The person below me part two....

False, not sure that would be such a good thing.

The person below me was on when the prodigal couple logged on last night.

True, and it was awesome to see them on. Hopefully they will get on and play with us more.

The person below me has been going through old unmarked cd's. (I was very happy to find a cd with a bunch of picture of the kids from 8-9 years ago.)

Had a meeting with a government trust account auditor on behalf of a client this morning. You try and relax for that.

The person below understands the relationship between gold and purchasing power

False, I just want peace and joy the others are overrated.

The person below me is wondering why this thread is the only one active atm.

I don't wonder, I know.

Odale close: 20 years ago, $400 would buy you X amount of goods. Today, that $400 buys you less. That is a loss of purchasing power. You would need about $1000 today to have the same purchasing power. Had you bought $400 worth of gold 20 years ago, you could sell it today for about $1000 gold, maintaining your purchasing power. Its when Gold devalues that you have serious issue. Its called the gold standard for reason. Now you know, hopefully we never see the day when we through our gold and silver into the streets because they have become valueless!

The person below knew about that :)

I know what the gold standard is, and why we moved away from it.

Fiat money makes it easier to exchange money from country to country and since countries only have X amount of gold, they essentially only have X amount of purchasing power.

True XD

The person below me thinks I got that wrong... :D

False, close enough for a Psych major.

The person below me want to move to more of a cookie standard than any monetary standards.

True-ish. Money's overrated. Let's go back to trading goods. That way I could bake more. =P

The person below me also likes the cookie standard. =P

False, no phat loot, just a REALLY REALLY late night err early morning. I won't be doing that again.

The person below me has stayed up til wee hours of the morning playing games.

False!

I went to be before any of you!

The person below me was on lastnight but did not participate in the RVR fun!

True on the cookies standard. I'd be perpetually broke but well feed!
False on the on last night and enjoying the RvR fun, sounds like I missed a real blast

The person below knows darn well that in a Cookie Standard financial model, that Goblits Chocolate chip cookies would be the most valued and the highest costing commodity in that market would be the glass of milk that goes with it.

Aww.....thanks Sweetie! I'm out of chocolate chips though atm....

The person below me drank too much coffee and now has a headache.

False, when I drink too much coffee it is not pretty...

The person below me got a Kindle 2.0 today. <sweetness by the way>

Back