Ulduar

Flame Leviathian - Hard Modes

So last night in the RAWR Run I drove a Salvaged Demolisher which has the ability to hurl Pyrite Barrels for a stacking Damage DoT on FL. This DoT can stack up to 10X. We had up to 3 seperate stacks of 10 Pyrite Barrels DoT'ing FL and took him down in a scant 1 min. and 38 secs. To me, this is the key to bringing him down with towers up. Each hurled Pyrite Barrel deals 12K damage per second over 10 secs. So, if you get 3 stacks of 10 up, that is 360K damage/second (WOW). :eek: Per the TF 10 man run, we didn't launch anyone and our Salvaged Demolisher gunners just focused on grabbing shot down Pyrite Barrels so the drivers could keep the stacking DoT up.

I think this is a solid strategy to try on Sunday. Worth trying out with just one tower up at the beginning anyway.

Thoughts?

Worth trying out with just one tower up at the beginning anyway.
Sure is. We have tried this before and got owned badly, but since then have gotton (Higher lvl gear, which effects health etc)

Stacking pyrite is something we always do, our gear lvl was the issue last time.
Of course it does depend on who is in our group for the next run.. I really think a huge chunk of item 213+ may be the key. (mix of 200/213/219 and some of us have a little 226) Put the ppl with the highest health in the pyrite/tanking machines. One thing I do when I use a salvage mechine is the RAM (Until he gets close to changing targets I ram him into oblivion)

i got the achievement for this tonight on my shaman, it was a 10 man and they were not geared much better then us for sure. we did it with one tower up (forget the name) but we just had to avoid the lights, i was a demo driver and i had 10 on him most the time (lose it when your focused), and my gunner just kept the pyrite flowing for me, i just kept driving close to it for him to get it.

When you do hard mode (4 towers up) you have to launch people AND keep pyrite rolling. It takes a significant amount of co-ordination and planning.

Wow! Talk about having an off night, I want to apologize for my tanking last night! I know that Bob and I can tag team this instance (at least the bosses we've seen). I am already ready to hit Iron Council again (this time with frost presence activated) and one time them.

Thanks again to all that were there and I promise to be more heads up next week!

It happens and it's natural and even a good sign to be frustrated.

I hate messing up, but I put things into perspective and move on. I figure if I: Show up prepared; video's watched, flasks in hand, focused (Paying attention) and mess up it's not the same as messing up because I was not: Focused, flasked, did not watch videos etc.

It's true, especially if you're tanking with a death knight -- there's a certain rhythm to DK tanking, and some nights, you've researched, brought foods, enchanted every single item, jeweled every slot, brought flasks or even huge numbers of potions, slept a good 8 hours the night before, and you just don't have the rhythm.

It happens (frequently enough with me.)

Wow! Talk about having an off night, I want to apologize for my tanking last night! I know that Bob and I can tag team this instance (at least the bosses we've seen). I am already ready to hit Iron Council again (this time with frost presence activated) and one time them.

Thanks again to all that were there and I promise to be more heads up next week!
Well,
I take the blame for starting off the night by riding blindly into the trash mobs in front of Iggy... It all went downhill from there. :D

No worries Steve, I can still (despite my gear) noob it up with the best of them. (I usually end up dieing last, but taking everyone with me for uber repair bills.) And no Rhys, I am NOT paying yours!! :p

Ok, I'm back trying to gauge interest in bringing back Ulduar 10 Sun/Mon. I've got a sign up posted in GEM. If interested and geared please feel free to sign up. I'll be trying to bring back any "regulars" first, but there will likely be some spots open so feel free to sign up. If you aren't running GEM send me an in game message to Berstromme...

Well somewhat sign up so I can see how many are interested. Like Bob posted in the other thread maybe we have enough for 2 groups...we can balance them out and go...

So Freya:

60 sec to down each wave before next wave spawns.

1)Ancient Conservator: Get under mushroom and nuke, if you get aoe dmg debuff on you, get away from others.
2) Detonating Lashers: Collapse, root/freeze, aoe a bit then single target. (These are not really tankable)
3) Storm Lasher, Ancient Water Spirit and Snaplasher.: Nuke snaplasher until it's imobilized, then start working on other mobs to bring them down within 12sec of each other.

After 6 waves, attack Freya:

Sunbeam Nature.
Inflicts 5088 to 5912 Nature damage to enemies within 8 yards of the target. 1.5 cast.

Nature Bomb Nature.
Freya launches 10-15 Nature Bombs onto random raid members. These explode after 10 seconds, dealing 5850 to 6150 Nature damage to enemies within 10 yards of the bomb, knocking them back.

Sorry about the other night Mike. The power kept going out all day. Its good now though. :D

Thorim:

Arena Group:
Melee center, range spread out, but ranged watch for the charged pylons.
Phase 1: Kill healers, Kill Worm.(Turn worm away from group)
Phase 2: Adds, Kill priority: Dark Rune Evoker, Dark Rune Champions, Warbringers and Dark Rune Commoners.

Gauntlet group:
While you advance avoid the cast from the golem at the far end of the room. His hand (Left or Right) will charge, showing which side of the room the blast will come down.

Phase 1: Kill priority; Evokers, Iron Ring Guard, (High dmg to those in front, also a bleed effect that has to be healed to full)
Phase 2: Mini boss; Turn away from group (large frontal cone aoe dmg) When he throws up his shield, if you attack, you do 2k dmg to yourself.
Phase 3: Another mini boss, with and add or so; Turn him, get away from anyone who gets "runed" (rooted) (aoe fire splash dmg)

Final Phase.

Thorim: Gauntlet group trigger him by beating on him (tank should jump down into arena before thorim does)
1) Finish off the arena adds and spread out.
2) Work thorim and when he casts "Unbalancing Strike" (15 seconds in) on MT, OT taunt off (Rinse and repeat) (US lowers the tanks D by 200 making them critable)
3) When he charges a pylon, get to the opposite side of the room.

Last edited:
Back