Virgin Mary

apparenly it doesn't do that good of a job....all these people are proof
tounge.gif

pregnancy and STD's are risks of being permiscuis, however if spouses are faithful that shouldn't be a problem

The Bible says that marriage bed is undefiled, so what you want, don't withhold from your spouse.

Humans and few animals have sex for pleasure. There are also animals that do butt sex too, not sure what's up with that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Oct. 20 2003,5:24)]There are also animals that do butt sex too, not sure what's up with that
Well, one sees a rise in animal homosexuality when there is either an overpopulation or when there are no members of the opposite sex around.

Just out of curiosity...and speaking of anal sex...is that acceptable in marriage? I ask because that cannot produce children. Ever.

Also, what if being gay is indeed caused by a gene? Would that not indicate that God created some people to be gay?

well the marriage bed is undefiled so do what's mutual for both partners.

I don't believe homosexuality is genetic it's a choice. many people are bi, how is that genetic?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Oct. 20 2003,9:05)]I don't believe homosexuality is genetic it's a choice.  many people are bi, how is that genetic?
I wasn't saying that it was. Asking a what if question.
smile.gif

Still, the argument remains that pregnancy/reproduction can be seen as merely a byproduct of sexual intercourse. Many many animals use it for pleasure. Certainly you've seen dogs go around humping legs and what not. Deer chase does like idiots, literally oblivious to their surroundings. Do you think they're really just so hyped up on being a father? And don't get me started on the monkeys at the zoo...:;):

BigJ also raises a very good question regarding animal homosexuality. Whether it is genetic or not, I suppose we've yet to see, but if it is....

edit --> And I'd also like to point out that pleasure as well can be seen as merely a byproduct. Please notice that while it may seem as if I am approaching nihilism with this argument, I am only seeking to define "purpose".

I would define "purpose" as the primary goal/outcome for a procedure.

an example, the purpose of breathing is to get oxygen to your blood cells. Of course you get many other elements in through breathing, and you can get mind-altering drugs in through breathing, but it's purpose is to get oxygen to your blood cells.

The same with sex.  it's primary purpose is the continuance of the species.  Pleasure, STD's and the like are all secondary purposes that may or may not accompany sex

Big J's homo animals and Timor's dogs are all in unnatural environments.  The first is an imbalance in the male/female population, found in zoo's and in nature sometimes.  the latter is actually caused by frustration on the dog's part as he doesn't have a female around for release.  But to combat this annoying argument of 'well animals do it' animals are also very unlike humanity.  We have a will,  we can CONTROL ourselves.  Which is something that is often overlooked when dealing with the abstinence/hand-out condoms discussion.  To say that we should accept this sinful behaviour because they can't help it, is to say that they are no better than a dog.  To say they can't help it is to take away a fundamental aspect of humanity.

edit-->This concept applies to all sins, from adultrey to murder.

In Genesis, God commands Adam and Eve to "be fruitful and multiply". There's some purpose right there.

Sex is how we survive. If no one had sex, there would be no new humans, and the human race would die off.

On the other hand, sex must also be fun, and pleasurable, because if it wasn't no one would want it...it would be more of a chore...boring...

As for animals...for fun? not so sure about that. I think it's all just built in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Oct. 20 2003,9:05)]well the marriage bed is undefiled so do what's mutual for both partners.  

I don't believe homosexuality is genetic it's a choice.  many people are bi, how is that genetic?
Why shouldn't bi be any different from hetro or gay. The bi's that I've met think it's natural to them. They get flak from both sides (no pun intended). their hetro friends think the're odd and their gay friends think they're not accepting their homosexuality.

They themselves say f**k you. I like both.

Everything that exists under nature is natural by default. God has no say in the matter.

Pregnancy also may not, and often does not, result from sex.

It remains here unproven that reproduction is the primary purpose of sex. Furthermore, if purpose is the primary goal, could not pleasure be seen as the purpose, as determined by the couple?

I also reiterate that there are fluids in the woman's sexual organs that kills sperm, regardless of its efficiency.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (timor @ Oct. 21 2003,3:59)]It remains here unproven that reproduction is the primary purpose of sex.
Then what do you propose is the primary purpose of sex?

