Aion Guild

I am like 90% sure I'm going Gladiator. Unless no one in the guild is rolling Templar and we need a main-tank then I will gladly switch to Templar. Either way it is all about big weapons and platemail for me! I won't have any alts most likely.

Last edited:
I think i was in a cgalliance guild for warhammer but i lost interest in that game.

I got the pre order card so i will be trying it out. Anyone know a good place to DL the game cause i only got 2% DLed overnight with cable internet from the regular patcher.

Has anyone posted on any other websites about starting a christian guild in aion?

Last edited:
I haven't. This was pretty much all I could find, except for family-friendly guilds that were non-christian. But even those seemed inactive or full.

I got it downloaded from file planet overnight. After install it brought up some wierd little asian watch dog program with some error. I rebooted and it still gave an error but loaded the game.

yea, i believe it to be a common issue at this time with gameguard. i remember reading that it'll be fixed before launch or openbeta.

I got it downloaded from file planet overnight. After install it brought up some wierd little asian watch dog program with some error. I rebooted and it still gave an error but loaded the game.

If you are running Vista or 7 you need to run Aion as admin and you will stop getting the strange error...you might also have to find gameguard in your program files and set it to run as admin as well...

I had the closed beta client so I downloaded the CBT_TO_OBT update off fileplanet. I'm excited about open beta this sunday and hope to see some of you on there. I am most likely playing ranger.

Here are some guild names I like:

The elect
Sons of Thunder
Kingdom on earth
Glorious light
Beholders of Truth
Kingdom Seekers
Not of this world
Heavenly Incense
Eternal Light
One hope
Born Again

okay.. i'm rambling now lol..just wanted to throw some out there to get some ppl thinking. Anyhow I'm happy with whatever we decide! God bless

My copy got messed up so I uninstalled and am redownloading the OB client, which is taking forever. Hopefully I'll have it done in time to get in there before OB is over, rofl. Tried reinstalling from the ncsoft client, but it was too slow.

<3 to NCSoft for offering an alternative to FilePlanet. Better yet, it's available by BitTorrent.

EDIT: It would help if I could download the .torrent file through a web browser. I had to log in to the NCSoft FTP server and grab the .torrent file from there.

Ouch. AionFullInstaller_1.5.0.1.zip weighs in at over 9GB. >_<

Last edited:
Heya, here's a quote from aiononline, should we perhaps pick a different, lower pop server just in case? just for OB i mean. Cuz Siel was the crazy server during CB. (unless everyone was rolling asmodian over elyos?)

"Please remember this is an Open Beta Test, and while our goal is to provide you with a flawless Aion experience, there are behind-the-scenes infrastructure tests happening to prepare for launch. One very important area that will affect everyone is that we will be balancing races as folks rush to log into the servers. As a result, you may get a "This race cannot be created" message because that server is starting to become unbalanced. It's important to us that we try and keep a balance of the races during the Open Beta of Aion. If you come across this message, please feel free to try another server or wait until the server balance has tipped back."

In Warhammer, when the population of players took a dive after the first 3 months, if you were not on a 'crowded server at launch', you were on a lonley empty land.

I would rather have a log-in queue than no one to PvP with, my 2 cents...

In Warhammer, when the population of players took a dive after the first 3 months, if you were not on a 'crowded server at launch', you were on a lonley empty land.

I would rather have a log-in queue than no one to PvP with, my 2 cents...

i can see both viewpoints..although another plus of busy servers is if you're a really good guild, you are more well-known than if your a really good guild on a not so populated server.

I wouldn't worry too much about overcrowded servers, with the first 10 lvls being in a channeled instance, we shouldn't have too much lag. Plus coldturkey49 is 100% correct, regarding his comment after 3 months. I played WAR and even though I was on a more populated server, after 3 months is just got boring... or maybe it was just the game. See you guys soon!

sry for replying to my post and i posted part of this in another thread.
i got the game reinstalled and everything seems to be working fine. i rolled elyos on siel using the name tunoddezalg. let's get something goin! :D

edit: ugh, that's what i get for saving this thread in my favorites as a page. i totally missed pg6 rofl. i was wondering where everyone went! hehe

Last edited:
What server/side?
My vote = Very High pop / Asmodians

...after playing in beta. Asmodians have a slight advantage in Abyss PvP as their darker skin tones and wings are less of a beacon as Elyos....they also have much cooler music while leveling (IMO!)

I agree with what someone said earlier...if you weren't in a high pop server in an MMO (like in Warhammer) ...when the populations settle in for the longhaul, you might end up in a ghost town.

Last edited:
siel, not sure if we've decided on a side or not yet... But playing right now, siel elyos side is extremely laggy even though it's only at low population

Last edited:
well, i forgot about the channels thing, and the high pop doesn't seem to be too bad of an issue at this time (or even the queue times). my tuno char is elyos but i rolled a char on israphel and only rolled to lvl 3 and i gotta admit, it feels very much the same as elyos (just darker of course). not too fond of the claws. mane doesn't bother me, but the music is definately cooler imo. So at this point, I don't really care which server or side ;D tuno is only 10, so if everyone decides asmodian, i'll just start again.
I shoulda' rolled an asmodian in CB, but i guess i figured it was gonna be elyos from the get go with ppl here. :D

i like elyos but thats just because I always tend to always like the light side rather than the dark side. Anyhow, majority will rule I suppose. Siel is still my vote then as far as server goes. Lag was a problem for me too and then I called my ISP and upgraded to 20Mbps as opposed to 5Mbps. Runs smooth as it could be. :] with asmodians having the advantage in pvp..it'd be cool to over take them with a disadvantaged light side IMO :D

Back