Women as Infantry..

Men cannot breast feed. Thus, they have a lesser role in child care. That's all I meant. Listen, it doesn't matter than this country is mostly christian. It's a secular nation, and for good reasons. Besides, the word 'god' does not only apply to the Christian religion. You're getting hung up on nebulous alledged truths that aren't adding up for you. Women shouldn't serve in combat situations because it's morally wrong for them to do so? Pardon me but, why not let the woman decide that for herself?

I would go into the nature of good and evil and morallity...but methinks that is for another thread. Hmm. I shall make it now!

Guys can just buy milk...
And the consititution, not the word God was written by Bible-goers.
Its not that its morally wrong, but too dangerous and morally wrong to force them into that..

the military is not equal because only men can get drafted. if women want to help out, who am I stop them? I see nothing wrong with them fighting however they see fit. times change

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 24 2004,11:29)]Its not that its morally wrong, but too dangerous and morally wrong to force them into that..
You just contradicted yourself...

Women are not being forced to be in combat situations. They enlist because they want to, and even if asked to be at the front line, there are ways of getting out of it. This isn't Vietnam anymore. We have a professional military. What don't you understand?

@ Bill
WHat dont I understand? YOu are argueing against the ways the military does work, not how I think it should. I didnt say I think it should be this way I said IT IS this way and I agree.

@ccgr
I know only men can get drafted and that is good. Alloweing women to be in any position sonds good but if you consider this. If they can do whatever they want, then like men they would be forced to do what the army wants. SO by making it against regulation for a woman to be an infantryman they cannot be forced there, You act like if women were allowed to be in the field that they wouldnt then be forced there! The only thing stopping women from being forced into the field is that they are not allowed.

Actually the draft will include women soon. But as I said, there are several ways to get out of serving in a combat zone if you don't want to. I asked you what didn't you understand because your arguement is far from logically sound. When it comes down to it, I think you're basing your opinion soley on the idea that fighting is done by the men. But that is an old idea, like CCGR said, times change. CCGR is a woman btw...

Actually the draft will include women soon.
Uh duh, that isnt the point. The point is they cannot be drafted as infantry because they cannot BE infantry!

I know ccgr and I doubt she would want to be forced on the fornt line and would agree to rather her husband go!

All to true Genesis, times are changing for the worse.

If a woman has children I wouldhate to see her be forced to go. But ifa woman is (ideally) single and wants to defend her country, I see ntohing wrong with stopping her

Ahh so women should get all of the good if it but not the bad end? where as men should get all the bad... well that is a bit unfair.

I believe the point is that some of the most feared and respected warriors in history are women. Did they need to be mollycoddled in case they were caught by the lusty males on the opposite side? Nope. They rode in, cut them to ribbons and led their armies to victory. Joan of Arc led a successful campaign until she was caught and burnt. Did she fear being raped if she was captured? Perhaps, but it didn't stop her becoming one of the most famous female soldiers in French history.

Thats all fine and dandy, but once again if they are allowed to be infantry, then they would be forced as infantry. Which im sure alot of women would not be happy with.

The problem most women have in the military is due to closed minded individuals who give them unnecessary grief because of their sex.

I am all for women in the military, HOWEVER, there should not be two sets of entrance qualifications for men and women. Leave the bar where it is. If women can't do the required number of situps, pushups, etc, then they are simply not qualified physically, end of story. If I get shot in the leg, I don't want a 5' nothing 100 pound male OR female to be responsible to drag me to safety.

Ok but once again if they are allowed to join by will, they will be draftable. and this will not be accepted by me and many others.

If they were draftable as infantry then they would have to face the same severe standards as men, which many can't meet.

And there is nothing to say that just because women can join the infantry of their own free will that the government would still only allow men to be draftable. Would that be ok with you?

Back