• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
modding your xbox and going on live will tag your xbox for good...not worth it. I rather have my live!

i've noticed some ppl are playing leaked halo 2 version on xbc...

I plan on getting the NHL one..but I will probably be playing on XBC, as I don't think I will be able to buy games and live..at the moment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (.se3ker. @ Nov. 06 2004,10:45)]modding your xbox and going on live will tag your xbox for good...not worth it. I rather have my live!

i've noticed some ppl are playing leaked halo 2 version on xbc...
Well, I think I will stick to XBC, or playing with my friends at lans../when they come over..

#1 You can setup a switch so there is no power to the modchip or something, which will let it be undetected.

#2 I doubt I will be getting live.

I'm just curious if anyone is picking Halo 2 up at a midnight madness tonight. Unfortunately I think that I have to wait about 1-3 weeks still.
sad.gif

Hmm. I usually stay up pretty late, so I could definately pick it up tonight. But, I won't be playing it until at least tomorrow, or later.

Right now my copy is out for delivery. Check my stats on bungie.net sometime tomorrow if you get bored.

I was expecting my copy of Halo 2 to take another 1-3 weeks to arrive, but it actually arrived in the mail today! WOO-HOO!!! I can't even begin to tell how excited I am!
biggrin.gif

So I guess I'm going to buy a new Xbox today.
cool.gif

Midnight madness was fun, free stuff is always a plus. That and being surrounded by people who rival my own nerdness is always a good thing.

I'm tellin' you, I'm lovin' this game. It's got some small issues that I think will be worked out over time, but otherwise this game is nothing short of amazing.

I wasn't that happy with it
sad.gif
but I've only played 30 minutes or so.  In split screen it's very hard to see, the graphics actually look worse imho, and the interface is way too confusing.
Oh, and I really hate how everyone chooses their profile one at a time instead of all at once like the original Halo.  It's like this: you start the game and log in under some profile (what the heck is this? why do you need it?) and then you go to split screen multiplayer.  One at a time everyone chooses their profile.
Also, how are you supposed to tell when vehicles are damaged so that they can be driven or not?  Sometimes I can get in a torn up jeep and it's fine, and other times I cannot.  Oh yeah, not to mention the sounds; they're all really weak.  You fire your gun and it sounds like you're spitting at someone.  I was dissapointed; but since I bought it I guess my friend and I will hop on and try to beat it in a night or two. I wonder if my opinion changes...

Maybe I just had my expectations too high to begin with...

the single player coulda been alot better.....the multiplayer is awesome though....i cant wait to see the stuff they release for downloadable content =D

well....ive been looking around the bungie forums to read what people have thought of halo 2 so far......most of it is complaining XD....well i found a thread that is very very interesting and you should all take a look.....unless you havent beaten the game cause the thread might contain spoilers. well heres the link for the crazy theory of crazyness

Bungie has always been about complex intruiging storylines...people to this day cannot completely figure out Marathon's (and its offspring) plot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SirThom @ Nov. 12 2004,7:26)]:S I have not heard that Halo 2 is as great as they thought
I'm guessing you haven't played it yet then. Halo 2 is awesome! The single player game is a lot of fun, especially on the hardest setting, but the multiplayer game is simply amazing! (especially with the new stat tracking that Bungie does)

I'm loving this game!

Cool
smile.gif

I have added it to my GameFly list (free 2 month subscription), so I will probably get to try it out tomorrow at the earliest
smile.gif

One thing I think that helps is that I've got a good group of friends to play with. Every night this week there has been at least 20 people online playing Halo 2.

I also really like the match making feature. The game looks at your skill level and connection, and then it matches you with similar people to play with/against. That helps to avoid the problem of the really good players running up their stats by picking on weaker players.

Another thing that I love is how much detail Bungie put into their website for Halo 2. You can play a game and the check out tons of cool stats about the game on Bungie's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back