Introductions

New to cga

Hello Everyone!

I've been searching since either June or July for an FFXIV christian linkshell and almost got completely discouraged today in even starting ffxiv because I just don't do well in the so called 'mature' linkshells filled with immaturity and rudeness. I've been in those shells before and never want to return.

I did not know about the cga and am so happy to have found the site with guilds for other games as well. It's nice to meet you all and I'm really happy to be here.

Hello Everyone!

I've been searching since either June or July for an FFXIV christian linkshell and almost got completely discouraged today in even starting ffxiv because I just don't do well in the so called 'mature' linkshells filled with immaturity and rudeness. I've been in those shells before and never want to return.

I did not know about the cga and am so happy to have found the site with guilds for other games as well. It's nice to meet you all and I'm really happy to be here.

Welcome...and I am very happy to see you are interested in FFXIV! Check out our FFXIV forums here: http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224

Also check out our website: http://toj.cc/ffxiv

We hope to see you at release! :)

Last edited:
Hellos! My name is Nate, I'm 19 years old... (soon to be 20 in October) currently attending College. I'm a born again Christian, not much more needs to be said. I'm a part of the Homeslice Crew on Guild Wars (I have been for a few years now), I look forward to Guild Wars 2, and I hope to benefit spiritually from spending time with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ =D

lol - never mind Kendrik (no c) - welcome - and don't forget the PIN with that card number.

Welcome. Bank account numbers accepted in lieu of credit card numbers. In case you can't tell not everyone here is playing with a full deck, many are short a few french fries of a Happy Meal.

Hello everyone, Ive been searching for a Guild/Clan for a while now and normally never looked for any specific idea of a clan besides friendly people, but then an idea poped into my head! Why not game with other believers and thus I found this place and i love it so far <3

Glad to hear it, Kire. I see you've joined Spirit of Elijah/Elisha. Good times. Hope to see you around the forum and in game.

Hellos! My name is Nate, I'm 19 years old... (soon to be 20 in October) currently attending College. I'm a born again Christian, not much more needs to be said. I'm a part of the Homeslice Crew on Guild Wars (I have been for a few years now), I look forward to Guild Wars 2, and I hope to benefit spiritually from spending time with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ =D
/bump for newly approved post

Sorry I missed your post, Nate. ^^;;

Hey my name is colleen and I just joined today! i think this site is a great idea and am so glad I have found it! I play World of Warcraft and am hoping to find other christians who do as well!!!

Hey my name is colleen and I just joined today! i think this site is a great idea and am so glad I have found it! I play World of Warcraft and am hoping to find other christians who do as well!!!
/bump for newly approved post

Welcome! ^___^

If you're looking for a Christian WoW guild, then our List of Christian MMO guilds would be a good place to start.

Hello There

I'm a gaming Christian. I play LOTRO, and my kinship is Band of Hope.

I am looking to try WoW one more time, but the thing that keeps me away from WoW is the community.

So, if I hookup with a Christian guild, and turn off trade chat, I may be okay.

suggestions?

If you find the List of Christian MMO guilds too overwhelming, I'd suggest looking into the WoW guilds that make this forum their home, namely, The Forgiven, Mustard Seed Conspiracy, and Redeemed. You can find their information on the above linked list.

I know a number of people from those guilds -- in fact, as an officer I know pretty much everyone from one of them -- and they're generally good folks who love the Lord.

'nother intro

Hello all. Got saved @ 4.5 yrs ago in early 2006 at age of 30. Been a gamer since '88 when I finally got an NES. ;)
Got married little over a year ago, love being a husband. Little ones aren't in the game plan (afawk) for a few more months. I am a computer programmer, wife nanny's full-time and is getting a theology master's degree. I have relatively recently(<1yr) discovered my ministry is probably the fiscal kind (Dave Ramsey fan, myself), and my wife's are in OPK(other people's kids) and sheparding.
If anyone could explain to me the distinction btwn CGA and ToJ, that would be helpful. I'm looking around, and I'm quite confused. I even went to ToJ forum and found that it already knew my member name, which further confused me on any separation btwn the two.

Welcome to CGA, Indy.

The distinction ain't so easy to see when looking at the forums. Tribe of Judah is a multi-game clan with bunches of game-/series-specific chapters. CGA is a banner, of sorts, with the goal of bringing Christian gamers together and services clans, sites, and ministries other than (but still including) Tribe of Judah.

Hope that helps a little bit.

To clarify Kendrik's clarification:

CGA is a website run by Tek7 and a few others as a place for Christian gamers to hang out and network. Tek7 also happens to be the founder of Tribe of Judah, which is a multi-platform multi-title Christian gaming clan. Naturally, as one of Tek7's goals for CGA is to be a place for Christian gaming clans to network, ToJ finds its home here.

There are a few other gaming clans that make their homes or at least lurk around a lot on the CGA forums, including The Forgiven and God's Frozen Chosen, but ToJ's presence is fairly large, given that they are both founded and co-run by the same guy.

There are a few other gaming clans that make their homes or at least lurk around a lot on the CGA forums, including The Forgiven and God's Frozen Chosen, but ToJ's presence is fairly large, given that they are both founded and co-run by the same guy.
True, but it's my goal to directly invite more Christian gaming groups and sites to join the Alliance so Tribe of Judah doesn't account for such a large percentage of activity in the CGA. (I still want ToJ to be just as involved as it is today, but I also want more groups participating in the CGA so activity is more evenly distributed.)

Put another way, Tribe of Judah is a Christian gaming group and a member-group of the Christian Gamers Alliance. The CGA is a gathering of Christian gaming groups and web sites.

We (the CGA) are always on the lookout for new Christian gaming groups and web sites to join us, but first we need people to volunteer to join CGA staff as Affiliate Recruiters and invite other Christian gaming groups and sites to join us.

Those interested in serving as Affiliate Recruiters should check out our Help Wanted thread.

Back