Religious Healers, lame.

Corpfox

OK, seriously, do you believe in that stuff?

I find that stupid when they say , "Praise the Lord, I shall heal this person, and vanquiesh the EVIL apond him/her, HALLELIAH!" Then shakes the person soo badly looks like the healer is killing the person, all the sudden, that person is cure, HOW THE HECK!?

how can a imperfect human like as WE ALL ARE have the power to heal like a GOD!? thats just lame and lame when their just doing it for the MONEY!!
mad.gif

Priest, Reverents, the ones that own churches......priests, w/e, i believe that, they wouldnt say there better than god, unless they did, then it would, how you people say it........BLASPHEMOUS!

if u believe that, people that heal by shaking someone to death, thats just stupid...

I am not sure. Much most definitly is through God.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
how can a imperfect human like as WE ALL ARE have the power to heal like a GOD!? thats just lame and lame when their just doing it for the MONEY!!
Really?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. -Mark 11:23

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
if u believe that, people that heal by shaking someone to death, thats just stupid...
The shaking isn't what cures them. It is when a demon possesed person is commanded by a Christian to leave. The demon has to leave. That's the shaking part. It's the faith of the Christian that heals.

One question, Corpfox where'd you see that happen??
True some people CAN act like that, but you don't have to to heal some one. The Holy Spirit moves through the person that gets healed. And it doesn't matter how the person that prays for them.... prays!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]One question, Corpfox where'd you see that happen??
You mean you haven't seen stuff like that? It's on those church TV shows all the time. The pastor calls up people who he has identified demons in, and then he commands the demon to leave.

I don't think its real. I think Benny Hinn is mislead man, and I think they do it all for the money. I have seen sincere healings, but when you broadcast on television for money and fame, come on now... People like that are going to have a lot of explaining to do before God... Thats what I think anyway

IMO, people with the gift of healing, prophecy, or being able to interpret dreams granted by God I do not think would be showing themselves and trying to make money for what they do. It should all be done to glorify the Almighty.

or miracles, ha. balloney. like on those 'miracle' shows, a couple couldnt have baby cause of something, and they find a baby in a garbage can and call it a miracle.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]True some people CAN act like that, but you don't have to to heal some one. The Holy Spirit moves through the person that gets healed.

physical or magical healing not the soul healing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The shaking isn't what cures them. It is when a demon possesed person is commanded by a Christian to leave. The demon has to leave. That's the shaking part. It's the faith of the Christian that heals.

like the poltergeist, heh. or the part on scary movie 2, 'possessed demon'.

Question, Master~Plan: Why do you believe in the miracles recorded in the Bible, which you must take soley on faith, but reject these faith healings, which you can watch with your own eyes?

Well, they make money for it because they're preachers. That is their JOB. I don't find anything wrong for it.

Whoops! That's the second time it's happened. I write a response to something on the first page without noticing there's a second page! Last time someone said "It'l be fun in heaven" and I wrote yeah can't wait! Well it ended up on the second page under: 'All those poor people that will suffer in the end times!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kingaragorn @ April 05 2004,6:18)]Whoops! That's the second time it's happened. I write a response to something on the first page without noticing there's a second page! Last time someone said "It'l be fun in heaven" and I wrote yeah can't wait! Well it ended up on the second page under: 'All those poor people that will suffer in the end times!
tounge.gif
hahah

I have have personally been involved in "healing" miracles, and I sincerely believe certain people do have the gift of healing. Now, that's not to say you don't have your fair-share of tent-preachers who go from town to town just for the money, because you certainly do -- humans are stupid and greedy.

My cousin, though, has introduced me to a lady who once had one leg nearly 4 inches shorter than the other, but was the same length as the other when I met her --- my cousin said during an extremely powerful worship service, the lady went down front in tears because she had been laughed out of the grocery store by some hoodlum kids with no respect. She spoke with the pastor, and the pastor called for the congregation to gather around her, to have a laying of hands ceremony, to ask for some sort of a miracle. According to my cousin, the pastor knelt down next to the woman's gimp leg and prayed over it, and at the end of the prayer, they all opened their eyes to see the leg literally grow to a proper length.

This might be second hand information, but I do trust my cousin.

I've personally seen huge cuts heal up in moments. Huge being over two inches long, quite deep. So, yes, I believe in the power of healing, though I think in this day and age, we have to be somewhat skeptical of all the claims you hear.

Vanaze

I too have been witness to healing miracles. A friend of mine was in a horrible car accident on his way home during Christmas Break and had his car totalled. I saw pictures from the wreck...his brain was literally splattered, his skull caved in, the car a mangled wreck. The doctors, in all their wisdom, said for sure he wouldn't live during the night. However, here he is, back at school, and it's a miracle that his eyes are even open. I believe firmly that he's been healed so completely due to the power of God through all the prayer we had.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kingaragorn @ April 05 2004,6:18)]Whoops! That's the second time it's happened. I write a response to something on the first page without noticing there's a second page! Last time someone said "It'l be fun in heaven" and I wrote yeah can't wait! Well it ended up on the second page under: 'All those poor people that will suffer in the end times!
tounge.gif
LOL.

Amazing. Just about everyone here seems to claim that they have seen miracles. Everyone but me. And anyone that I might know.

Mahfrot, is your friend brain damaged?

I too have seen miracles. A pastor here was tested positive for cancer. The doctor gave him a few years to live. Everyone prayed for him, and upon the next checkup He had no signs of cancer anywhere. God healed him... Just incase your skeptical like I was, he has 2 valid tests from the hospital dated. The earlier one says he has cancer, the later one says he has no sign of cancer.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Question, Master~Plan: Why do you believe in the miracles recorded in the Bible, which you must take soley on faith, but reject these faith healings, which you can watch with your own eyes?
I see lots of things on TV. I don't think Benny Henn is being sincere with what he does. He always "heals" in the same atmosphere (on a stage, on tv etc) Everyone who is heald faints and falls over. This just isn't what I have found to be biblical. I don't think using God (if he is indeed not seting up fake healings) on television to make money is credible for anything. I have seen miracles, but I don't know what Benny Henn/Hinn? is all about. I wouldn't follow the crowd and say "oooo look he healed someone on television, nothing on television can be fake so what he says must be true... "

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Amazing. Just about everyone here seems to claim that they have seen miracles. Everyone but me. And anyone that I might know.
If you have no faith in God, why do you expect to see miracles?

Back