You're not a true believer unless you can...

Yes. God does love us. He loves all of us. But God hates Sin and he punishes the wicked. That's pretty straightforward I think.

Are you saying I sin or that I am wicked?

We ALL sin, therefor, God loves all of us.

This is where things get sticky.

Does God want ALL of us to be saved? Or not?

There is an issue of predestination here.

You sin and are wicked...

God would like if we all turned to him, but if you dont he will do what it right and punish you.

Hes giving us all the choice.

To be more specific Bylos, don't WE all sin and aren't WE all wicked?

As I have stated before, I'm not thumbing my nose at God, if I believed He existed I would think about following Him. God hasn't led me to believe in His existence.

we all sin and all are wicked....

but only those who seek him will be forgivin..

as far as God is concerned I am a saint.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Are you saying I sin or that I am wicked?

We ALL sin, therefor, God loves all of us.

This is where things get sticky.

Does God want ALL of us to be saved? Or not?

There is an issue of predestination here.

We have all sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Wickedness is when you refuse to repent and return from the sins you have been doing against God. God WILL punish the wicked. Only if we earnestly seek for his forgiveness can we be saved.

Of course God hasn't told you to follow him. Have you ahd God talk to you? God and the Holy Spirit are working through us to bring you the truth about etranl life and salvation. It's not if God exists. It's if you will follow him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]as far as God is concerned I am a saint.
Byblos, that is extremely conceited. No one is a saint. How do you know God thinks of you as a saint?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We have all sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Wickedness is when you refuse to repent and return from the sins you have been doing against God. God WILL punish the wicked. Only if we earnestly seek for his forgiveness can we be saved.

Of course God hasn't told you to follow him. Have you ahd God talk to you? God and the Holy Spirit are working through us to bring you the truth about etranl life and salvation. It's not if God exists. It's if you will follow him.

Firstly, God doesn't just punish the wicked. He punishes virtuous unbelievers too. A guy could be a flawless saint and an atheist. And the guy would toast. It seems unfair to condemn good people because they thought for themselves.

I used to be Catholic. I honestly thought I was talking to God. In all my life only two prayers I really ever wanted answered. He answered neither.

If I follow God? What about Hinduism? Islam, perhaps? Judaism? What makes you so sure you are correct? If I was on a jewish forum, I would be encouraged to become Jewish. You can't all be right and there is no more evidence to substantiate your religion over any other. And lets' not forget, Jews, Moslems and Christians all worship the exact same God, just with different doctrines. Whatever we choose, we are infidels in someones' eyes and it gets irritating after a while.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Firstly, God doesn't just punish the wicked. He punishes virtuous unbelievers too. A guy could be a flawless saint and an atheist. And the guy would toast. It seems unfair to condemn good people because they thought for themselves.

I used to be Catholic. I honestly thought I was talking to God. In all my life only two prayers I really ever wanted answered. He answered neither.

If I follow God? What about Hinduism? Islam, perhaps? Judaism? What makes you so sure you are correct? If I was on a jewish forum, I would be encouraged to become Jewish. You can't all be right and there is no more evidence to substantiate your religion over any other. And lets' not forget, Jews, Moslems and Christians all worship the exact same God, just with different doctrines. Whatever we choose, we are infidels in someones' eyes and it gets irritating after a while.

Wrong. Have you read the Bible? God brutally punishes those who refuse to turn from their wicked ways.

I get this all the time. 'I really wanted my family member to be healed so I prayed and God didn't answer it so I don't think he exists.' Two prayers? Is it ensured that God will always answer your prayers? No, then this world would be really chaotic. Dont' give up. Don't give up after you have lost something dear to you. God doesn't always answer our prayers, but it is all part of his plan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rithkil @ Oct. 17 2004,4:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wrong. Have you read the Bible? God brutally punishes those who refuse to turn from their wicked ways.

There are MANY instances of God killing children. Did they refuse to turn from their wicked ways? Is that why God killed them? The God of the OT was a very brutal being.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I get this all the time. 'I really wanted my family member to be healed so I prayed and God didn't answer it so I don't think he exists.' Two prayers? Is it ensured that God will always answer your prayers? No, then this world would be really chaotic. Dont' give up. Don't give up after you have lost something dear to you. God doesn't always answer our prayers, but it is all part of his plan.

Maybe you need to look at the following verses. All it takes is ONE prayer.

Matthew 21:22 -- And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

Matthew 7:7-8 -- [7] Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you [8] For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Mark 11:23-24 -- [23] Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. [24] Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

John 14:13 -- Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I get this all the time. 'I really wanted my family member to be healed so I prayed and God didn't answer it so I don't think he exists.' Two prayers? Is it ensured that God will always answer your prayers? No, then this world would be really chaotic. Dont' give up. Don't give up after you have lost something dear to you. God doesn't always answer our prayers, but it is all part of his plan.

Exactly when does a prayer become a worthy one?

Jesus prayed for the cup to pass over Him so that he would not be crucified. That prayer was not answered, was that still not worthy?

I would simply direct you back to the scriptures I posted.

Matthew 21:22 -- And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

Matthew 7:7-8 -- [7] Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you [8] For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Mark 11:23-24 -- [23] Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. [24] Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

John 14:13 -- Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Are they erroneous in their statements?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Maybe you need to look at the following verses. All it takes is ONE prayer.

Did you have faith? That's what it also says. We can't judge that. Only you can.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When it gets answered of course.

Back to the faith issue. I don't think 'worthy' is the proper use of words here but I'll explain using your words. A prayer isn't 'worthy' if it gets answered, just like an e-mail isn't 'worthy' if you open it up. No If you have faith that God can do it, it'll happen. In the Bible it says 'If you have faith and don't hold a grudge against anyone, even mountains will move for you'. Sometimes God will answer back saying NO because it is part of his eternal plan. It's not just about you. You have to be strong to understand then, but later it will all become clear.

So, taking those verses into consideration, the reason a prayer isn't answered is because the person praying didn't have enough faith?

Yes. If you really WANT it to happen, but you aren't SURE it will happen, will it happen? These things arent by chance though they may seem. You need to have faith.

I guess there's a ton of people out there without much faith.

If this is true, then why don't churches have healers? Someone that HAS that faith, enough to heal the sick and lame? Why don't sick/ill chuch members go to that person instead of the hospital?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If this is true, then why don't churches have healers? Someone that HAS that faith, enough to heal the sick and lame? Why don't sick/ill chuch members go to that person instead of the hospital?

no amount of faith can by itself heal a person. only god can chose wether or not that person is healed. faith is very important but in the end its gods call.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shadetaker @ Oct. 17 2004,8:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If this is true, then why don't churches have healers? Someone that HAS that faith, enough to heal the sick and lame? Why don't sick/ill chuch members go to that person instead of the hospital?

no amount of faith can by itself heal a person. only god can chose wether or not that person is healed. faith is very important but in the end its gods call.
I ask because this was one of the points of this thread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Back