Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

Hey Ursen, this ones for you.

Two characters journeying through the game will have two different experiences, which means the game will remain fresh for all you out there who enjoy making a million characters.
;)

How cool is that! I remember the little books where you chose - after each chapter - a direction and each choice lead a different way. You got to read the book three or four times with all the alternative routes.

Unfortunately I expect a rather high attrition rate in Clan Erse over 250 years.

Too much Nolan North though. After Uncharted 2, I HEAR HIM EVERYWHERE, gaaah.

video was absolutely stunning. And that massive earth elemental at level 1? yessss please... I love reading all their articles.

http://www.arena.net/blog/walking-the-walk

Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll see in the demo.
You’ll be able to play a human character starting at level 1, or a charr character starting at level 47. For your first demo I recommend you play as human. You’ll get to experience the personal, branching story we’ve been talking about; you’ll get to band together with other players to defend human villagers and push back marauding centaurs in a variety of events; you’ll get to experience the active combat system and cross-profession combos; and you’ll have a huge open world to explore. Then, once you’re an expert at the game, come back and try playing again as a high-level charr. You won’t see as much story playing as a charr (since we don’t want to spoil the story for you that far into the game) but instead you’ll have a wide variety of high-level skills to experiment with, and you’ll be able to participate in some truly epic battles.

And watch out for the dragon, named The Shatterer. He’s a special rank of dragon that terrorizes the Brand. You’ll see him in the demo too.
Wait, so that dragon is not even one of the ancient dragons? Wow...

It's almost time! Our first look at actual gameplay in Guild Wars 2. We can also expect several post and videos around the net and be able to get a feel for what kind of game this is going to be.

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-road-to-gamescom-writing-the-demo

I recently bought Starcraft 2 (I know temp. stepping over to the dark side; aka Blizzard) But it is keeping me pretty occupied hopefully until GW2 in released. p.s. SC2 is really good if anyone is looking into a RTS.

Anyway back to the main topic here. As you know GW2's first public appearance will be in Germany. With this being the case we can expect some videos that are not translated. I'm not too worried about any text out there thanks to Google Chrome's translator, but their doesn't seem to be one for audio yet. So I was wondering if anyone on here speaks German? If so I may be shooting some links to you if your interested and assuming videos like that appear.

This time tomorrow we should have a pretty good idea of what kind of game play and over all experience we can look forward to in Guild Wars 2!

Back