Mike & Bob's Cata Raid Group - Update

Apollux

As some of you may have seen via my post on the "Guild Members Only" section, Mike - Berstromme is leaving on the 9th for a 3 week or so deployment to Iraq & Afghanistan. (Please send those prayers up for Mike and his family.)

That leaves us without a Pally/Tank healer for a bit. I'm interested in a sub for those next 3 weeks under the premise that this individual is a sub. I'd like another pally healer or a priest to take Mike's place.

Also, you may have noticed we are lacking a bit on our progression. Our group's overall gear level is getting better, but we are still a bit undergeared as a whole. iLvl 340 is what you should all be shooting for as a minium on your main spec in our run. Make sure your gear is enchanted, you have proper flasks and food as well. Thank you Rob and Todd for brining in the new fish feasts, but it expensive and not expected.

Also, Nathan/Drensharra has hung up his healy gloves for the time being and we are doing some shuffling in that area. Stay tuned for more details there.

For tonight's run (Feb 7th) I am not that interested in beating our heads up against the wall that is Omnotron. Frankly, we have only done a max of maybe 7M damage on the 33M HP the boss group has. Perhaps we take a look (for an hour) at Magmaw and gauge our progress there. If we don't make a substantial dent in whatever boss we engages health, then we'll call it after an hour.

We'll get our progression, so please stay focused and patient. We have some folks in our group with very busy real lives and that is priority #1.

:D

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/2123334

Take a look at how you are doing personally. Are you progressing overtime? Dying to the same effect over and over? More heals? More dps?

^ THIS
The meters are here so you can analyze your personal performance. How is your DPS? Your healing? Are you taking too much damage or constantly dieing in the fire?

Please review the logs and take a look at how you're doing and where you can improve and thus improve the raid as a whole. :D

With Mike being out a few weeks (in defense of our nation), I'm looking for a sub Tank healer. Any ideas or interested folks please shoot me a PM.

Just a bit of input with Omnitron - on the two successful tries we've had the difference has been whether there was damage done while the shields on the trons was up and the whether the pally fire resist aura was on. One of our members was tracking how many times a shield was hit (not sure how) but it made a huge difference to our overall success (from a healing perspective) when the shields weren;t being hit.

Magmaw Is Down!

W00T!

Magmaw is down! Nice work last night everyone! It took a few tries, but we really started jelling towards the end of the night and our last (and of course) successful attempt was flawless. Per some of your all comments, "Magmaw is now on farm." :p

Anyway, let's plan on vanquishing him again next week and moving on Omnotron. We owe that group a serious thrashing. Please continue to read up on that fight, especially how damage to their shields (at below 50 energy) is very detrimental to the raid.

Rob and Todd - thanks for the fish feasts. It's been very generous. Anyone with fishing skills and time please scrounge up any of the fish that make up the new feast to donate to the run. Also, thanks for the Cauldron last night Todd.

Keep working on your gear, rep, etc. Make sure everything is gemmed and enchanted, have your flasks and your own food at the ready too. These fights will get easier as our overall gearing improves (and we get better at the fights). Last - grats to Rob and Steve on their drops from Magmaw last night. :D

I am very excited about my new mace!
The whole team did great! Dps was able to take down the adds and still give Magmaw the beating he deserved and the healing was great! I died so much less than normal. Even Gradydo (Chris) didn't try to take Magmaw on by himself and wipe the raid :)
With the same teamwork, I am sure we can take down Omnotron.

If you guys need a ranged DPS or a standby, please put me on your list as I am every interested in raiding.

