Women as Infantry..

Hmm, I posted but my post didn't show up :p

Let me rephrase...It is possible for the armed forces to allow women to volunteer as infantry yet keep them out of the draft. Would that be acceptable to you?

That would be sexist to way too many poeple to ever happen. Many women wil pass the test and be forced to leave ther children and homes to go to war, And I would to go war t prevent this. Heck I would go to war to prevent anything to be forced on women, theya re very precious to me,

And men aren't precious? They are the other half to this equation we call life. Men leave their wives and families to go to war and protect this country, why are women different? I'm not suggesting that a man AND his wife go off to war and leave their kids with welfare in the interim. I'm suggesting that women can VOLUNTARILY offer to join the infantry. They would be exempt from the draft just for the reason I suggested above, so that both parents don't have to leave their children. There is nothing sexist about that.

Men are, but I belive they are more then capable of fending for themselves in most cases, where with females only some are capable whoile most are not.

THey wouldnt be exempt, You will only be disqualified if you are a fat blind idiot. MOST women could pass the test because they prepare you for it.

No Byblos, that is not true.

MOST women could not pass the entrance exam and make it through boot camp the way it is set up for men. That is why there are different rules and expectations for women. That's the way it is now.

There is an expectation for what we want and need a soldier to be. That is why men go to boot camp. Not all men make it, and the majority of women would not be able to make it either.

You're not listening to me about the exemption. IF, I said IF, at a future date, should women be allowed to VOLUNTARILY try out for the infantry, IF that comes to be, then there should be an exemption to disallow BOTH parents from going to war and leave their children behind.

They can pass it... and if they dont its not for physical reasons, it because women are not made for war.

Its a mans job to fight for her not vice versa.

That's what I have been trying to say, most women can not pass the physical exam.

Where though, did you get the notion that it was the man's job to fight for her and not vice versa? I think you're suffering under the remnants of romanticism from the middle ages.

That is how it is because. Like oyu said we can pass the tests they cannot, we are more built for combat they are not. so being the superious combatants its our job to protect them.

Our fighting force doesn't just defend women though, does it?

My point, in all this discussion, is that it is possible for SOME women to pass the physical exam and be on par with men, physically. Why should these women not be allowed to be infantry?

Because they are women? Remember, there was a time that women weren't allowed to vote either, just because they were women.

Some women are more equiped to fight than the average man.  Why should they be stopped from serving their conntry if they want to?

You keep saying that women would be forced to serve.  Yes, they would.  But if they can pass the exam, which is more difficult than you seem to believe, then they have every right to be there as a man.  

Seems to me you're not abiding very well to your sig Byblos...

an open mind is a bad hting my signature implies and you have no clue of my thought to accuse me of being either open or closed minded.

Sure they would have the right but do you think they would WANT to be there?

One thing is for sure, I have no clue as to your thought.

Byblos, why were women given the right to vote? Do you believe that women should be on the same pay scale as a man?

they should be payed the same and vote yes, But forced to fight no. CCGR agrees with me and she is a woman.

Women as the majority do not want to kill.
Guys a majority are willing to kill for their country.

Byblos, Byblos, Byblos. Please read carefully.

I never said that women should be FORCED to fight, nor did I ever condone allowing women to fight by force. I asked you about women fighting VOLUNTARILY, don't confuse the subjects here.

You say that women as a majority don't want to kill. Newsflash, PEOPLE in general don't want to kill. Women don't have the upper hand here.

Guys as a majority are willing to kill for their country? I say that is only partly correct. PEOPLE in general are willing to fight and kill for their country. Do you know who some of the best combat pilots were for the Russians were in WWII? Women. Do you know who some of the best snipers were in WWII for the Russians? WOMEN. The Russians didn't have any compunction about allowing women to fight. They were fighting for their country for the greater good. If it came down to it, don't you think EVERYONE would want to defend this country from invasion?

It is the same subject. A man csan fight be volunteer and can also be forced and if ever a woman would be able to fight by volunteer she would also be forced.

Men are more willing to kill then women. Look at murder statistics.

Pilots and snipers are not front line infantry. and in the russian army the russian males raped eachother and the russian females, so dont compare them to us.

*insert*

I don't want to disturb your guys' discussion here, but as for MY opinion, I don't think women should be allowed to serve in *combat*, unless the situation got as dire as Russia's did in WWII. If they want to serve in the military, fine. I'm all for their right to do so. Nurses, etc., that's cool. Just not on the front lines of combat. It's common sense.

I'm not against women's rights, so please don't go flying off the handle at my comments. I just don't believe, for a number of reasons, women should be allowed on the front lines. Probably most importantly, women can be broken, so-called, a lot easier than men can. They simply aren't engineered for things such as combat. Moreover, women tend to be a little more emotionally (no offense, ladies) than men do, and enemies could easily pull information out of women (or do worse)captured than they could a man.

There, I've said my peace.

*sigh* Wow, I feel a lot better, now!

smile.gif

Ok, let's concentrate on this forced issue then.

Why are men "forced" into service? The draft, correct? And what allows men to be drafted? Laws set forth by our governement. Those laws determine who is elligible to be drafted. Now, let's assume just for a moment that women are allowed to be inducted into the infantry. They are not given a different set of standards for entry, there is only one standard to allow only the best and fittest in. Now, along comes a time of war and it is necessary to draft individuals for our army. Since women are now allowed to be in infantry,they are drafted alongside men. HOWEVER, here is where LAW comes into effect. Men are drafted first and then women. When a woman is drafted they check to see if she is married or single. If she is married they check to see if her husband is also in the military. If he is, then she is granted a pardon and not drafted. Voila.

And Byblos, your assumption that men are more willing to kill than women lacks something. Do these people kill or do they murder? Any Christian will tell you there is a difference between killing and murdering, that little commandment is more properly translated, "Thou shalt not MURDER". Those people sitting in jail have murdered, not killed. Now the question arises, are men or women more willing to kill and die for there country? If you're going to answer this question, please have something to back it up, like statistics or study.

Dark Virtue it isnt a myth its true. If it were false then women would be taking this into court, but they dont because they like it how it is. If they really wanted to grab an m-16 and blow away the enemy they would be fighting for it in court.

Dark Virtue, if women are allowed they will be drafted by the law.

Its not an assumption its true. Our soldiers kill for good not murder and still there are way less women willing to kill then men, we ARE NOT THE SAME! First look at violent games like unreal, sure girls play but arent 80% or more players male? How is this so?
WHy wont they fight for the country, because they dont want to and they shouldnt have to, CCGR said she would fight if they came to her house but she would rather leave it to the men.

Men are built for fighting, women are built for everything else... Look in prison how many women are there for murder compared to men? Look at hte military how many women are there compared to men? Its not a myth its how it is and how its going to stay.

Back