Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

http://www.arena.net/blog/gaming-ou...is-talks-the-guild-wars-2-extended-experience

Naturally, security and the protection of personal information are of paramount importance with social features like this. With the broader possibilities for communication, we want to ensure people are always in control of who talks to them and when.

We are committed to making our games more accessible and allowing our players to experience our game world anywhere, at any time.

Future features for our mobile world map will include the ability to select a player and open up the Hero Viewer, which shows information about that character: stats, equipment, achievements, etc. Further, the user will be able to select a piece of equipment and retrieve information about where that item came from: a location, an event, a certain boss, or even a portion of that player’s personal story.

Mobile users will also have the ability to tap a location on the world map, causing their in-game friends to see a radar ping appear on the mini-map and world map. This is a great feature to help less-experienced friends and guildies learn their way around the Guild Wars 2 world.

Here is a link to more pics of what to expect on the iPhone app...

http://www.massively.com/photos/guild-wars-2-extended-experience/#3385891

Last edited:
Info on dungeons and how they integrate into the personal storyline, what sort of storyline you can expect later when re-entering a dungeon (becomes unlocked in explorable-type instance but with new "quests" and such), and how the loot at the end will work all in the new pcgamer magazine. UK gets it first this month, and US gets it next month.

Short synopsis on killtenrats.com

Lots of that in the article sounds so cool... unique sets of armor and weapons in each dungeon available as rewards.

The one piece that's getting a lot of press on several sides/views is the transmutation stones you can purchase from the store, like the costumes in gw1. Basically, u can take stats from one armor and look of another armor, combine, and you get the look of the armor + the stats you want...

From what I can tell, these are stats separate from the crests you can apply (like the runes you use now). At this point, I'll take a wait-and-see approach. It may end up being something where the set(s) I like can use a crest set to replicate the stats I wanted anyways, or it turns out I have to "go with the giant pig face on my warrior's chest" to have the setup I want.

If I think that every armor set except the one from the proverbial "noob lake dungeon" is too pointy for my taste, then I would feel a bit put out if that armor is only suitable for a level 4 player and I would fee compelled to pay for the look I wanted. If those armor sets scale based on what level I am when I complete said noob lake dungeon, and the armor look/stat purchase is only to save me from 6 more trips there, then I have no problem with it.

PC Gamer Interview with Eric.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=378801&postcount=266

...you'll be able to enter the Ascalon catacombs...You might recognise some of the more powerful spirits in this dungeon as the profession trainers from GW1!! ''Master Ranger Nente can teleport and shoot waves of arrows that cover part of the room, forcing you to hide behind objects in the environment. Warmaster Grast smashes players and the environment with his oversized, half-ghost hammer, and you can grab the chunks of rubble he knocks out to throw them back. Finally, theres Necromancer Munne and the boss of the dungeon, King Adelmen. (Is that a typo?? Please tell me it is!)

It says A.net dont want the rewards[in Dungeons] to be based on chance. No one should have to complete the dungeon many times and maybe even get the same item they already have twice. They remedy this by rewarding players with an item that can be traded for the desired peice of equipment. This way its never random what you get, you can pick and choose yourself. (Just like doa and the tormented weapons, for example)

If it lives up to only half of all of this hype it will be a great game.

Hype - hype - hype - I love the hype as much as the next guy.

I'm still looking for the beta and an announce date.

I just read that the "transmutation stones" that give armor style X the properties of armor Y are things that you buy for real world money... Am I the only one that thinks that stinks?

I know it's just cosmetic and all, but still... Brydon says ppppppppthbt.

I just read that the "transmutation stones" that give armor style X the properties of armor Y are things that you buy for real world money... Am I the only one that thinks that stinks?

I know it's just cosmetic and all, but still... Brydon says ppppppppthbt.

I am generally against micro-transactions. Especially if they give people an edge, however since it's cosmetic, I don't have too much of a problem with it other than I will not buy them

I am generally against micro-transactions. Especially if they give people an edge, however since it's cosmetic, I don't have too much of a problem with it other than I will not buy them

I also do not have an issue with this...doesn't give an edge...so I have no problem...

Have tendency to lean towards the feeling of "that stinks", but I do understand with no subscription fees the money has to come in from somewhere.

As Guild Wars Beyond has indicated (along with a bunch of others speculation) Guild Wars 2 will not be released or even close to done by Christmas.

...but rest assured the information will flow again; the coming year is going to bring with it a lot of cool information and maybe a few surprises as well.
http://www.arena.net/blog/when-its-ready

This was written in an article focused mainly on the "when its ready" comment and the release of information (like professions). I can't say I'm surprised but this may mean no real news on GW 2 until next year as well. With that said though, I heard on Guildcast that the newest Guild Wars Beyond content, The Winds f Change, will be released before Christmas. So theres that... :)

Back