[Weekly - W] Now Playing

On the mobile side:

Still playing Puzzle & Dragons. Recently updated my PAD blog with recent dungeon clears and advances: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...a-sometimes-average-non-iap-pad-player.68624/

Still playing Monster Strike on occasion, but mostly just logging in to collect my daily goodies. I still play MS with my older daughter and my wife now and then.

I installed Hearthstone and Vainglory on my Nexus 6 (by the way, I got a new phone in late December; did I mention that?) but I haven't played a multiplayer game of either yet on my phone.

I'm also playing Angry Birds 2 until I either get bored with it or the levels become arbitrarily difficult in an effort to squeeze me to spend real money on in-game power-ups (which, of course, I'll refuse to do).

And for PC:

Ive been playing Just Cause 3 when I can sneak in game time after the children have gone to bed. Got JC3 as a Christmas gift from @Elihu (thank you again!) and I'm LOVING it. The Just Cause games are what I always wanted the GTA games (well, GTA3 and later) to be.

I started Transistor recently and really enjoyed the first level/act but my game time is so limited and, though I loudly and proudly advocate for games with less violence and more thinking, even I can't resist the charm of blowing up everything red in Just Cause 3. Once I finish JC3, I plan to start fresh with Transistor (I'm not that far in right now) and play it through.

I also started playing Gurumin and Oceanhorn, but, unlike JC3 and Transistor, I can play those games in front of my daughters. It's rare that I get to play games while both my daughters are awake, but those are my current top 2 picks (at least, on PC) for those very, very few opportunities.

And, of course, I still try to play in ToJ's weekly Team Fortress 2 game nights (every Tuesday night starting at 8:30 p.m. Central! Come join us at 64.74.97.17:27015). Our server isn't as active as it was a few years ago, but TF2 is going to be 9 years old this October.

Yesterday I finished Tales of the Abyss and will be starting Fire Emblem: Awakening the next time I turn on my 3DS. Fire Emblem Fates comes out on the 19th, and I'm not sure if I'll get it/them. Not one, not two, but three different games? That just screams price-gouging to me....

I do think I'll be getting Minecraft: Pocket Edition, probably next week, but it'll depend on if/when I can find a store that sells Windows Store cards.

I kept starting this post yesterday and I kept getting distracted. Time to try again. :)

So I'm still playing Puzzle & Dragons. No real surprise there. I've had more ups than downs recently and I've been enjoying playing some new-ish teams.

I still play Monster Strike occasionally. My interest was rekindled (somewhat) when I landed Lucy, one of the most desired monsters in the game, on a single pull from the hatcher earlier this month.

I'm still playing Pokemon Shuffle as well. It's a fun little distraction in short bursts.

I've been meaning to get back to Bravely Default and New Super Mario Bros. 2, but it's been hard to find time to play anything on my 3DS (or the Wii U or the PS3 or the PC or anything other than mobile). Someday!

I did get to play in this week's TF2sday event on the ToJ TF2 server. Much fun!

So, yes, almost all my gaming time is on mobile now, in large part because it's much easier to play a mobile game for a few minutes than fire up a console or Steam or grab the 3DS and set aside time specifically for gaming.

With the wife and renters we have been doing heroes of the storm pretty consistently and I just beat legacy of the void campaign.

I beat black flag last month and was a bit under whelmed.

I still have ode to the unborn star that I need to play, 20XX has been super fun too

In the time since GTAV, I've had a hard time really picking a game and running with it due to various constraints. Wanting to pick up a Vita soon so I can start in earnest on my PSone backlog. That said, I've been consistent in playing Guilty Gear Xrd with my fantastic fighting game controller from Hori (Fighting Commander 4, native PS3/PS4 support). Seriously my favorite fighting game around. My wife and I, now that she has a computer that works again, have been playing a good bit of Diablo 3. We'll probably cap our seasonal heroes tonight (we're sitting one level shy right now).

Forcing myself to stick to games to completion (if they're that kind of game) right now, and Final Fantasy XIII is my slow-going game of choice for that, too, though I don't think I've played it in upwards of two weeks. lulz

With the wife and renters we have been doing heroes of the storm pretty consistently and I just beat legacy of the void campaign.
Waitwaitwait, when did Legacy of the Void release?

*checks Google*

NOVEMBER 10

HOW DID I MISS THIS

*creates camelcamelcamel.com price watch*

(Sorry, not paying $40 for an expansion pack, not even for StarCraft II.)

Wanting to pick up a Vita soon so I can start in earnest on my PSone backlog.
I still have moments where I get a sudden urge to buy a Vita. Then I remember it uses proprietary memory and that promptly squelches the desire. This is a cycle that has repeated many times since the Vita was first announced (and the reason I own a 3DS instead of a Vita). 'Tis a shame, too, because it looks like a fantastic piece of gaming hardware.

I shouldn't be spending money on more consoles or handhelds right now, anyway. I have a backlog that spreads across multiple platforms. I don't need another.

That said, I've been consistent in playing Guilty Gear Xrd with my fantastic fighting game controller from Hori (Fighting Commander 4, native PS3/PS4 support).
Does it work with PC?

I still <3 my FightStick, but I wish it had a wider base. I replaced the stick and buttons (yay Sanwa buttons) so it's the same under the hood as the FightStick TE.

Forcing myself to stick to games to completion (if they're that kind of game) right now, and Final Fantasy XIII is my slow-going game of choice for that, too, though I don't think I've played it in upwards of two weeks. lulz
Quick! Get back to running down one pretty corridor after another!

