Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

Guild Wars 2 Map of Tyria

tyriagw2b.png

Last edited:
Okay,

1) I want me a giant killer moa bird with a parrot head

2) I approve of the old school Tolkien-esque map style

3) I nominate Prophet Elhanan as the official alliance spymaster. How come every time I find something cool, you gotta be all, "But did you see this!?!" You get sick intel, buddy. I'm glad you're on my side!

...I nominate Prophet Elhanan as the official alliance spymaster.

Alright so, I'm designating Elhanan as our official GW2 guru.

Can I put these in my Hall Of Monuments? :) Guess being tied in with the Order of the Whispers has its advantages. lol Seriously though, thank you. I spend sometime looking up this stuff and am happy to share it with everyone so we are all on the cutting edge of GW2 news.

Last edited:
So this could be something pretty cool. It would be nice to see more Guild Wars Beyond content while waiting on GW2.

We’ll continue to present you with new and evolving storylines. What has been going on in Cantha or Elona? Our world is a large one that is constantly growing, and there may be some pivotal developments on the horizon. In addition, I’d like to present the players with some interesting opportunities to experience important moments in this world, be they from the past of Guild Wars, or the past-that-is-yet-to-come for Guild Wars 2. We have some very exciting things planned, and I can’t wait to share them with you!

http://www.arena.net/blog/passing-the-torch-designer-john-stumme-joins-live-team

I hate it when someone tells me they have the best news - it is so exciting - I'm going to love it - but...not now - you have to wait until later.

Sometimes I wish they just had not mentioned it at all - until they could tell me.

Jeff Grubb interview at Comic-Con.

http://www.massively.com/2010/07/26/san-diego-comic-con-our-interview-with-guild-wars-2s-jeff-grub/

Have you shown demos before that are strictly industry and not public?

We've shown it to other members of our sister companies, people from NCsoft and Paragon have been playing it, and we are going to have some people we're inviting in-house early, I think next week. This is where the fans, for the first time, will be able to come up and play it on one of our stations, and see the beautiful thing that is Guild Wars 2.

How many classes?

There are eight planned. We've revealed three of them: the warrior, the elementalist, and the ranger, and there is furious speculation on what the other five are. We are currently in the process of revealing those on the website, and there should be one more revealed before we go live at GamesCom and PAX. Before Cologne, before PAX, we'll know a fourth.

I guess that does line up with the way they've been releasing the info, but still feels like a long time away. About once a month reveal a class. If that keeps up we got until December... maybe a Christmas release?

Last edited:
The Ghosts of Ascalon came in the mail today. Of interest is the time line in the front of the book. Now to buckle down and read the whole thing.

Guild Wars 2 Q&A: Tyria Reborn

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Games/Interviews/gw2_grubb/

One thing we are looking at very strongly is outfit customization. Kristen [Perry] has been doing a lot of our costuming work, very deeply involved in our dye system. For the mechanics, we want to make some of the abilities ‘transformable,’ the idea of being able to take the armor you like and move across desirable attributes to that armor.

In a month at PAX, we’re going to be letting people into some of our early areas and see what they say. Some of that feedback is going to affect how we populate areas.

We have points within the map for movement, but mounts… I’m going to have to cop out and say, “Under discussion.”

Those are classics. And no. In the book, our sylvari character is a necromancer...

We’re also working on combos, like using one skill from one player and combining it with another skill from another player. An elementalist may create a flame bundle, and once a warrior picks it up, his skills will change, tailored for his abilities.

2011 is currently the only number we’ve got, as far as release dates go.

To quell the any confusion or rage, NCsoft has confirmed the likelihood of an online beta, in addition to the PAX and Gamescom showings. They haven't settled on a date, but it will probably fall close to launch.

Last edited:
Well, I would expect necromancers in GW 2 -they're one of the most unique classes in Guild Wars.

I hope they have some form of Minion Master at least. :D

http://www.arena.net/blog/after-con-report-arenanet-at-comic-con-2010#more-2809

…most of the NPC outfits you see in Guild Wars 2 are wearable by players!

Kristen went on to discuss the dye system in Guild Wars 2, which will be the subject of a future blog post. The dye system has greatly improved from Guild Wars, with up to three dye channels on articles of clothing or armor. There are more meaningful patterns on clothing, and with that in mind, Kristen wanted to make sure the effort to obtain certain dyes was worth it. Kristen spent weeks and weeks fine-tuning the dye system, which is better at defining different materials by retaining both color and sense of material. The saturation of the dye’s color depends on the material, for example, red dye will look different when it is applied to metal versus leather.

Last edited:
Back