• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd join a specifically ToJ team if we can generate enough people to create a respectible team. Otherwise, I'd suggest we merge all our players with the team of Christians I'm currently on.

Unfortunately my router isn't installing on my computer
sad.gif

I had it working for a long time, and then after I installed my new mobo I couldn't get the software to load. Fun stuff.

what xbox live enabled games do you guys have? I have splinter cell pandora tomorrow and soon to have halo 2...i dont have broadband yet but when i get a job and do have it im gunna get x box live asap, so i just wanted to know what games i will be playing with you guys =P

Well, the chapter is currently "Inactive", which essentially means that we can't take care of the chapter right now.

But as for the games, I believe that we will almost definately have a Halo 2 chapter once the game comes out.

Oh ya, Splinter Cell is a sweet game. I didn't like the multiplayer that much, but the campaign is awesome.

Here's my list:
Amped 2
Links 2004
Top Spin
Counter Strike
Halo 2 (upon release)
RS3: BA
ESPN NFL 2K5
SC: PT
Star Wars: Battlefront (when my copy gets to me)

Halo 2
Starcraft: Ghost
Splinter Cell: Pandoren Tomorrow (Part Splinter Cell part Warcraft - lol just kidding)
The next online football game that comes out

So today I was treated with a great thing when I checked the mail. My copy of Star Wars Battlefront had come. Now at first I started playing SP so I could learn the controls and everything. Having heard from reviews that this game was very easy on SP, I set it for hard. I found it to be rather challenging. So the SP shall keep me occupied for a bit. However it feels kinda lonely. I think Live will take care of that problem. Otherwise the game's very enjoyable and I'm glad I got it. I'll have more comments about it after I play Live and all. Also tomorrow night I'm going to test out my 24 player server for this game. So if any of you have this game or plan to rent it and try it, get on Live tomorrow night around 9:00 PM EST. Look for my server (Dan12R) and have fun. Also I'd appreciate it if you told me how well the server ran for you. I want to get an idea of how many people I can host.

So I've offically given Live a try and it's got great potential. The reason I say potential is there's some issues with it. If these are fixed, we're looking at one of the best games on Live. Here's the list of issues I've been having:
1. It has trouble connecting to games most of the time. I select a game from the Optimatch list and it goes for 60 seconds without connecting.
2. After it fails to connect, I have to reload the optimatch list. I can't select another match in that list even though the game takes me back to that menu. It's obviously a problem in the code.
3. 90% of the games have bad ping. This just doesn't make sense to me. I've never seen this in a Live game before. And it's the 3 and 4 person servers that have the problem as well as the 24 person servers.
4. 95% of the games I play in are laggy. Even if I get a good ping rating, the thing's still got issues. Just about every game I've got that "bad connection" logo flashing in the corner of my screen. This is just horrid.

It is quite fun jumping in an AT-AT and blasting snowspeeders. I agree, easy is way to easy.

I can't wait until they release a linux dedicated server binary and I think we will being running a dedicated server for those with the PC version. I hope the XBox and PS2 guys can connect to it but I have a feeling they won't.

I know you won't be able to play with the Xbox players. But maybe with the PS2 crowd. I'm not sure. But it is rather fun to run and gun, hide from AT-ST's so they don't waste you, all that good stuff.

So I've got an update to the case of lag. The problem now is people don't know how to host. I've got no doubt in my mind. I just got done hosting a game with 10 bots on each side and 20 players. I kept asking people if they had lag issues and they said that they had none at all. With most games I've joined it's like 20 bots on each side on top of the max amount of players. Now I was a little worried that it wouldn't have the same feel with so few people. But it ended up being 20 people on each side and had the same feel as SP in regards to numbers. So my whole lag issue in battlefront has been solved. Now I can give this game my full recommendation.

The auto-update to fix a lot of the problems that existed in this game has been released. Haven't tried it yet, but it's there.

I've got this rented and I'm seriously considering buying it. I'll be looking for you online. (check and make sure I didn't accidentally remove you from my friends list when I was pruning it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back