[Weekly - W] Now Playing

I live!

I'm still playing Puzzle & Dragons, but Monster Strike and Pokemon Shuffle have been more or less relegated to daily logins for rewards and little else.

I'm still playing Rayman Legends on the Wii U with my daughter and it continues to be so much fun.

I haven't had a good opportunity to wrap up the taxi missions in Yakuza 5, but maybe, just maybe, I'll have some time later this week. Maybe.

And some day, I really want to get back to Just Cause 3, Transistor, and other fantastic PC games that I've shelved because of lack of gaming time.

Because you live!

My wife is out of town for a tenday, so I had a friend over last night, and we played Broforce for a couple of hours. It's amazing.

Started up on Infamous: Second Son, which I like a lot (though I'm not particularly impressed with the visuals so far--doesn't really seem like a testament to what I've seen achieved on the PS4) and Uncharted 2 Remaster from the 'Collection. My wife told me to treat myself to Borderlands: Handsome Collection (got it for $20 before Target discount), and I'm stoked for that, having loved the first and never gotten around to 2/Pre-Sequel. Can't wait to play it with her when she gets back. :)

I haven't touched mobile gaming of any kind for a while, but the Pokemon itch feels like it will need scratching soon.

sooooo my ps3 died while updating T_T

keeps blinking a red light.....

Soooooooo........ my friends and wife convinced me to do skyfactory modded minecraft...... that game really is too addicting :(

Just moments ago, I finished the main story of Infamous: Second Son. It was good. (I played good, of course; will play evil on a future re-play.) It didn't have quite the excitement of the earlier games, but the characters and story were really good, and the powers were pretty neat. Definitely glad I got it. Also finished MGS: Ground Zeroes (PS3) this last week. My wife was able to go see family (having an intensive course at the same time kept me from going), so my time has been spent pretty exclusively on work, class, and gaming. (Note: I'd rather game less and have my wife home; I miss her. haha) Fairly unusual amount of gaming, but it's been nice.

Also played the first almost-half of Doom on Saturday. Tons of fun, but the brutality and imagery made me not really all that sad to take it back to Redbox.

Will move on to Uncharted 2 next, though Redbox sales on games they're pushing out of the system led me to pick up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4) and Elder Scrolls Online (PS4) for $9/each. Too good to pass up, I figured, but now I'm already at the "have more games than time" predicament. haha Oh well. I've been making much more focused progress on my backlog lately, so hopefully I'll be able to continue that trend.

I keep thinking I'm going to tackle those Yakuza 5 taxi missions.

And then I blink and it's 11 p.m. and I have to get ready for bed.

:(

Still playing Puzzle & Dragons (though after recent events, I'm ready to take a step back for a while) and Monster Strike on mobile.

My daughter and I beat Rayman Legends on the Wii U this last week. Huzzah! She was so excited--and she should be! The last two levels were BRUTALLY difficult. I don't know if I'm impressed or concerned that she refused to give up...

sooooo my ps3 died while updating T_T

keeps blinking a red light.....
Oh noes!

Is it under any kind of extended warranty? I'm guessing not at this point. :(

I've had it for 10 years now O_O

We'll see. I have some ideas and gonna try to fix it

i remember doing that with my friend in community college. Fred meyers, circuit city, best buy, game stop, etc. just trying to get a wii.

The guy behind us was ticked off the day we got one because a ps3 fell off a rack and busted up 1 of the 14 wiis available and they would't sell it to the guy behind us.

Just ran the Final Fantasy XV demo, and I was fairly impressed. Looking forward to more when the time comes.

Mostly been playing Smite lately as I wrapped up my intensive-schedule May Term course. Now I'm booting up Uncharted 2 Remaster. Loved the first, and already loving the second. Excited about playing the rest of the series. Trying hard to actually finish the games I buy, and that requires a form of discipline to stick with games instead of letting gaming ADD get the better of me. haha

Oh, and I've been "playing" a little Pinball FX2/Pinball Arcade at work while we work on our summer pet project of developing a virtual pinball cab. It's come along nicely, and we have new hardware on the way. Excited to have it up and running in the student center. We're even playing with the idea of building a Steam-based arcade-ish game cabinet (avoiding MAME because legal concerns and working in a seminary). That could prove a lot of fun, too.

