[Weekly - W] Now Playing

Still Puzzle & Dragons, though not as much.

As planned, I picked Ys VIII back up and I think I might be nearing the game's end? Maybe?

I finished the main story of Death's Door on Thursday and started on post-game exploration. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but would have enjoyed it much more if it had had a map system.

My middle child has been practicing in time trials on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and I managed to sneak in a few races with her recently.

Hoping to play some Deep Rock Galactic with CGA folks in the near future.

Still Puzzle & Dragons, though barely lately.

I completed Death's Door's post-game in early August. I think I enjoyed the post-game more than the main game in some ways.

I've paused progression in Ys VIII in favor of trying to finish Yakuza 6 before my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription ends in mid-September.

I still play Team Fortress 2 on the Tribe of Judah TF2 server nearly every Tuesday night. (Game nights start at 8:30 p.m. Central!)

I was able to play a few missions of Deep Rock Galactic since my last post, but not as many as I'd like! I'm hoping that I can play more DRG after kids start school and we settle into a routine.

For personal gaming, mostly been playing Crusader Kings 2 and Medieval Dynasty.

For the family gaming project, picked up Minecraft, Northgard, and RPG Maker so far to evaluate how likely and enthusiastic other members of the family (ranging from 4 to 70, so this could be quite a challenge) would be to learn and play them.

My 22-year-old son really wants the family to play Minecraft with him - which is what started this project in the first place, because I think kids in their teens and 20s who actually want to do family stuff of their own volition is such a rare and important thing that it should be highly prioritized - and Minecraft certainly seems like it has a lot of long-term potential for fun and creativity, but unless I'm missing something somewhere, learning how to play seems like an arduous task of having to do a lot of outside research to learn what all the blocks are and how they work. Just running around exploring the world doesn't seem to convey much information about what you can do with it. So I'm also considering looking into Cube Creator X, which looks like a version of Minecraft for younger children, to see if may be an easier way of learning the basic mechanics in more newbie-friendly setting.

I been playing Halo Infinite, used to play COD WW2 a lot, hesitant to play Overwatch 2 unless I have at least 1 other Christian to game with, I started it but I want to feel safe spiritually with another Christian. My discord is Helper175737#5777 message me if you want to game I'm willing to try another game depending on what is in

I been playing Halo Infinite, used to play COD WW2 a lot, hesitant to play Overwatch 2 unless I have at least 1 other Christian to game with, I started it but I want to feel safe spiritually with another Christian. My discord is Helper175737#5777 message me if you want to game I'm willing to try another game depending on what is in

Welcome Helper! It's good to meet you.

There is a dedicated post for Overwatch players here: https://cgalliance.org/forums/threads/overwatch-players-list.50897/#post-497485

And I think there's a regular gaming night for Team Fortress 2 that @Tek7 or @The Mighty Gerbil could give you more details about if you'd be interested.

And we have a Discord group where most of the socializing and informal game organizing happens here: https://cgalliance.org/forums/threads/christian-gamers-alliance-discord-server.50864/

Welcome Helper! It's good to meet you.

There is a dedicated post for Overwatch players here: https://cgalliance.org/forums/threads/overwatch-players-list.50897/#post-497485

And I think there's a regular gaming night for Team Fortress 2 that @Tek7 or @The Mighty Gerbil could give you more details about if you'd be interested.

And we have a Discord group where most of the socializing and informal game organizing happens here: https://cgalliance.org/forums/threads/christian-gamers-alliance-discord-server.50864/
thanks, the overwatch thread is pretty old but i posted on there already.

thanks, the overwatch thread is pretty old but i posted on there already.
I checked the Overwatch thread and didn't see your reply. I also checked the moderator queue and didn't see any pending posts. Would you mind trying to post in the Overwatch Players List thread again? It should appear publicly immediately since your forums account is approved now.

Personal gaming on the PC continues to be Crusader Kings 2 and Medieval Dynasty.

Also pretty tempted to pick up the "Fighting Farmers" bundle currently on sale at Humble Bundle, but haven't committed to it yet.

Family gaming on the Switch is currently Concordia, Farm Together, and KeyWe, after picking them up from Christmas sales.

And picked up all the DLC for Switch's version of RPG Maker, with a goal to get some kind of game published with it sometime this year. PC versions of RPG Maker are quite a bit better than the Nintendo versions, so that's not a route I'd recommend for most people to invest a whole lot in (though the base game maker itself sometimes goes on sale for as low as $15 that I've seen, which is pretty reasonable), but the Nintendo publishing space offers a lot more privacy and safety than publishing something for the PC over the open internet does.

Family gaming on the Switch is currently Concordia, Farm Together, and KeyWe, after picking them up from Christmas sales.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on KeyWe after you've played a few sessions with family. I saw the trailer for the game before launch and considered picking it up during Christmas sales, but I needed to keep non-essential expenses to an absolute minimum in December.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on KeyWe after you've played a few sessions with family. I saw the trailer for the game before launch and considered picking it up during Christmas sales, but I needed to keep non-essential expenses to an absolute minimum in December.

So far it's really exceeded expectations and does a superb job of being fun and accessible for both the younger and older ends of the family spectrum, which is a huge accomplishment. However, I'm not sure yet how much longevity it will have compared to other games that might not be quite as good but have more long-term replayability, and it's only two-person co-op which is great for one-on-one time with family members but maybe not so great for whole family settings. So while I definitely think it's worth the cost on its own merits, if you're on a limited budget I'm not sure if it's the best choice over other options if you're looking for a lot of long-term value.

Still Puzzle & Dragons, though not as much.

Resumed my playthrough of Ys VIII. I love that Falcom chose smaller stakes for the game and focused on building likeable characters and a world that's fun to explore rather than following the "start by killing ten rats and end the game by killing a god and saving the world" formula (sorry, Final Fantasy and Xeno franchise fans).

Still Team Fortress 2 on Tribe of Judah's Tuesday game nights (starting at 8:30 p.m. Central!) with ToJ TF2 server regulars. :3

Hoping to get some more time in with Deep Rock Galactic soon to finish an assignment before the end of Season 3.

Back