Mike & Bob's Cata Raid Group - Update

Folks,
I apologize for my last minute cancellation last night. I was helping my wife's sister in-law and her two kids move. It was a sparse crew of me, my wife's brother (who is injured) and another woman. We got a late start and things went longer than expected (as they usually do moving).
Honestly, I couldn't leave them in the lurch, but I am sorry for doing that to you all.

I'm hoping we can field a full squad for Monday night. :)

I did some research and it looks like most groups recommend using Prismatic elixir + Elixir of the Master instead of the Battle elixir for Nefarion (sp?). Having said that Chris and I were able to team up to make 100 of each of these elixirs (10 per raid member). I don't believe these persist through death, and I am not optimistic enough to think we'll down him in less than 10 attempts, so if anyone wants to gather up some herbs/make a few extra, I think it will help.

Thanks Steve/Chris, but I have a question.

I understand the Prismatic Elixer, but not the Elixer of the Master. I don't understand why everyone should be using Mastery? I know that mastery is a great stat for many, but for Golias (warlock), mastery is one of the poorer stats. Haste (Elixir of Mighty Speed) is about 50% better than mastery for me, at least according to Simulationcraft and elitestjerks.

Regardless, my Druid (Pawbearer) is an alchemist and can make Elixers. I will start gathering mats.

Last edited:
I would agree with that for my DK as well. I will look at mats and craft some for tonight for us perhaps.

which elixir you choose doesn't matter. the mastery elixir is the 1 that was mentioned in the forums. you should choose the 1 battle elixir that is best for your character

I'm not buying it...sounds like a way for alchemists to make some money!

Seriously, until we get him to phase 3 the flask is the better way to go.

grats on V&T... soon you guys wont' need me anymore cause you'll be ahead of us!!!!
Thanks again for coming Ben! We appreciate your help and pointers. :)

Nice work group on the 2nd boss of BoT. July 8th we will vanquish Nefarian. :D
Enjoy the 4.2 Patch and the July 4th weekend with your families.

Back