As I posted on my status update a few days, I finally finished the taxi missions in Yakuza 5. I haven't had a good opportunity since to go back to the game to resume the main storyline, but I'm very much looking forward to it! While the Yakuza series is rated M for good reason and definitely not for the kiddos, the main character, Kazuma Kiryu is, as was so eloquently stated by Bob Mackey of US Gamer, "a paragon of masculine virtue."

Here's the full quote:

If anyone out there still believes the Yakuza series exists as Japan's own version Grand Theft Auto, part five's initial half-hour should disabuse them of this notion almost immediately. 2

While GTA typically casts its various protagonists from a pool of violent sociopaths, Yakuza's Kiryu Kazuma is a paragon of masculine virtue.
Source: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/yakuza-5-is-all-about-sweating-the-small-stuff

I love it.

(Disclaimer: I didn't read past the first paragraph of the article I linked for fear of spoilers, so read at your own risk.)

As bizarre as it may sound, Kazuma challenges me as a follower of Christ. Here's a man who isn't a Christian, yet he's a father to the fatherless, a defender of widows and orphans, a protector of the weak and disenfranchised, a friend of foreigners--phrases you'll find over and over again in the Old Testament. There's so much that we as Christians cite as inappropriate in games and I'll be the first to admit that there's plenty that's inappropriate for children in the Yakuza franchise, but I can't help but really like Kazuma Kiryu.

Last edited:
Well it seems I may have to open up a new chapter of a support group called "MCA" (Minecraft Anonymous).
LOL
It's the only game I seem to go back to over and over again, despite the fact I have many other games to play! (Including really OLD games on systems may be a bit before your time: NES, C64, Sega Genesis to name a few.)
I am located on a total of 10 Minecraft servers, which includes my own. When time allows (yeah right!) I try to get on each one at least once a week. Four servers contain Christ Followers, three are family-focused and the rest are, well let's just say 'worldly'. (Somehow I take the comment of "Go ye into all the world" quite literally!)
Oh yeah, I'm also involved with two MC Chain Worlds: ToJ as well as one I myself started for CCGR!
**steps up to the microphone**
"Hello, my name is Lewie and I'm a Minecraft Addict."
(Everyone: "Hi Lewie!")
LoL

Just finished Uncharted 2 Remaster this evening. My goodness was it a wonderful ride. Totally recommended, and it was altogether better than the first. Can't wait to start on the third.

Also been playing Destiny on PS4. Because Destiny. :D

And continued testing of Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade for the pinball cab project at work. That barely counts as playing, though, since it's all about getting interfaces to work nicely together and not at all about working toward high scores. lol

I cleared Part I of Yakuza 5 Monday night. Now I'm on to a new character and a new (but very familiar :)) setting.

I'm still playing Puzzle & Dragons. I haven't played much Monster Strike or Pokemon Shuffle this last week, but I'm still logging in daily for bonuses.

My daughter and I are still playing Rayman Legends on the Wii U, even though we beat the main quest, because she really enjoys that game--and I do, too!

I'd still like to get back to PC games like Just Cause 3, Oceanhorn, and Transistor, but I'm content making my way through Yakuza 5 and picking up Teensies my daughter and I missed the first time around in Rayman Legends for now.

just finished the last campaign on GW2 ... kind of wished I did iit with other people. It was slightly unfulfilling.

Trying to do other dungeons now too and figure out how to better play my mesmer but yeah......

played a little 20XX and they have done a lot!!! so that was cool...

We need mesmers for vistas and jump puzzles for those of us klutzes. Trying to get into other games but no time with a visit from daughter and grand kids, some dailies and light farming of home instance in GW2 and that is it. An occasional game of Klondike doesn't count

Pinball project at work is still in effect. I don't exactly get to play, but I do get to tweak and configure for when I /do/ get to play. haha We just put a 750Ti in the machine so that Pinball Arcade can run at full res and max settings. Looks awesome. Tons of fun.

Destiny has been my one consistent game this week. My sessions have tended to be short (20 minutes hardly uncommon), but I've played most nights this week. So that's cool. Working on my Titan alt since I got a sick piece of Titan gear the other day. haha

And I just picked up some Final Fantasy games on sale for my PSP. Pretty close to having all of the numeric non-MMO games on Sony platforms at this point. XII and XIII-3 are the main missing ones at this point, and XII HD Remaster is a-comin'! :D Anyway, I started up on Final Fantasy II. I've beaten a couple of the games, but I'm gonna try to work through my FF backlog chronologically, which means beating II first since I never finished it on GBA. Oops.

Back