25 Man Naxxaramus Run! (Proposed)

Apollux

With all the discussion around two Naxx groups (20 total raiders + ), I'd like to propose a once-a-month 25 man Naxx Guild run. Both groups right now have their 2nd night of Naxx scheduled for Monday. We could combine both teams once a month (first or last Monday of the month) and run a 25 man raid. This would be great fun and allow us all to see 25man content together and get much ePik l33t lewt!!! :D We would start with Spider and Military wing and by that time all should be familiar with the 10 man version of the fights.

Thoughts, ideas, concerns?

I would suggest a first run of Monday Feb 2nd. and will post that on GC maybe later today.

i think that before this even happens is that both groups get use to naxx, so I personally think feb 2nd is way to soon.

Meh.. I'd be up for a test run.. if we get 25 80s.. to see where our gear is..Might be fun.
Try out one of the easier bosses. I know we have at least 3 tanks geared for it, maybe 4..dunno.

Last edited:
I think both Rhys and Danny are right (how can that be?)

Rhys is right that we should get used to Naxx first, but Danny is right that we should try a couple of easier bosses that we are already (ready for this, Rhys) familiar with.

Therefore, Guilo is ready to die, I mean, er, uh, TANK 25-man Naxx and will keep his eye on GC.

Thx Bob.

Eric

i am willing to try I have done it on heroic with sga, and most of us know how we play but some will be new.

We need 5-6 healers and 3 tank sand another ot/dps. And then the rest dps and it will have to be geared.

i think that before this even happens is that both groups get use to naxx, so I personally think feb 2nd is way to soon.
Hey Rhys,
I understand what you mean and your concerns. If we run Feb 2nd, we won't do another 25 man until March 2nd. For me this is as much (if not more so) about getting 25 of us together for a run as it is the content. I love new l33t lewt, but like Jacki mentioned on another thread I enjoy the comraderie more.

I would love to participate, but it would have to be later in the evening for me as well. I know this cuts out some others form the early side, so you can't win them all.....

I would love to come, but my issue is that I have classes at 8 o'clock the next morning and have to wake up at 6. So that means me going to bed at about 9:30 server time. So later won't work for me.

I would be game for this because it sounds like fun.

I just wanted to comment that I really don't think that being wholly familiar with 10 man naxx is really needed. Maybe its just me, but the early raiding content this expansion is really easy. I've run naxx with a few different groups, and with little to no instruction I was able to pretty much figure out a fight.

There is huge amounts of information you can read up on with naxx, videos you can watch, even with a little instruction on the fights, it won't be that hard to pick up on them.

A once a month run would be a good way to get together as a guild and just have some fun.

My two cents,

Sean

I just wanted to comment that I really don't think that being wholly familiar with 10 man naxx is really needed.

It's not a need, just helpful. Gear is much more imporant and if you have it, (Heroics/badge/rep loot) (More so important to some classes then others) much of naxx is some what easy, but a few fights in there are not "easy" and require both gear and good team coordination/adaptation. 10 man you could probably get away with more blue geared ppl.. Heroic..I'm thinking mainly epics.. especially on tanks/healers. And at the very least.. everyone..should be specced efficently so they are pulling their fair share..and maximizing their contribution.

Instances are like learning to ride a bike.. takes more effort, more challenging to start, but eventually you learn it and it becomes easier and easier. (And some ppl need more time than others to get there)

I doubt we have 20-25 geared ppl, but regardless, I'm up for testing the waters just for fun..if we get at least 20 ppl. (But at the very least, please make sure your spec is maximized for your role).

Last edited:
Having been all the way through to KT on 25 man Naxx, I would agree that initially, the fights are no big deal. But some of the end fights ramp up in difficulty and gear requirements VERY quickly. The difference of KT on 10 vs 25 is huge. On 10 there is plenty of room to spread out, and very little interference from the different melee for example. On 25, there is little "wiggle" room, any melee doing the wrong thing can wipe all the melee, and the added effect of MC'ing 2 raid members periodically makes this a very challenging, yet enjoyable fight. The challenge of having 25 people not make a mistake on Thaddius is interesting as well. One slip up can wipe us. Then there are the fights where, regardless of you skill, you simply cannot pass without the correct gear level (Patchwork). 25 man raids is where Blizzard has actually started to make the content challenging again, which is a HUGE surprise to those who were able to blow off the rest of the content (Myself included).

