Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

Sample chapter from Ghosts of Ascalon, also can pre-order the book from the site.

Pre-order 7.99 isn't bad, even if the book turns out to be bad. I'm always a little weary of books that are spawned off some other kind of media. Or vise-versa. It's definitely do-able, but it's either a hit or miss. I only read a little of the first chapter, I'll have to print it out and read it on my own time, but it seems interesting. To be honest I've never read a book where I've played the video game it's based off of. So it'll be interesting.

Amazon is pre ordering the game itself at $56.99. I realize this may be old news for some, but I just discovered this today.

More Q&A.

http://translate.google.com/transla...refox-a&hs=MyT&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official via: www.jeuxonline.info

Quotes:

...the towers[dungeons] are part of the game and can be performed by a group of up to 5 players. We believe that this is an appropriate size for the dungeon difficulty that we established.

Players will not be able to make them in dual formats PvP World vs World.

Well, I can say that no profession is known healer in Guild Wars 2.

There are currently no possibility to walk in Guild Wars 2. Your characters have so many places to visit - they run!

Some disappointments in there but I guess they can't do everything.

-Proph.

While you are downed or defeated, any other player can come to you and interact with you to bring you back to life. We call this "reviving," and everyone, regardless of profession, can do this starting at Level 1.

The cherry on top of all of this: Guild Wars 2 will have a much milder death penalty... Death penalties make death in-game a more tense experience. It just isn't fun. We want to get you back into the action (fun) as quickly as possible. Defeat is the penalty; we don't have to penalize you a second time.
(but they are still going to give us death penalties anyway...humm.)

And it is official, the Monk as a healing class is gone forever. Let's pause for a moment of silence. -_- <><
...Guild Wars 2 does not have a dedicated healing class.

However...
We examined what it was about the healer archetypes that people really enjoyed, and we took a look at what it was about those archetypes that made the game less enjoyable. Then we created professions to appeal to those types of players.

Ultimately, DPS/heal/tank just didn't cut it in our book...er, game...Instead, we break these trinity categories down into a cooler, more versatile system:
[Check out Xion's link to read the details]

Knock down Warriors this ones for you.
Knockdown is one of the strongest forms of control in Guild Wars 2, but you won't see a character that can just keep knocking someone down indefinitely, and you won't see a knockdown that puts an enemy out for so long that they won't be able to react.

-Proph.

Last edited:
It's going to be a tough game for those with multitasking shortcomings, and for those who like to play lone wolf style.

Maybe - I remember thinking that when I first had to choose a secondary profession - decide which attributes to use - figure out how to buff my armor - and then I would have to manage eight skills in my bar - then control heroes and flag henchies - it all seemed like it would be just too much. But hey...I got the hang of it.

I played FPS and RTS before I ever played GW, so I don't really expect it to be any more difficult that controlling an entire city in Age of Empires (I, II, III) or trying to switch between a boat load of weapons in Battlefield 2 or Modern Warfare 2.

And, while GW2 is going to be extremely different than GW1, the idea will still be the same, more or less.

Back