Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

Combos (not the snack)

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=22416&storypage=2

Quotes,

"...you don’t have to have everyone in your group have fire arrows, because all you need is an elementalist that can drop a flame wall down for you. Our combos aren’t doing many things that weren’t already in the game, it’s just giving you an additional way to do them."

"...we’ve made it so that many of the environmental weapons react differently depending on what class picks them up. Since you’re already running around with a pretty bad--- weapon to begin with, we had to make sure that the rock (or whatever) you picked up was absolutely awesome. That sort of idea, again, allows us to come up with all sorts of different combinations between the classes and the environmental weapons."

-Proph.

Each character is given a home instance, personalized to their biography choices, located in their racial capital...

A player can choose to join one of these organizations(The Order of Whispers, The Durmand Priory, The Vigil) making that decision through their character's personal story.

Choosing specifics of your character's biography, or making decisions during a storyline, will alter your character's story within the game. Some of these differences will be tangible, like having special NPCs or merchants in your home instance, getting pretty town clothes, or seeing special cinematics.

:eek: This makes me VERY happy.

-Proph.

That thing is crazy beastly!!! I was wondering why the dogs were just standing there, but then I realized, they couldn't scratch that thing!

gamescom (August 19-22) – This is the big one folks! I’m happy to announce that we will unveil the first public hands-on demo of Guild Wars 2 at gamescom in Cologne, Germany! If you want to be the first in your guild to play GW2 (and you’re in Europe), this is the show to attend. Naturally, we’ll have tons of ArenaNet staff on-hand, including studio head Mike O’Brien and German community manager Martin Kerstein, plus lots of cool activities. But let’s face it; we know it’s all about the game. We’ll have more details about the GW2 demo in the near future.

Sweet!

But for US players...
PAX Prime (September 3-5) – PAX is probably our favorite trade show because it’s in our hometown of Seattle and we love Penny Arcade. As some of you have astutely noted, ArenaNet is always at this show in full force, so expect to meet your favorite artists, designers, and community people – along with hands-on demo stations of Guild Wars 2. If you’ve ever attended PAX before, you know we always have a lot going on – so much, in fact, that we’re going to need a separate follow-up post to go into more detail.

-Proph.

Last edited:
Sweet!

But for US players...

-Proph.

Sometime in Aug, my father in law is taking my wife to Paris and possibly Munich, I can't go because I work, and cannot get 2 weeks off :p LOL... But if she is there around that time I might have to have her go... :)

Last edited:
Hoo Ha moving bows and guns to warriors on a more useful basis? Sounds different for sure.

I've been geeking out all day about the new Warrior and Traits info. It always makes me so happy when they slip us a little drip of info. (Maybe that's why they're doing it this way... those sly dogs.)

Is it too much to ask for a character pre-creator? So that on day one we're ready to drop our characters in?

Activities, Achievements, Feats, Maps & Travel, and Personality

http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/g...enschaften-erfolge-aktivitaeten-6238/seite-2/

Quotes:

Depending on a character’s personality certain NPC’s in the game will react to them differently and they will also be able to take certain actions that would otherwise have been unavailable. For example a “barbaric” who is trying to get information from someone may have the option to “punch them in the face”.

I have wanted to do this to so many NPCs in GW1 when the quest are horribly unclear and I don't know where to go next... so this should be fun part for me in GW2. :D

-Proph.

Last edited:
Official Activities: Games Within the Game blog.

Pretty neat stuff like arcade style games, bar room brawls, and snowball fights. Even some hint at race based games. Could be a nice escape from hack and slash. Also just to note...

Those are just a few examples of some of the activities we’ll be offering.

-Proph.

Back