I am frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish i was on the dean's list :/

Like everything in life what you put into it is what you get out of it. :) Oh gear almost means nothing remember the post i made about the Guild that downed Illidan in 2 months? Skills > Gear
Like Galatian said lets take a poll...who's willing to come raid "hardcore"

Treehouse hits all the main points of being a "hardcore" raider. Bring your 100% or else don't come 'cause you're just wasting everyone else's time.

but raiding "casually" is nothing but selfishness.

Wow thats harsh and needs a definition. Casual raiders are accepted, but need to realize others with higher raid attendance are higher on the loot totem pole than they are. There is nothing wrong with casually raiding, but if you walk into a raid for the first time in 3 weeks and expect loot, then we may have a problem :).

-Heroic and crafted gear
-All blue gems
-All gear enchanted
-Brings consumables (food buffs, weapon buffs - IE wizard oil, flasks)
-Reads up on fights in advance
-Watches videos of the fights
-High raid attendance
-More concerned with progression than loot
-Real performance on the meters
-LEARNS FROM MISTAKES! (And applying the newly learned material.)
-Positive attitude
-Willing to help noobs

I think this is a very accurate description however I have never been a fan of performance judging by DPS and healing meters. There is so much more to being a great raider than just being able to dish out damage and throw out heals, such as staying alive or like Tree mentioned, preparedness.

I think this is a very accurate description however I have never been a fan of performance judging by DPS and healing meters. There is so much more to being a great raider than just being able to dish out damage and throw out heals, such as staying alive or like Tree mentioned, preparedness.

I agree to a point...then again, if you're dead, your DPS drops :D. You do have to use meters to some extent, but they're not the sole thing...for example, CCers and interrupters will have lower DPS as they CC and interrupt...those are taken into consideration, but when the differences are very large...then it's something you need to look at.

notice how i said "casually" not casually; raiding casually is no problem, it's what i do. raiding for the loot while not caring about how the encounter goes(not doing your homework) or even learning about how to play your class and then call yourself a casual raider is selfish.

I think we are digressing from the solution standpoint. It’s good to define and set a standard for what we want and want to accomplish. But again I stress to remind you, avoid the finger pointing or mudslinging. If we set a bar of excellence that only the truly hardcore can hit, we need to set a lower bar as well not to exclude anyone who does not have the time necessary to ( and maybe the drive) to hit that as well but still want to contribute and enjoy themselves.

I would love the tenacity of the Spartans, but then few of us could truly function in such an organization. As I read these post and many are awesome and insightful. But, YES , BUT, we do not want to exclude or push anyone out. Offenses come easy to some, and that’s not what I think we need to focus on.

Maybe its time to lock this thread , and start a new one where some constructive topics can be defined and goals ironed out and groups(raids) and be focused on. I only say this because I think and feel enough about what is going wrong has been said, now it would be good to focused on what we can do to make it better.

This is not pointed at anyone, it was merely my humble observation.

Much Love,
Pt

I agree to a point...then again, if you're dead, your DPS drops :D. You do have to use meters to some extent, but they're not the sole thing...for example, CCers and interrupters will have lower DPS as they CC and interrupt...those are taken into consideration, but when the differences are very large...then it's something you need to look at.
If their DPS is that low, all you need to do is watch them lol. Shouldn't take that long to figure out something is wrong.

I think the guild needed to vent some and communicate their feelings to one another and the officers, who hear you.

New ideas are always welcome, and the guild and raid leaders are working on some items right now.

With the Thanksgiving Holidays, take this time to farm and relax, run a little Kara, be with family, friends and be thankful for each other!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

ive learned man things over the last year ive played wow but the one biggie is KNOW HOW TO PLAY YOUR CLASS. ive seen people who are geared near perfect who cant even play the class right.
skill<gear .pure and simple.
if your not willing to learn how to play your class, do play them or raid with them, the fight is different for a healer, a tank , and a dps . new instructions each time . i also think that if your not willing to learn teh fight ahead of time, your not FULLY preparing yourself for whats instore that day.

King David didn't have the right gear.
King David didn't have correct spec's
King David didn't even have the best weapon.

What he did have was an understanding of the person and principles of God.
When he followed those principles, David won.
When he didn't follow those principles, David Lost........Ask Bathsheba.

When David was anointed king of Israel, he waited his turn to take the throne. Even though he knew he was the rightful king, had all the requirements, best experience and was backed and loved by the highest Authority, Yet, king David did not take his rightful place.....He waited and did not butt in line.

Where David did butt in line was with Bathsheba. What David did with her was not even his rightful place to do. Thinking because he was king, he could do what he wanted....David and Israel payed a devastating price for what he did with her.

God said follow Me and My ways and you will prosper.....Do not follow follow Me and My ways and things will not go so good for you. ( paraphrased of what God said to Israel )

I believe we butted in line and allowed others too also. Like a good ol boys club.

It is important to not Butt in line nor allow others to do it, but to do what is right and wait their/our turn.

Longevity in the guild has an honored place. It should not be taken lightly. It should not be violated. Anyone can be walked over and ignored. But you cannot do that to God. His principles can not be ignored. Look at King David.

Before you look at all these things that we think decides who is worthy and who should be on what raids, 1st look to see if we have offended God along the way. And make sure it is not God Himself who is making things go poorly in the guild.

you make a really good point. we are leaving god out of teh picture when we say someone cant go because of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back