I propose that there is no purpose, only byproducts, just as evolution, in and of itself, has no "purpose"...but certainly it has results

or, as i said in my last post, perhaps the purpose is specified by the party engaging in it...i do not know...however, we are not actually investigating the purpose of sex and the different possibilities, but only whether there is one and, if there is, if it is reproduction

[b said:
Quote[/b] (timor @ Oct. 21 2003,4:36)]I propose that there is no purpose, only byproducts, just as evolution, in and of itself, has no "purpose"...but certainly it has results

or, as i said in my last post, perhaps the purpose is specified by the party engaging in it...i do not know...however, we are not actually investigating the purpose of sex and the different possibilities, but only whether there is one and, if there is, if it is reproduction
Well I don't know either but, food tastes great but eating has a natural purpose. Like wise, I think, sex feels good but has a natural purpose. I think the taste and feel of food and sex are just a natureal by product.

So, why not enjoy
biggrin.gif

When God creates somthing it has a purpose. There are two purposes of sex. One is reproduction as God did say be fruitfull and multiply. The other purpose would be a covenent between man and women. As I said in another post on here if I remember correctly science proves that it is a covenent sealed with blood.

We cannot pretend that even 1% of all the copulating going on is intended as obedience to God's Command to be fruitful and multiply -- unless I am underestimating the zeal of young teenage girls to get knocked up so that they can go on the welfare rolls.

Also, you cannot necessarily equate sexuality with what might have been the Original Procreative Apparatus of the Spiritual Adam and Eve, before The Curse utterly changed them. The Famous Catholic Seer, Anne Catherine Emmerich, said that Adam and Eve would have procreated enough New Souls to fill the gap created by the Fall of the Rebellious Angels and a short enough while, and without ever needing to physically touch one another -- Creation of New Beings would have been a sort of a mingling Imagination -- a conversation of possibilities in personality. Not monkeys thrusting about to bear out more monkeys.

But yes, even after The Curse, Souls were required. It was clear, though, that God's Command was more like an additional Curse. Afterall, do we have a choice about "multiplying" -- after breathing, hunger and thirst, the urge for sex is our strongest appetite. It is hardly in our way to ignore it. The Earth has never been in danger of de-populating. Certainly Man has never been so particular about obeying God's Commands in any other direction. But about multiplying Man has been quite assiduous. Now, we can equate population with poverty. There are ten bodies clamoring for any resource you could think of.

Now, we should remember that Revelations teaches us that Christ gives special honor in Heaven to the Virgins. Whenever He ventures from the Right Hand of God, Christ is accompanied by none other than The Virgins. Those who screwed a lot have as their reward their own self-satisfaction. But those who lived as Spirit even when they were in the Bodies of The Curse -- they have the Special and Exceptional Blessing of The Lord.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now, we should remember that Revelations teaches us that Christ gives special honor in Heaven to the Virgins.
I think I know what you are talking about. The term virgen meens spiritual cirgen somone who did not go into the occult or serve other gods. This statment may shock some of you but sex is holy so long as it is kept in the marrage bed.

Again, where are your references that Adam and Eve did not have physical bodies? And if they did not, when did they receive them. I can not find any scripture anywhere that even implies this, let alone actually says it happened.

As well as the term virgin is not found in any version of Revelations I have. It's just not there. Give me a reference for it or don't say it.

Spouting off offf-the-wall concepts is pointless UNLESS you have scripture to back it up.

The pleasure and purpose of sex has got nothing to do with the Christian God or any other ancient mythologies.

It is part of nature. Simple as that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dibbler @ Oct. 22 2003,9:08)]The pleasure and purpose of sex has got nothing to do with the Christian God or any other ancient mythologies.

Well that is what you think and you are entitled to think that. However this is a christian forum so most of us here will tell you that it is not that simple. Infact there is no such thing as nature. Unless you have set up nature as your deity?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 22 2003,8:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dibbler @ Oct. 22 2003,9:08)]The pleasure and purpose of sex has got nothing to do with the Christian God or any other ancient mythologies.

Well that is what you think and you are entitled to think that. However this is a christian forum so most of us here will tell you that it is not that simple. Infact there is no such thing as nature. Unless you have set up nature as your deity?
Nature can be observed and studied. Belief in nature requires no faith, it is self evident. Nature is a brute fact which requires no deities. It has nothing to do with what I or you think.

To deny nature is to close ones eyes, peg ones nose, put hands over ears and sing, lalalalalalal!

Nature is.

Back