wotlk spec

i was testing on the test dummies in sw... what i did for ever test was have my cat dash in and right when he got there put up a hunter mark and just dps till the mark ran out.

the shot rotation i was using was serpent,arcane,multi steady chimera with auto shots going off kinda w/e... that could of been why the MM dps was a bit lower was because of the shot rotation. if it was let me know of a better one and ill test it out again

you wanna get chimera off first to get it on CD. its by far the hardest hitter now so you wanna get it off whenever its up. then i go for multi arcane and steady till something else is up.

hmm thats what i was doing as surv
ill redo the MM test a bit later

I didn't armory you so I dont know how your gear compares to mine but 1000 dps seems to be low for surv. Ive been running in the 1100-1200 range. L&L spikes will push me to 1200 otherwise I tend to hover closer to 1100 more. Your results are typical of what most hunters have found though, and that is that Surv is averaging 200 dps lower than MM and BM atm.

im about equally geared with boimli.. i mite have a peice or 2 better but i think we are pretty equal last time i checked
if you want to armory me its galatians not galatian... mite be easier that way

gala unless a meteor strikes me down dead tonight i should be at the raid. we get to compair at last!

Ok I checked and your Armory and all 3 of you are generally at a lower gear level than I am which is probably the dps difference between us. You seem mostly in the T4-T5 range while Im at T5-T6. Being survival I had to find alternate routes to maximise my dps since most hunter raid gear was hardly optimized for Surv at the T4 level, as Im sure Boimli cqan testify. I pretty much bypassed T4 and jumped right into T5 going after badge items and pvp arena gear. Many of the arena pieces were particularly good for Survival hunters pre 3.0 since +hit was far lower concern then than it is now for Surv.

yeah well we are just getting int o t5-56 stuff so that is part of it to

hopefully we wont take as long to get into endgame stuff durring this next expantion. i'm honestly kinda pissed that we never made it to the sunwell or didnt do alot more t5/6 content when we should have been.

yeah i know i agree. i mean i know bt was nerfed but come on if we could do those 3 bosses that easy and the first 3 bosses in hyjal... at some points i was tempted to leave.. hopefully wotlk will be better

Wotlk should make it easier for guilds to see more content with every raid dungeon having both a 10 man and 25 man (heroic) option to it. We have had a tough time on numerous weeks to get a full 25 man run together (particularly with people who are geared for it), and are already setting up alternate plans to have 1 or 2 high progression teams in LK should it prove as tough to get people together for the 25 man versions. You guys could try a similiar battle plan to allow those who want to see more endgame content the opertunity to do so.

My gear is in the T5-6 range not because we are ahead of you in terms of progression (we are actually about tied) its because I went after alternative sources other than straight raid gear. Most of my higher end items are because of badges and arena epics not straight raid drops. My luck is actually pretty atrocious in terms of seeing drops I want. Im not even looking to get it anymore but neither of my hunters have seen the Pheonix bow drop off Prince in Kara yet and I have 2 toons well over exalted and 1 at revered.

Wotlk should make it easier for guilds to see more content with every raid dungeon having both a 10 man and 25 man (heroic) option to it. We have had a tough time on numerous weeks to get a full 25 man run together (particularly with people who are geared for it), and are already setting up alternate plans to have 1 or 2 high progression teams in LK should it prove as tough to get people together for the 25 man versions. You guys could try a similiar battle plan to allow those who want to see more endgame content the opertunity to do so.

My gear is in the T5-6 range not because we are ahead of you in terms of progression (we are actually about tied) its because I went after alternative sources other than straight raid gear. Most of my higher end items are because of badges and arena epics not straight raid drops. My luck is actually pretty atrocious in terms of seeing drops I want. Im not even looking to get it anymore but neither of my hunters have seen the Pheonix bow drop off Prince in Kara yet and I have 2 toons well over exalted and 1 at revered.

when i first got to 70 and was running we wernt able to get to prince in one night so they leaders called it for another night. when they went to clear it i wasnt able to go and that bow dropped and a rogue got it :-( he didnt stop rubbing it in my face for weeks after that.

o the same thing happened to me... i didnt get that stupid bow till after i got my badge cbow.. it refused to drop
and that was with me bein exalted forever

wow elitist jerks is one of the dummest sites lol
i love teh content but i went and posted asking a question and got a warning that i will be banned if i post again using bad grammer....

wow elitist jerks is one of the dummest sites lol
i love teh content but i went and posted asking a question and got a warning that i will be banned if i post again using bad grammer....

Well the site is called Elitist Jerks you should expct high standards.:D Seriously though I looked at some of the posts about hunters in the LK beta and some of the nerfs they did to Surv. The posters were saying they would get warned and might even get banned for those posts, which they admitted was more whinning than anything constructive. EJ seems to want to keep an extremely tight riegn on their forums to make sure that they stay constructive and dont turn into what the WoW forums are which is basically a whine and bash fest by most players. Id say a warning for bad grammer is excessive but I do understand the principals of why they have the rules they do. They are strict enough though that I dont post there and am just willing to read all they have to offer.

Last edited:
haha yeah i mean tehy said the issue with it was being i didnt cap the first word in 2 sentences.. i was about to be like ok what about the ppl that posted that english isn't their first languange?
all i asked was if anyone was noticing that when they did dps tests pre patch if their pets dps was the same... cause right after 3.03 i went and tested my kitty and he was actually doing 5 more dps then he did at 3.02 but then last night at za my dps was down in the 1100 which made me really wonder whats going on.

Whats probably happening was that if you were testing on the target dummies in places like IF or SW than you were probably testing on the ones that have no armor. I know there are some with no armor and some with boss level armor. Other than the obvious one that is designated with the ???? as a raid boss Im not positive as to which ones have the armor and which dont. Testing on a nonarmored dummy will definately raise your dps over what you will encounter in a raid fight. Also even the most static boss fights generally require more movement than a test dummy does which will lower your dps also.

well i think i was just having an off night.. the group wasn't the best.. ill see tonight though... because i just did some aspect of the beast/hawk tests and my dps with hawk was round 1318 so its a bit lower then before... tonight hopefully will help me figure it out

Oh another hunter in my guild found an addon that is great if you have picked up the talent Imp Tracking. Constantly having to switch tracking modes whenever you switch targets is a royal pain, particularly in a group situation like SSC where you can have beasts, humanoids, and/or demons all in the same pull. This little addon switches your tracking to whatever you are targeting. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/autotrack.aspx

Last edited:
Back