Just kiddin'. I've never played FFXIII. (But I hear it's pretty much running down one pretty corridor after another.)

I shouldn't be spending money on more consoles or handhelds right now, anyway. I have a backlog that spreads across multiple platforms. I don't need another.
Perhaps it's ironic that backlog is the number one reason I want a Vita. I have a hearty backlog of PSone games that I've never played (or at least to completion), including a wealth of Final Fantasy and the much-desired-but-still-barely-played Chrono Cross. Would enable me to get said gaming in when playing on my PS3 isn't viable.

Does it work with PC?
Definitely. Plays like a charm in KoF13. It's the pad, though, lest anyone think it's a stick. But my goodness is it a beautiful pad.

Quick! Get back to running down one pretty corridor after another!

Just kiddin'. I've never played FFXIII. (But I hear it's pretty much running down one pretty corridor after another.)
For the first...20 hours? Then you hit major open space. Not really unlike how I remember FFX working out, and FFX is a standing favorite. But totally a fair statement. lol It's more the locking of mechanics than the locking of exploration that irks me as it holds your hand the whole way to that big "AND NOW THE GAME IS OPEN TO YOU" shift. haha

Waitwaitwait, when did Legacy of the Void release?

*checks Google*

NOVEMBER 10

HOW DID I MISS THIS

*creates camelcamelcamel.com price watch*

(Sorry, not paying $40 for an expansion pack, not even for StarCraft II.)
I didt either. My friend who works at blizzard sent me a copy :D

I didt either. My friend who works at blizzard sent me a copy :D
It's nice to have connections!

If and when Legacy of the Void goes on sale for $20 or less, I'll buy it. Until then, I'll stick to my extensive backlog of games.

It's Wednesday!

Haven't gamed a lot in the last week, but I'm gearing up for my Steam Link with controller-supported games. Played a little of the Crew and just updated Marvel Heroes 2016 (if only Blizzard would release controller support for Diablo PC--MH is really good now, though, so it ain't all bad). I also picked up Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years with trade-in credit while Gamestop had them ~70% off. Exceedingly excited about that. My favorite cast in the series (at least of what I've played), but I've never finished it, much less its sequel, or its graphical (with voice acting?!) overhaul.

Harfstone
Final Fantasy Record Keeper
DIablo III and the occasional Grim Dawn
Way too much Civilization V. But that tends to be testing, not playing. I haven't finished a game in 2 years.

Lately, I've played Guilty Gear Xrd (best there is, period; get on it @Tek7 ...or wait for Revelator to come in June) and Diablo. Friend just sold me his PSP, so I'll be hitting up my nice PSone collection once it gets here, probably starting with Chrono Cross. :D

curious to know your thoughts on chrono cross. I was super bored with it. but i did like the ability to run from bosses.

I'm still playing Puzzle & Dragons and Monster Strike.

And trying to pick up where I left off in Bravely Default. With limited success.

And that's about it.

curious to know your thoughts on chrono cross. I was super bored with it. but i did like the ability to run from bosses.
Will do. I like what I've played of it, and I love what I've heard of it. "Time's Scar" is so very good.

PSP is here, so I've been playing it more than anything. Admittedly, I've been dabbling more than investing as I have quite the back catalog for the system, but I have been playing Chrono Cross, and I love it. Still early on, but its mechanics are very cool.

Oh, and I splurged $8 total on Amazon for new copies of Hot Shots Golf and Tennis, because I love me some GBA Mario Golf/Tennis, and the similarities (including light RPG elements) sounded too good to pass up. :D

...and I have Tekken 6 in my catalog, and Dissidia, both of which have been great fun. I love Tekken (any excuse I have to play a character allowing pro wrestling moves--looking at you, King--is good by me), but I'm so impressed by the depth of Dissidia in combat and at large. I played through the whole story before, but I didn't remember it being even has as impressive as it is. I'll probably buy Duodecim at some point.

Last edited:
Puzzle & Dragons.

And Monster Strike.

:(

But what I want to be playing is PC and console and handheld games.

A little late, but I've still been playing Diablo in what time I've made for PC gaming. I've been getting into Tekken 6 on my PSP, as well as Hot Shots Golf and Hot Shots Tennis on that same platform. All of which are great. Haven't played much Chrono Cross this week, but I love it.

Started playing Hearthstone again yesterday so I could play with my wife. I like it a lot, but (despite putting a little money into it even in beta) I haven't played much at all since Goblins and Gnomes first came out. I've a lot of work ahead of me to get even a little caught up.

Outside the video game world, I played some Magic the Gathering with friends who also took and passed the oral comp this week. I forgot how much I love MtG. Thinking I'll give the new Magic Duels a go and see if it's worth the time sink, or if I should just reinstalled MTGO and throw a couple bucks at it every now and then to build new pauper decks. haha

Still Puzzle & Dragons, Monster Strike, and Pokemon Shuffle on mobile.

I've made it as far as the next boss fight in Chapter 2 of Bravely Default, but I have this sinking feeling I'm about to get annihilated. We'll see.

I want to get back to Just Cause 3 soon, but I have to wait until after the kiddos are in bed before playing.

In related news, I read that Yakuza 5 is on sale on PSN right now, so I may have a new game to play soon. Yes, I know my backlog is crazy long, but I can not resist the siren call of a brand new (to me) Yakuza game to dive in to. :D

Yeah... still a lot of heroes of the storm. We play it every monday night for family night.

doin some dailies in GW2 too.

I have a backlog of Ode to the Unborn Star for ps3 and a few steam games but I'm trying not to start anything I know that I cant finish right now.

Back