Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

An Asuran Guardian, the concept is wonderful. And this is the first time ever I've used gw wallpaper. If I play Guardian it will be as an Asuran.

While I am waiting (and have been waiting like most of you) for GW2 to come out, this looks like nothing more than a Para and a Rit rolled into one to me.

While I am waiting (and have been waiting like most of you) for GW2 to come out, this looks like nothing more than a Para and a Rit rolled into one to me.

In an interview with one of the developers they said something like it being a little bit of Para, Rit, Mo,and Wa. I think its going to tie into the lore somehow. Should be pretty cool to see how these professions ended up sharing abilities and coming together.

Human week coming too. Heres the schedule

• Tuesday – In a blog post full of cool audio clips of the background conversations between human NPCs, writer John Ryan will show how writing and sound design bring the human story to life in Guild Wars 2. This dialogue, overheard by your character in the human areas, really expands and fleshes out the world in a way that simple quest text can’t.
  • Wednesday – Character art team lead Aaron Coberly discusses the current state of human character design in this blog post, which features some great examples of the range of armor and clothing available to human characters in Guild Wars 2.
  • Thursday – We’re updating the human page on GuildWars2.com with new background detail authored by Jeff Grubb, new wallpapers, and a brand-new video tour of the human homeland.
  • Friday – Lore and Continuity Designer Ree Soesbee explores the tension and balance of power between the three main armed factions in Kryta – the Seraph, the Ministry Guard, and the Shining Blade in this intriguing blog post.

I'm confused. Where are we supposed to find all this human week stuff. I only saw the promos for the Guardian on the GW2 homepage.

Also, killtenrats.com had a blurb about someone posting a transcript and breakdown of ncsoft's 4th quarter earnings conference call. The real die-hards waiting for a slip of the release date and such (since investors will want to know when a big project will produce earnings) will do the hard part and just relay the interesting bits. In short, projected development should finish by the end of 2011, which would put release most likely in 2012 to give the gw2 team time to fix any issues found in a larger-scale demo/beta. That said, there are also plans being put together to handle a late 2011 release if development finishes early, so they're prepared either way.

Thanks, Reginator.

Here is the link to the article and comments at killtenrats.com for those who want to see it for themselves.

Looks like we are all going to have plenty of time to complete our HoM - so here's hoping the price of Ectos, Rubies and Sapphires will come down.

Last edited:
Couple of things.

Norn week has officially kicked off and a blog from QA (Quality Assurance) for ANet.

Norn Week Begins:
http://www.arena.net/blog/norn-week-begins

QA Blog:
http://www.arena.net/blog/assuring-quality-qa-at-arenanet

These weeks of the races for GW2 is a pretty cool idea. I'm a lore fan and getting even a little extra info is exciting to me. Norn week was the one I was looking forward to the most so I can't wait to see what they talk about.

Awesome, Norn is my favorite race, because that's how I roll. The Last Bearbender will seek out battles worthy of a Norn!

I wonder what all those miniatures are all around her? I never really saw the norn as folks that play with dolls... ;)

Seriously though that gun looks awesome. The scope on it looks great.

Norn lodges must be extremely expensive; that one looks like it's made from Assassin Obsidian armor.

Back