Aion Guild

Arkoutha

Hello all,

Aion is right around the corner and I have played the last several open beta's and the game looks very promising. So far, it looks like we have a few members on this forum who are willing to start a guild, so I will update this post with what server we will be on so we can start a guild. I am more then happy to start up the guild, but not to lead because of time restraints. I hope to see you all on the game!

It looks like a lot of the big guilds that already have Rank 3 Legions in the Beta are going to be on the Siel server.

Therfore, I will probably be playing Siel Server, Elyos Side.

I would probably be willing to start a TOJ guild as well, but only if enough people actually log in and play.
I don't want to be in another dead guild where you can't even get enough people to form a 5 man :(

As for leading, my last attempt at leading did not go so hot, so I would probably not be willing to lead either :)

Tribe of Judah's World of Warcraft Alliance guild, Redeemed, has three guild leaders who serve for set terms. While I don't own WoW (and can't play with Redeemed members), the setup seems to have worked well for them.

Even if we have someone willing to lead the guild until it gets off the ground, the first guild leader could pass the torch after the guild grows.

I am considering joining Aion..but only if I have a guild of players..cant stand quiet guild chats

I was thinking on jumping on Siel as well. I will be sure to let everyone know what server most of us will be playing on. At the very least, if we don't have a guild, we will have fellow christian players we can rely on.

open beta this weekend, send me a tell in game if you are on on. On the Siel Server and in game character is "Arkoutha"

its a closed beta right now, but you can put 5 dollars down at gamespot or your local game shop and they will give you a disc so that you will have a key code so you can play. It will take about 20 hours to download the game depending on your internet connection.

Now, I dont know alot, but my friend has been in beta for a while now..he states it is alot like a Free to Play MMO. A cross between a Free to Play and WoW to be exact. Is this true? I thought he was full of it, so I went to MMORPG website last night and here are a few comments as well..
"I got in the beta today played 1-11 and I must say wow was this game over hyped.

The graphics are too asian and look like they came from a free to play mmo rpg.

The combat is so boring and tedius I don't care to play any more

The music is nice.

The world is even more linear than AoC and I thought that wasn't possible.

The game just plays like most free to play mmos out there."

"i don't want to bash this game. and i hope it will be a success for those who like it.

but i can 100% agree with you. for me it feels like most other f2p asia games.

edit:

char customization ist ok (cox and aoc are better) but its ok. i think the best i have seen in any asia game"

"I'm also very underwhelmed with Aion. I like the character customization, and the animations and textures are good. Otherwise, it's a more linear version of Lineage 2 with some bog standard generic MMO quests tacked on, and feels like only a small step up from some of the better F2P games out there."

a few posts saying pretty much the same things..which kinda makes me worried about dropping more cash like i did with Age of Conan and War

he states it is alot like a Free to Play MMO. A cross between a Free to Play and WoW to be exact. Is this true?

I played the beta for awhile, and I agree for the most part, but I would not say WoW, I would say WAR...it is like a F2P Warhammer game with angels...except you MUST PVP after level 30...it isn't like WoW much at all actually...

Hmm coming from XionTawa guess I will stick with trusty EQ2 until Mortal or FF14 comes out or Star Wars

I have heard a lot of positive and negative things.

I doubt anyone who posted any of those comments you sited have played past level 25. I know XionTawa has not either.

Don't listen to all the negative garbage, I have been saying it for months, and will continue to say it:
Haters always Hate

Try the game out in open beta for yourself, see what you think.

I only played a toon to lvl 10ish a few times. So my experience is limited.

pro: The game is totally beautiful. The scenery and character models are just gorgeous. The game plays just as smooth. Its like butter really. The animations look great, the UI is well done and easy to customize. It is extremely bug free for a game like this. I never once got stuck on terrain or had a glitch. The character customization is one of the strongest out there, really. You can make a toon that looks just like yourself, if you spend enough time. I liked the skill combo design and the response of the moves. There were some neat cut scenes that move along the story.

con: You have to PvE for 20+ lvls before you even will know if you like your class in PvP. (Other then duels) The PvE content seems very generic and linear. I didn't feel like there were any options to lvl other then move down the road to the next quest hub and do them. No choices to make for the most part. I can tell I would be bored playing through the first 20 lvls again, so I sure hope I pick a PvP class I gel with.

I don't think the game is anything like WAR. Yeah I guess the end games both involve large scale PvP, but what MMO doesn't have that now. WAR has 100% PvP leveling and scenarios from lvl1. Aion you got nothing but quest/kill grind till you eventually make it to the Abyss. WAR has TONS of options to PvE level with 3 distinct racial pairings. Aion you get the exact same thing for every class. WAR is gritty, dark, and full of war. Aion is pretty and colorful with animations that look smooth.

It is more like WoW then WAR but even then you cant compare it to any one game. It is certainly better then most F2P games out there, however there are some awesome F2P games out and on the way. Its just another MMO doing nothing that special but doing it all very well and bug free. It has a ton of hype from being announced like 8 years ago or something ;)

OK that's it for now, kids screaming in background gotta run.

Last edited:
Every game will have pros and cons, thus far this is the very best game that I have played in beta that is polished and has great server stability. Found a great article from some devs and producers on this game. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/feature/3402/Aion-Associate-Producer-Interview.html. The whole dynamic of tactical flight and PVPVE is very original compared to most sandbox games. In saying that, yes - some boring grinding does happen in this game, but they do a nice job mixing it up with cut scenes. Plus, the moment that you get your wings - AWESOME!!!. Take care and god bless,

My wife and I are going to play Aion for sure. I really hope we can get into a Christian guild that is active and doesn't just die out. I googled Christian aion guild and got directed here, so thats a good start for recruiting other Christian aion players :) Please let me know any info I need to get involved with this guild once it starts.

Hope you all have a blessed day!

Back