• Republican

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • Democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr.Bill

I'm just curious about you alls' political stances. If this has already been done..I'm sorry, you can delete I guess if that's the case.

there are a few things with bush i would change but ya know he's done a better job than gore coulda have done in this period of history and bush cant please everyone so im staying republican

dunno, there are things I completly disagree with on both parties. However, I think that for the most part liberalism is a very bad thing. I'm sticking with conservative.

Cory

What's wrong with liberalism?

1) liberalism says there's no such thing as personal responsiblity.  According to liberals, whenver something goes wrong, it's the fault of big business, and the government should be there to pick you up.

2) liberalism says there's no such thing as equality for everyone.  According to liberals, if you're a minority, you need special privelages to get ahead in life.

3) liberalism says that the rights of the self overcomes the good of the children and the family.  Through programs designed to destory marriage and the family, encourage easy divorces, the exterme liberal version of feminism. liberals have spent the past 30 years telling people that it's ok to get a divorce, and forget the fact that it has left a generation emotional and spiritual scarred as a result.

4) liberalism says that if you succeed on your own, then you've done something wrong.  this touches affirmitive action as well as the tax code.  AA because, AA says that some people need help, and cant' do it themselves, and the tax code because the top  5% of earners in this country pay nearly 40% of the taxes.  the top 50% of wage earners pay nearly 97% of taxes.  

5) Liberalism encourages government sponsered theft.  What do you call it, when you take something from me, and give it to someone else?  Theft.  No matter how much of a hero Robin Hood was, he was still a theif.  Yet this is what the government does on a daily basis.  50% of americans are supporting a huge percentage of our population through government sponsered theft (more commonly called welfare programs).

6) Liberalism says that we like the constitution, as long as we get to pick the parts we want.  Ignoring such things as what the judicial branch is supposed to do, and trying their best to destroy the second amendment is just two examples of liberals ignoring and/or shredding the Constitution.  

7) encouragment of activist judges.  This is such a despicable action on liberal parts it needs to be mentioned twice.   Whenever liberals can't get a law enacted, OR they discover a law they don't particularrly like (even if enacted by a majority vote of the populace of a state) they have judges either create new law or overturn laws.  There really isn't a part in the Constitution that gives judges this power.  It's something they've taken upon themselves.

is that enough?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ July 06 2004,7:30)]
Well, honestly Kidan, I am ill equiped to adequately retort your attack on liberalism, as I only make it my business to know everything about a few issues that I personally care about. I'm fairly moderate for a liberal anyway..for instance, I'm against abortion and affirmative action. I do disagree with you on quite a few of your points, but I don't really feel like of insinuating an arguement that, honestly, I'll probably lose due to my lack of knowledge. Ohhf..I really should do some research...so behind. Well anyways, perhaps we'll continue this later...

As an official old goat who is fairly conservative and comes from a very liberal (sisters are dang near leftist and mother is a screeching feminist and non chrisitan to boot, source of continuing arguments) family I would have to say Kidan nails it pretty good.

Aheh..well..I dunno Maddmedic, I read your cantidate's acceptance speech..and..whoooo..that's some pretty darn rightist thinking you got thar. If that's your party, I'd say you're more than just 'fairly' conservative. I prefer to straddle the line, take the best from both worlds..I don't think either side has it quite right.

I agree with Mr. Bill, Maddmedic, the constitution party is very right wing, to a scary edgy sort of way.  But, that is as far I as I agree with Mr. Bill.  I've read alot of the policies, and I can't say that I necessarily disagree with any of them.  And that is an even scarier thought.  Even the policies regarding NATO or the trade agreements, and I am Canadian, who does rely on my neighbours to the South.

Contemplating on the coming 1,000 year reign of our Lord, I also come to a scary realization that although this party is rigid, Jesus will be even more so.  And I know I can live under Jesus Kingship.  The only issue I have with people being so, uhm, stubborn in these types of policies, is that the type of power they are suggesting going back to is very easily corruptable in mans hands.

That all being said, of what I know of American politics, which is quite a bit actually, If I were to vote in your upcoming Presidential election, I would most certainly be leaning towards the constitution party.

Scary is a good word to describe them.. Their cantidate sounds more like a priest than a president. Hmm.

I read Time Magazine, watch CNN, listen to electronic music, drive a Volkswagen, aaaaand....

I'm a republican.

Most people are suprised, given the demographic I fall in. I agree with about 85%-90% of the Republican platform.

I don't like welfare-- if anybody has paid attention to history, they would know that Communism, even in small doses, is generally a very bad thing. (Yes, welfare is a limited form of Communism. Anyone who says otherwise is probably un-/mis- informed.)

I don't like abortion-- Anyone who says it doesn't kill someone who didn't do anything wrong is being manipulative, manipulated, or trying to lie to themselves or others.

However, I do believe in more environmental protection than what the Republicans generally offer.

I don't like third parties, even if I agree with a third party more than the Republicans. I would rather help get 90% of my beliefs into office than represent 100% of my beliefs and accomplish nothing.

As a rule, I don't discuss politics, because it leads to too much strife. I will state my position this time, but I will not debate. Toes get stepped on, people get offended.

I don't really like welfare because people take advantadeo f it. I'm not sure how it is in america but if they make it so that u can be on it for a 3 month period, just to help u until u find another job. I think that would work.

I'm a pro choice fan. I don't think I'll personally would never want to use abortion ever (I probobly should never say never). But I think everyone should have a choice if thay want to use it or not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JoBlow @ July 07 2004,8:06)]I'm a pro choice fan. I don't think I'll personally would never want to use abortion ever (I probobly should never say never). But I think everyone should have a choice if thay want to use it or not.
Abortion is an extremely tricky issue.. On the one hand, you're right, women should be able to choose, but on the other hand, they shouldn't be allowed to kill an unborn baby--especially during the later stages of developement. Of course, if we ban abortion, we in reality would only be banning legal abortion, sanitary abortion. It would hurt the poor minorities like the blacks and hispanics the most, who would likely resort to using coathangers and such methods, which could potentially cause more problems. But in the end..I think I lean towards the ban on abortion..because it's not fair to the unborn babies that they are being killed under sponsorship of our government. There is no easy answer to this issue, however...we'll be seeing it again and again for years to come.

I don't like siding with parties and such.. so i stay neutral. But i'm more bent towards liberalism.
wow.gif

How does banning abortion affect the black and hispanic minorities more than others. I think it would affect everyone equally.

Coathanger ouch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JoBlow @ July 07 2004,8:06)]How does banning abortion affect the black and hispanic minorities more than others. I think it would affect everyone equally.

Coathanger ouch.
Welllll...the people lower on the socioeconomic scale generally have more pre-marital intercourse and more pregnancies...so banning abortions would hurt them the most, having the most need for the service. And yeah...you can imagine the damage a dirty coathanger could do to a woman..

Back