GFC Chapter a Day Bible Challenge! (Book Of Proverbs)

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,

I am pleased to announce a Bible Challenge!

This is open to anyone who wishes to participate.

The Challenge is thus:

Read 1 chapter of Proverbs a day for the entire month of September! Starting with chapter 1 all the way through chapter 30.

Now, to have accountability; The way to keep track of the challenge is to post at least 1 verse per day from the chapter you read, Preferably with a small comment about it on how it applies to your life. :D

Please sign up on this thread as to whether or not you will participate!

I know I will. :)

September 1

22How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

God is moving me onto something awesome. Hard transition, but with His help (and if I stay faithful to His Word) He will get me there

Proverbs 1:20
"Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:"

Even though the book of Proverbs is usually said to be the book of wisdom, Proverbs itself doesn't say that by reading its words alone we will become wise. Often it exhorts us to go out and seek out wisdom and be willing to make some sacrifices for it.

It is a common pitfall for the dedicated Christian to start treating wisdom like knowledge, something that can be approached only through rigor and study in an insulated environment, but the Bible says wisdom is outside crying in the streets. Sometimes we need to go outside and be among God-made things for a while to listen to and reconnect with Him, and not keep ourselves too separate from the outside world with our controlled environments and surroundings of man-made things that we risk losing connection with Him and with the realities that wisdom was given to us to be able to deal with in the first place.

Proverbs 2:8
"He keepeth the paths of judgement, and preserveth the way of his saints."

Whenever we face difficult times and don't know what to do, God has already preserved a way for us! All we have to do is ask and He can show us that way.

I am so bad, I announce the challenge and miss the first day! (At least for posting... :( )

Yesterday started at 5 am and ended at 11 ish pm...

Proverbs 1:3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair;

For me, there is no greater feeling than knowing what I have been doing has been because of a discipline I pushed into myself into. By turning my body into a slave to my will instead of my desires, I can please God more. When I take the time to Discipline myself to get up earlier than normal to make sure I get the chance to spend time with Him. When I have the Discipline to walk out of a movie because of the swearing...

When we really get the chance to dig deep into the Word, we start finding a strength we didn't know we had.

(That was yesterday!)

When things get hard, don't forget that there are those of us who care enough to talk to you and pray with and for you.

and I thank God for those people everyday. I am truely blessed that there are those in my life who are such awesome prayer warriors. I pray that God blesses them more than they bless me.

Proverbs 2:5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.

I love it when God lays out, very plainly, what He is asking of us. My spirit delights when I find this little gems

Proverbs 2:16 said:
16. It will save you also from the adulteress, from the wayward wife with her seductive words,

Wisdom granted by the Lord will help me find the He has planned for me. Not neccesarily the girl I see and want.

Proverbs 3:25Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. 26For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Personal that I really can't post here

Proverbs 3:27 said:
27. Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act.

Honestly, it is hard to describe why this particular verse means so much to me. I guess the hardest part is learning how to act when these opportunities arise... To know what good you are supposed to give and to whom it is deserved.

Proverbs 4:1 Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.

I know that Proverbs contains a lot understanding wisdom, but I also believe that there are no wasted words in Bible. I like this verse because I am encouraged to listen to one who learned the lessons I am working on (one who is older and has experienced more, but is still looking out for my best interest). Learning life's lessons is good, but having a guide helps a lot

Proverbs 4:23 said:
23. Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Guarding our hearts is tough. I learned the hard way a few years back about not guarding my heart. It didn't go beyond flirtation, but the words that came up after I found out how I was acting still sting to this day. (Praise the Lord, this particular young lady got married less than 6 months after.)

Proverbs 4:5
"Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth."

It is not enough to only get wisdom, but we also have to take care to remember it and not turn away from it once we have it.

Proverbs 5:15
"Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well."

Be content and happy with what you have so you don't start looking at other things that may lead you astray.

Back