Seems shockingly easy so far. (Spiderwing/patch/grob)
I guess the ratio of ppl to difficulty is in our favor.

Once you have the numbers, there is no reason to continue running two 10 mans, as everyone saw last night, 25 man is easier than 10 man for pretty much every fight.

We could easily get to a 2 night full clear of Naxx.

Once you have the numbers, there is no reason to continue running two 10 mans, as everyone saw last night, 25 man is easier than 10 man for pretty much every fight.

I agree. But getting 25 toons together from The Forgiven is an achievement in itself! :p

I must say that I had a TON of fun last night. We did very well for our first foray into 25 Man Naxx as a guild and without the slime wipes we would have gone much further. I'd enjoy running this again (of course) and as we discussed shooting for an every other week run might be reasonable. With the way we progressed last night starting in the Construct wing would be good and then maybe Plague? This would give us 2 - 3 shots at Tier gear as well. Thanks to all who came out and I look forward to the next Heroic Naxx incursion!!

Last edited:

This is true for most of the fights I think. I've been running H Naxx with Imperial Defenders for a few weeks now, and a few fights stand out to me so far as harder:
- Grobbulus: Same sized room, 2.5x the people. More poison clouds (I think he diseases more frequently in Heroic), and more people also means more slimes if he turns and sprays the raid.
- Thaddius: In normal mode Thaddius has 6 million hp. You have 10 to kill him with. In Heroic, Thaddius has 30 million hp, and you have 25 to kill him with. He has 5x the health, and you only have 2.5x the people. Proper stacking is essential. Additionally, because the fight is not very healing intensive, everyone, even healers, should be dpsing.
- Instructor: In Heroic, there are no crystals. You have to use priests to mind-control the understudies. This is not necessarily more difficult, just different, and does place constraints on your raid makeup.
- We haven't done Sapph or KT yet, but I know that KT is a lot harder in Heroic. Same sized room, 2.5x the people, and he has attacks that chain between players if they are too close together. He also mind-controls people, which he does not do in normal.

We 2 shotted Grob (probably would have 1 shotted, but an accidental taunt from an OT caused him to turn towards the raid and he sprayed half of us (tons of adds spawned and killed us) I believe he was around 3-5% at the time.

withthe dps we had lastnight we would not get thad down, 2 10 man groups are needed to get geared. everyone on thad must be doing well over 3k damage tanks need to be 2.5k and then there is the grouping, I was amazed we got patwerk down but the lighest dps was only 3k on him 4k plus should be easy. YOu guys wen to spider first thats simple wing goingot to MIl is the hardeest then cons, just caus eit seems easy doesnt mean it actually is. We do it right the place is easy the simpliest mistake is a wipe. Please dont be ocer confedent for this place we were that on 10 man for the progress run and we got owned and then everyone thought we better not do it or at least that what some people think. Heck I have geared for 25 man and not needing anything form 10 for a long time but I still go to help others get geared I think thats still what needss to be done.

Rhysj, I don't think we are overconfident. You are not alone in experience with 25 man. I would suggest at least 30% of the group has done 25 man more then once. I was pleasantly surprised at the dps. I can't (or won't) speak to the tanking or healing. It was pretty good. I know we had about 25% of the raid who never stepped into 25 man before.

We all need to ensure we are putting our best foot forward with proper enchants, pots, crafted/pvp pieces and best spec needed. If these are not done, all that happens is the burden falls on those who are better geared and equipped but there is a ceiling to that as well. Zenoir has mostly Heroic, crafted and bought pieces and had no issue providing his part to the dps. I see no reason this would not be true for others to put their best foot forward.

Please be sure to check out the "Be Imbalanced" site which has been spoken about in our forums but I found a sweet link over on our friends - Tribe of Judah's forums with a great write up (thanks brothers).

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26795&highlight=gear+rating+site

Back