GFC Chapter a Day Bible Challenge! (Book Of Proverbs)

HUGS I just don't have it in me right now to actually contribute to this, but wanted to say thank you for those of you who are actually adding.

I am "trying" to at least read one or more chapters of Proverbs before going to sleep each night and can tell you some hit harder than others. I needed some inspiration to start somewhere and I appreciate being able to check in.

Knowing that y'all are actually committing to this has made it easier for me to do so as well. So a big THANK YOU!!!!

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Proverbs 5:23 He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly.

I have been working to get a more productive daily schedule, wake up, pray, breakfast, etc. If I keep to that schedule, and stick to it, I will keep things on track and not have things pile up, which in turn causes mess, which then causes stress which is bad :)

Gen

LITSAFALDA: Glad to see you are reading. Maybe you will be able to participate the next time we do this.

Pie: Maybe we should try to continue this for the rest of the year

(My apologies for being a might tardy, we had visitors for most of the day)
Proverbs 5:1 said:
1. My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight,

Unless we pay attention and turn our full attention to what the Lord has for us, we will not be able to fully grasp what He is trying to tell us.

HUGS I just don't have it in me right now to actually contribute to this, but wanted to say thank you for those of you who are actually adding.

I am "trying" to at least read one or more chapters of Proverbs before going to sleep each night and can tell you some hit harder than others. I needed some inspiration to start somewhere and I appreciate being able to check in.

Knowing that y'all are actually committing to this has made it easier for me to do so as well. So a big THANK YOU!!!!

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Its quite alright Angel. :)

If you can stick to one chapter a day, it makes it a lot easier. :)

Proverbs 6:2 if you have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth,

When I first read this verse, I immediately thought of all of the times our daughter has been caught telling a lie and how it always comes back to get her in more trouble, yet when she tells the truth, not as much of an issue. Just one of the ways that God has used my kids to teach me more about Him

Proverbs 6:16-19 said:
16. There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him:

17.haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,

18.a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,

19. a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

(Cross posted on the Verse of the day.)

Now think about this, the Lord Detests these things. Detests! According to dictionary.com. Detest means
Dictionary.com said:
to call down a curse upon, loathe,

These things are so evil that they are cursed!

Now remember, you don't have to actually commit these things in the flesh, the Lord know yoru heart, so if you THINK it, so it has happened.

Guard your heart. Guard your thoughts. If you keep them on the Lord, then these detestable things will stay far from you.

Proverbs 6:6-8
"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Which having no overseer, or ruler, provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest."

We need to make our hearts willing and able to do the things that are right and necessary, simply because they are right and necessary, and not just due to any greater power over us telling us we have to.

Proverbs 7:21
"With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him."

We have to always be on our guard against those who can artfully disguise harm and evil as something seemingly good and desireable. God's word will help keep us from falling into their traps, but we have to also heed His word and not just know it to give it the power to do so.

Proverbs 7:4 Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and call understanding your kinsman;

I am curious how man of us would really know how close to us Wisdom and Understanding are supposed to be to us. The analogy says that we are to call them relatives, but how many of us are really that close to our family. I know there are those who are, but it seems like they are the exception, not the rule. If I were to keep Wisdom and Understanding as close to me as my brother and I are, I would probably be counted as foolish.

Proverbs 7:2 said:
2. Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.

3. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.

Guard my teachings. If you are going to guard something, you pay closer attention to it. Because of this scrutiny, you are more likely to notice if something were amiss.

Bind them on your fingers.... Today a lot of people use a piece of string tied around their finger to remind them of something. Does it always work? No. If you bind somethign to your fingers it may cause some pain, and with the weight of wisdom, it will be noticeable. Write them on the tablets of your heart. Your deepest parts, kind of like guarding them, memorize the words of wisdom so much that they are a part of your very being...

Proverbs 8:23
"I (Wisdom) was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was."

Have you ever been trying to do the right thing or encouraging someone else to do so only to be told something like 'Well that's not the way the real world works...'? Well wisdom came first before the earth was even made, so it's the world that really depends on wisdom, not the other way around.

Proverbs 8:22 said:
22. "The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,+t,+u before his deeds of old;

23. I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.

This is how important wisdom is. God created it (Though I'm not sure Wisdom was created, I think it is a part of God that He put into the world, however i have no biblical basis to back that up. So its just my musing)

God created it before he setup the world. Before creation started, Wisdom was there. Wisdom is on the foundation of the world. Too bad many people don't heed her voice...

Proverbs 8:35 For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord.

Promise -> actions (on our part) -> promise fulfilled.

And HE always keeps HIS word.

I love it when things are layed out in a clear concise way.

Proverbs 9:1
"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars"

Wisdom is a proactive builder with a vision to accomplish, not one who only aspires to be able to endure through the days at the mercy of whatever circumstances come about. Wisdom has higher goals than just survival.

Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Information is given and then can be applied and taught. Only when you understand something can you effectively teach it

Gen

p.s. I really did not want to read tonight. It took a huge effort to read through Chapter 9

Proverbs 10:3
"The Lord will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish: but he casteth away the substance of the wicked."

We should always have confidence in doing right, even when it doesn't seem the most profitable thing to do. God has made a promise to take care of those who maintain their faith in His word.

Proverbs 10: 1 The proverbs of Solomon: A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother.

Amen to that

I think this whole chapter could easily be applied to my life right now. I know that things would be go easier for my daughter if she used some of these things.

It is amazing how God uses children to help us better understand Him. I wonder how many times He has said the same thing about me

Proverbs 10:22 said:
22.The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it.

Wealth doesn't mean material wealth. :) There is more to life than money.

God gives us this wealth and nothing bad will come from it. Make sure your ideals and plans are in line with God's.

Back