Aion Guild

just an update to the lag issue. It is happening to everyone on the siel server right now..im not sure about the other servers since I havent played them. It's def. an Aion issue and they are most likely working to resolve this.

what's your character's name cr8ton?
If you guys could post your toon's names in the aion beta character name thread that'd be great.

I've had no lag issues on siel at all...
i had one instance of rubberbanding and it was very brief and during a "fall" animation (he was falling a short distance twice).

Had some lag issues as well, but is just seems to be a server issue. I am all playing for the light side (Elyos) because I always like playing the underdog.

I've just recently picked up Aion. So far, it seems pretty good. It has some issues to work out, but overall its pretty good.

So I was wondering if there was a Christian guild forming? If so, what server is everyone hooking up on?

Yes there is a Christian guild forming for retail.

In open beta, we are tentatively called "The Elect" on the Siel server (Elyos side)

We are still polling for what our final name will be and you may cast your vote HERE

You can also find some contact names to get in touch with HERE

Excellent! That's the information I was looking for.

Will we have a Vent server for communication or just in-game chat? I'm still trying to get used to the in-game chat system. I haven't figured out how to whisper anyone yet. :(

All,

Just wanted to thank everyone for keeping this post active and I enjoy the other threads coming out of this. Keep up the good blogging. Hope to speak to all of you soon on the Siel Server. Vote Sons of Thunder!

why “sons of thunder”? The Bible never fully explains this interesting nickname, but we can see the cause of it in the lives of these two men

A. They were quick to protect Jesus, though their zeal was misplaced - Mark 9:38-40

B. When Jesus was rejected by the Samaritans because he was traveling to Jerusalem, James and John wanted to avenge the insult - Luke 9:51-56

C. They had great zeal, but, like the Jewish people as a whole, it was not founded in knowledge - Romans 10:1-3

D. They, and their family, wanted to be great in Jesus’s kingdom - Matthew 20:20-28

1. We often think how pushy their mother was, but notice that they were willing to suffer for Christ and Christ granted that it would be so.

2. It was Peter and John who were arrested and threatened - Acts 4:13-21

3. James was the first apostle to die for the faith - Acts 12:1-2

a. I suspect that it was the son of thunder who stood out, making him the easy target.

woohoo! 3 way tie! haha

I voted Revelations, but I also very much liked the name Sons of Thunder. I kinda felt The Elect may come across as sounding elitist to the general population. Maybe its just me.

I know I threw Armor of God out there a little while back, but I do think eventually someone in the general population would have a complaint about that name and we would be taking a chance at having to rename anyway since it so directly mentions God and may be in violation of naming policy.

I like the "Sons of Thunder", too. Or Zebedee - either works for me.

It also fits into the fantasy realm that we'll be playing in. (win-win) :)

Back