vital locations and get a feel for how our capture system works. Once they travel to the center map, each team begins at their own portal keep. From here they can move out and fight for control of various landmarks while battling players from other teams. We anticipate the battles to cross back and forth between the center map and the outlying home maps as teams gain and lose footholds.

Haven't been disappointed yet, all the new info coming out is great. However it still doesn't look like the game will release till 2012. Especially if they're only shooting for a closed beta by the end of this year.

Somewhere in all of that it said that all races could have engineers. How would a Sylvari do has an engineer? Asuran I could see, but a Sylvari? The illogic of a flamethrower wielding plant based individual would be worth a try.

Somewhere in all of that it said that all races could have engineers. How would a Sylvari do has an engineer? Asuran I could see, but a Sylvari? The illogic of a flamethrower wielding plant based individual would be worth a try.

lol, I didn't think of that.

Sylvari may look kind of funny with all that tech on them.

I called it! I totally called the Engineer. @_@

Also, now I'll have a tough choice between Thief, Engi, and that one tanking class.

Okay, plants with flamethrowers may be illogical... but only by the same illogic that gives flamethrowers to hair-covered mammals (humans OR charr). Just stay away from the sharp end, should be okay. :)

The follow up interview for the Engineer.

http://www.arena.net/blog/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-engineer

Speaks to our discussion on Sylvari Engineers too. :)

Q: It’s difficult for me to visualize a nature-oriented sylvari as a tech-heavy engineer. How does the engineer fit with concept of each of the playable races?
A: The first engineers came from the ranks of the charr Iron Legion, who were innovative weaponsmiths. Soon other races began to take notice of how effective this new technology was, engineers from all background began to appear all over Tyria. Players in general are exceptional and unusual figures, heroes who stand out among their people. Just as there are asura warriors and norn necromancers, it’s not unheard of for an inquisitive, mechanically-inclined sylvari to become an engineer.

Back