Thanks for putting that up Mike. I took a look at the critical deaths and this is what I came up with. Usually it is a tank or healer that dies 1st (except when the dumb lock gets hit by a poison bomb)

Attempt 1 - Tank died from poison bomb
Attempt 2 - Healer died from Magmatrons flamethrower
Attempt 3 - Tank died from a combination of Electrons static shock and melee with a little from Magmatrons Inc Sec Measure (Golias triggered Electrons shield when he goofed up his targeting)
Attempt 4 - Tank died from Toxitron melee ( 150k from 4 hits within 3 secs )
Attempt 5 - Tank died from Toxitron melee
Attempt 6 - Healer and tank died from poison bombs
Attempt 7 - Tank died from Toxitron melee
Attempt 8 - Tank died from Electron melee
Attempt 9 - Tank died from Electron melee
Attempt 10 - Healer died from Magmatrons Flamethrower and Tank from Electron Melee

Also found an interesting post from a guild working on Omnotron.

http://evolve-hydraxis.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6135599

Last edited:
Getting "Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' " etc. when I try the link. Anyone else having this problem?

well, I lost the link now...sorry.

Actually the site looks like it is having an issue. Hopefully it will come back up.

Last edited:
Another site for combat log analysis. I uploaded our attempts from Sat the 19th. See what you think. It seems like poison bombs are still an issue (I know I need to improve dpsing them) as well as sometimes Arcane Annihilator.

Another thing that has been mentioned is that this a very heal intensive fight. In our 1st attempt I saw Kobra get hit for over 220k in less than 7.5 seconds. He died. 84% of this was from Electron's melee and the rest from Magmatron's Inceneration Security Measure. Both of which, I think are unavoidable. Melee damage from the trons is by far the greatest damage source. From looking at past logs this type of thing seems to be fairly common. Please correct me if I am wrong here but this seems to require some really extraordinary healers.

Maybe I should sacrifice some dps and use my Curse of Weakness to mitigate the tron's melee attacks and help relieve a little of the load on the healers. What do you think??

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pziqyrky4b0hh59n/

Last edited:
Well, I don't know if my 2 cents is worth anything, but I look at your logs and see a few things...

1.) Arcane Annihilator NEEDS to be interrupted... This fight is all about keeping people alive and NOT a dps race, the next boss is a dps check...

2.) The 3 healers in our run do about 7k healing each, this doesn't mean you have to do the same, people just have to do better at avoiding stuff. ie: Pally bubbles, Feign death, Ice block, dispersion, anything to PREVENT or REDUCE the damage being done, so the healers can worry about the tanks.

3.) Electrical Discharge should NEVER hit anyone, this is a debuff that Electron puts on a person (DBM uses an X to show it) everyone NEEDS to be 8+ yards away from this person, even if it means you have to stop dpsing for the 15 seconds it's around... it doesn't do damage if no one is near you, so it shouldn't be in the top 4 damage taken moves...

That's the top three things I've seen, looking at your logs... I know it's really not my place, but that's what I see.

If you want, I can log our tron fight on tuesday and post the logs so you can see what our numbers look like... Let me know!

well, I semi talked to Bob about this last night, I'm trying to help you guys out, but you can just tell me to stop if you want... I won't take offense. We do Omni tomorrow and I will TRY to remember to log it... I'm sooooo very bad at logging raids... that and when I do, I have no clue how to post them.

That being said, with two Balance druids this fight should never end with Slimes hitting people... Remeber the slimes are stunnable, Slowable, Rootable... However you never want to Feign Death, or bubble out of a slime, it will fixate on a new usuaully closer target... we always try to kill the smiles in the order they apear with a couple exceptions. ie: Slimes on tanks 1st, healers 2nd, dps 3rd... the dps kite the smiles around the OUTSIDE of the room... since when the slimes die they still do a semi aoe.

This is all pretty easy because we try to leave the healers in the center of the room and dps towards the outside so we keep our 8yrds that we need at all times, it also helps with the beam, and with other mechanics that escape my mind right now.

I'm sure you guys are really close... remember that it is a survival fight, NOT a dps race... remember your interrupts and your slimes and you're half way there... Lightwells are a healers best friend, so if one is out Click it... in cata, DPS have to learn how to stay alive with minimum healing from healers, this was a big change for both these players (trust me, healers don't like seeing you at half life either). I'm sure you're almost there...

YOU GUYS/GIRLS ARE DOING GREAT!!!!! JUST KEEP AT IT!

Back