[Weekly - W] Now Playing

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Still Puzzle & Dragons. It's about the only mobile game left that I play (with the exception of Wordscapes, on the occasion where I don't forget that the game exists until 10-14 days into a month's worth of daily quests).

It took me a long while to get back to it, but I picked Dragon's Crown back up on the Vita that I purchased from @Kendrik last year. My first experiences with the game were positive, but ultimately lukewarm. Switching from warrior to elf has made all the difference. Love me some quick, agile characters that can seamlessly switch from ranged combat to close-quarters melee.

Enjoyed another TF2sday with my ToJ peeps. Shoutout to @The Mighty Gerbil for all his hard work organizing game nights and maintaining our server!

I'm still interested in multiplayer PC games like Dauntless, Destiny 2, Deep Rock Galactic, Guild Wars 2, Warframe--I should stop listing games, this is just making me sad. Anyway, I'm interested in said games, but my windows of opportunity to play multiplayer games is so tiny and fragile that it's difficult to get anything going. That being said, if anyone's interested in any of the games I just listed, ping me on Discord! Odds are I can't play right then, but it's not uncommon for Ember to fall asleep getting the kids to sleep (something I also find difficult not to do when it's my turn) and I sometimes have a small chunk of time to play after chores are done but before I go to bed.

Back on Pokemon Go. Put in the work to clear out enough items that I could visit Pokestops again. Not going particularly ham on the game right now, but have it back open.
Meanwhile, I'm contemplating uninstalling the game again. For a while, I was more interested in getting Pokemon GO running on a rooted Android device (and I finally did, thanks to Magisk Hide and some other neat tricks). Now that I've accomplished that, I haven't been able to maintain any interest in actually playing the game. Then again, I think the game is much better suited to people in other stages of life (and not to a dude who works full time, carts kids to and from extracurriculars, works out twice a week, and isn't inclined to go walking around downtown hitting up Pokestops and gyms). PoGo is one of those games that I wish had existed years ago when I would have time to play it properly.

Honestly, don't remember what else I've played this last week. Spent too much time sleeping instead. lol
You have two young children. Where do you find the time to sleep? T_T

Aleron

Eh?
I'm still playing GW2 and looked into Archeage Unchained, but a friend told me it would probably be too toxic for me (people ganking low levels). I enjoyed Eve Online but got bored because I never found a community to plug into. I canceled my sub but it's still active until later this month. I should at least log in and get more skills churning :)

Kendrik

Staff member
Meanwhile, I'm contemplating uninstalling the game again. For a while, I was more interested in getting Pokemon GO running on a rooted Android device (and I finally did, thanks to Magisk Hide and some other neat tricks). Now that I've accomplished that, I haven't been able to maintain any interest in actually playing the game. Then again, I think the game is much better suited to people in other stages of life (and not to a dude who works full time, carts kids to and from extracurriculars, works out twice a week, and isn't inclined to go walking around downtown hitting up Pokestops and gyms). PoGo is one of those games that I wish had existed years ago when I would have time to play it properly.

You have two young children. Where do you find the time to sleep? T_T
On the PokeGo note: I work on a university campus. I don't have to put effort in to play. Every trip to the restroom, to another building across campus, is an opportunity to catch new things and spin stops. In any other circumstance, I probably wouldn't play. I never go out of my way to play it. lol

On the note of sleep: I sleep in the tiny windows they're both sleeping. Obviously. No other time exists.

Tek7

Staff member
Still Puzzle & Dragons. Pulled one of the best leads in the game last week and the Samurai Shodown collab begins tomorrow. I've cleared almost all content in the game and I'm playing more casually, which has made the game more fun.

Played Team Fortress 2 on Tuesday and Golf With Your Friends on Friday with ToJ and CGA peeps. Good times!

Haven't had much time for anything else this week. Planning to get back to some games where my progress had stalled (e.g. Blaster Master Zero 2 on Switch, Bravely Default on 3DS, Dragon's Crown on Vita, etc.) in the near future. We'll see how that goes.

Tek7

Staff member
Still Puzzle & Dragons.

Played a brief round of Team Fortress 2 on Tuesday.

Also dabbled in Dragon's Crown on the Vita, Overwatch and StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void on PC, and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on the Switch this week. I'm hoping to get another 8 wins to unlock some Mercy-related goodies in Overwatch before the current event ends. I estimate I'm a little over halfway through the campaign in LotV. (No, I still haven't completed it. T_T) Felt great to fire StarCraft up again.

Tek7

Staff member
Still Puzzle & Dragons, though a lot less.

Upgraded from a 64GB microSD card to a 256GB card in my Switch. What should have been a simple process turned into an hours-long ordeal. The upshot is that I discovered that my monthly bandwidth cap is 1TB. Didn't play much on the Switch this week, but now I've got plenty of free space for the future!

Played a little bit of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle co-op with my older daughter on Thanksgiving day. Decided to pick up the full DLC set for $10 when it was on sale on Black Friday.

Recently picked up the monthly Humble Bundle for December for $9 (after discovering I had a $3 coupon thanks to the recent purchase of a games bundle) to get Yakuza Kiwami (SoulCalibur VI was an added bonus!) and have really been enjoying the game so far. Yakuza 2 was my entry point for the series and it remains my favorite in terms of story and characters. Returning to the beginning of the Yakuza series but with much, much shinier graphics has been a ton of fun so far. Maybe once I get through Yakuza Kiwami, I'll pick up where I left off in Yakuza 5 on the PS3 and get ready for the possibility of backwards compatibility in Sony's next console and Yakuza 6.