Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

FYI on the transmutation stones, it has been stated that they are working on a way for these to be available in game without real world money. Buying in the store is an alternative, and will probably save time.

Of course, it's still just cosmetic.

Things that stood out to me in the video:

• Their is food in the game. (tomatoes, onions, carrots, etc)
  • The initial dyes are pretty awesome and you get a lot to choose from.
  • The health difference between a level 1 and a level 40 is massive. Level 1= 220, Level 40= 5650
  • Ascalon still looks like the Charr's scratching post.
  • The weapons looks really cool.

Last edited:
Kyrel is correct. However, this doesn't mean their aren't any zones.

Are there any loading screens between the different areas? How long will it take to travel?

It really depends on how far you are going. For long distances, yes, there will be loading screens, for small distances – hopping back and forth- little to no loading screens at all.

http://gw2.onlinewelten.com/articles...interview.html

This quote may also just be referring to map travel, just fyi.

Last edited:
Well, I after watching this again before bed I finally had a Guild Wars 2 dream. I'll take it as a sign that I now have to play as an Ele in GW2... or that I really need to spend sometime away from the computer. :)

The Kodan and more.

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-wisdom-and-power-of-the-kodan

There’s a debate among the kodan shamans known as Voices as to the fate of the dwarves. Did the dwarves somehow “skip ahead” and proceed directly to enlightenment, or did they fall out the bottom and destroy themselves? Either way, they have been removed from the world.

I hope they return as a playable race in an expansion.

He said that fur or no fur, storm or no storm, a hunter must hunt. And he led many others with him into the storm to seek hunting grounds in the lands to the far south, where the snow was light. And they were never seen again.
The kodan do not claim any connection or relationship to the norn race, but some Voices choose to interpret early stories of a lost group of kodan as an explanation of the origin of the norn.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a race of ACTUAL bears that can go toe to toe with the Norn.

It would be fun if every playable species had an arch-nemesis species...

Speaking of talking polar bears called Kodan...

We all know that "Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada" were the villains in the Last Starfighter, right? If you haven't seen it, you totally should.

"Death Blossom!"

Back