• Democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ July 09 2004,2:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Comrade Zephin @ July 09 2004,1:41)]The movie was more than biased, it was edited to make Bush look worse.

Moore is a moron.
Well of course it was edited to make Bush look worse.  Sometimes they didn't have to try to hard tho..  I think Moore stretched the truth a lot, but he wasn't lying about anything.
Read this, and tell me Michael Moore does not lie.

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

Deception, trickery, and "twisting the truth" are all lying. They lead others to believe things that are flat out untrue.

Michael Moore is a media mogul. But nothing more. He is not a political pundit, nor a documentarist. He's a soapbox for an extremist leftist movement which also happens to be depraved enough to disregard integrity in efforts to get Bush out of office.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Comrade Zephin @ July 09 2004,8:43)]Marx left plenty of room for the modification of his ideas. True Communism can never work, democratic Communism can, however.
Communism fails where the human soul begins.

We are not pure beings - not one of us is clean, hence why we need Christ. Communism depends on personal honor and integrity, and while many will adhere, there will always be those who give in.

Hence, Communism could work in either: small scale communities, where personal accountability is at a maximum, or in a society where greed is nonexistant.

However, it does not. "Democratic communism" has already been demonstrated in Animal Farm, and "republican communism" (representatives to support the communism) will degrade into oligarchy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ July 07 2004,10:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JoBlow @ July 07 2004,8:06)]I'm a pro choice fan. I don't think I'll personally would never want to use abortion ever (I probobly should never say never). But I think everyone should have a choice if thay want to use it or not.
Abortion is an extremely tricky issue..  On the one hand, you're right, women should be able to choose, but on the other hand, they shouldn't be allowed to kill an unborn baby--especially during the later stages of developement.  Of course, if we ban abortion, we in reality would only be banning legal abortion, sanitary abortion.  It would hurt the poor minorities like the blacks and hispanics the most, who would likely resort to using coathangers and such methods, which could potentially cause more problems.  But in the end..I think I lean towards the ban on abortion..because it's not fair to the unborn babies that they are being killed under sponsorship of our government.  There is no easy answer to this issue, however...we'll be seeing it again and again for years to come.
The big issue with abortion now isn't the woman's choice - it's just a big name card that is played, but means little.

The issue now is the question of when a baby is considered alive. However, since we cannot prove it, it would seem logical to give the baby the benefit of the doubt, and until we prove it is not alive at X point, then do not abort (kill) it at point X. This mentality is essentially the same as "innocent until proven guilty" - i.e. "alive until proven unsentient". However, the "me me me" mentality that the femenist movement has taken has prompted the propaganda of guilty until proven innocent.

That's my stance on why abortion should not be allowed.

Also, your argument on the potential ramifications of illegalizing abortions is invalid. Essentially what you are saying is "if we make it a law, people will break it, so let's just not make it a law". The solution for a problem is not to condone it (implicitly or otherwise), but to staunch it as best as one can.

Also, low-income brackets are hard-pressed to afford abortions anyways. They're expensive, and frankly, that part isn't too popular with the welfare recipients, single mothers, and ghetto residents.

Also, is a baby in the third trimester more of a human than a baby in the first trimester? Does a newborn have less worth as a person than the adult who bore it? Once fertilization occurs, a new organism has formed, regardless of how "advanced" it is.

Communism doesn't call for perfect good, it calls for the liberation of the proletariat
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aduro Amnis @ Aug. 04 2004,9:51)]Communism doesn't call for perfect good, it calls for the liberation of the proletariat
blues.gif
The successful operation of a communist system depends on humans being perfectly honest.

Back