Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• Other (explain)

• Total voters
i appoligize if i seem combative. i said i dont resent you and i dont. far from it i am merely trying to persuade you that living for god is better that living for yourself. in essence the reason i argue is not to embaress you or dog you but because i care about you and want to help. you i must emphsize though that anything that i might say, however much work i may put into it, only god can change your heart. it always the messege never the messenger. trust me there is nothing better than gods love and having a personal relationship with him. i hope you find it,

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How do you know that YOU are a "true christian"? What is the definition of a "true christian"?

gods word is the ultimate authority regarding our beliefs prettymuch any question such as the ones you raised can be answered by stuying the bible

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shadetaker @ Oct. 17 2004,7:36)]i appoligize if i seem combative. i said i dont resent you and i dont. far from it i am merely trying to persuade you that living for god is better that living for yourself. in essence the reason i argue is not to embaress you or dog you but because i care about you and want to help. you i must emphsize though that anything that i might say, however much work i may put into it, only god can change your heart. it always the messege never the messenger. trust me there is nothing better than gods love and having a personal relationship with him. i hope you find it,
I'm going to assume you haven't read many posts of mine and as such, don't know my background.

Suffice it to say that I do not actively refuse to believe in God. I do not believe in God because I do not see any reason to believe in Him. There is no proof or evidence that would lead me to believe in Him. That is why I do not believe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I see, so Christians can have completly opposing viewpoints and still be "right" in the eyes of God?

that depends, some areas are more negotiable than others

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I see, so Christians can have completly opposing viewpoints and still be "right" in the eyes of God?

Clarification. 'Right' isn't the correct use of words. But yes, that is true. There are many beliefs but we all still believe that Jesus died for us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rithkil @ Oct. 17 2004,7:43)]
[b said:

Clarification. 'Right' isn't the correct use of words. But yes, that is true. There are many beliefs but we all still believe that Jesus died for us.
If that's true, then why isn't there more unity between denominations instead of infighting?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Suffice it to say that I do not actively refuse to believe in God.  I do not believe in God because I do not see any reason to believe in Him.  There is no proof or evidence that would lead me to believe in Him.  That is why I do not believe.

well try looking for it. not to say that you haven't but you might try (if you havent already) going to church or perhaps gettin involed with ministries. i know at our church nonbelievers are always welcome. you may find it very rewarding.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shadetaker @ Oct. 17 2004,7:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Suffice it to say that I do not actively refuse to believe in God. I do not believe in God because I do not see any reason to believe in Him. There is no proof or evidence that would lead me to believe in Him. That is why I do not believe.

well try looking for it. not to say that you haven't but you might try (if you havent already) going to church or perhaps gettin involed with ministries. i know at our church nonbelievers are always welcome.
Been there, done that
smile.gif

I have decided to replace Faith for Logic and Reason.

I AM looking for it, actively seeking it. That's one of the reasons I am here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If that's true, then why isn't there more unity between denominations instead of infighting?

There is unity. Sure people have their personal beliefs about creation and such and they don't want to get rid of it. I'm sure athiests aren't one big happy family either. But Christians are all saved and have hope in Jesus and those other parts don't affect a thing about your salvation.

Well what about Protestants and Catholics, especially in the UK?

There doesn't seem to be much unity there, even if they are both Christians.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I AM looking for it, actively seeking it. That's one of the reasons I am here.

glad to hear it! i (and God) would love for you to find it!
but let me ask you is there a specific area that you have found god to be shall we say less than satisfactory there might be some one who couls help you with it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well what about Protestants and Catholics, especially in the UK?

i would say that to a large degree many of the churches in that area have split from their roots and replaced the desire to serve god with the desire to control the area.they have stooped to terrorism when they should be loving their fellow christains. its really quite sad and a poor reflection on the rest of us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shadetaker @ Oct. 17 2004,7:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I AM looking for it, actively seeking it. That's one of the reasons I am here.

glad to hear it! i (and God) would love for you to find it!
but let me ask you is there a specific area that you have found god to be shall we say less than satisfactory there might be some one who couls help you with it.
Yes there is.

Proof of His existence.

THE stumbling block for every atheist, agnostic and freethinker.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shadetaker @ Oct. 17 2004,8:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well what about Protestants and Catholics, especially in the UK?

i would say that to a large degree many of the churches in that area have split from their roots and replaced the desire to serve god with the desire to control the area.they have stooped to terrorism when they should be loving their fellow christains. its really quite sad and a poor reflection on the rest of us.
So how do you account for Christians like Byblos who detest Catholicism to the point of considering them non-Christians?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So how do you account for Christians like Byblos who detest Catholicism to the point of considering them non-Christians?

has he said that? i guess i missed it. well i would first of all remind byblos that we have to be careful about what we say. my personal beleif is that while there are certainly christians within teh catholic faith the majority of them are not. for instance lets tak ea look at catholic joe, he goes to church on easter and christmas and reads his bible and goes to confession. but in this case hes not a christian. he has yet to accest christ's sacrifice he reads his bible and goes to church not out of desire to know god but beacause he feels obligated to and no one can ask forgiveness for your sins but you. not all catholics are like this though. and we must love them and try to witness to them so that they may come to know god the way he was supposed to be known

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So how do you account for Christians like Byblos who detest Catholicism to the point of considering them non-Christians?

has he said that? i guess i missed it. well i would first of all remind byblos that we have to be careful about what we say. my personal beleif is that while there are certainly christians within teh catholic faith the majority of them are not. for instance lets tak ea look at catholic joe, he goes to church on easter and christmas and reads his bible and goes to confession. but in this case hes not a christian. he has yet to accest christ's sacrifice he reads his bible and goes to church not out of desire to know god but beacause he feels obligated to and no one can ask forgiveness for your sins but you. not all catholics are like this though. and we must love them and try to witness to them so that they may come to know god the way he was supposed to be known

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shadetaker @ Oct. 17 2004,8:19)]
[b said:

So even though they are following Christ wholeheartedly and with good intentions, they are in error?

Back