Ulduar

Some pally healing plate that Mike ninja'd from me and some leather I think..
Ppl got their quest done too (from naxx).

Last edited:
By the way, in the video for Flame Leviathan it states, "destroying towers activates hard mode". It doesn't. Destroying towers makes the fight easier.

I'm happy to say the vehical fight is very fun. I'm not really into fighting on mounts.., but I was very plesantly suprised at the fun factor.

loot: Flamewatch Armguards (Me)
and: Firesoul (Mike)

We got second boss xt002 down below 40% I think, not bad.
His tantrum is the issue. We *might* have to use 3 healers for that fight. Every person that has a healing ability should be using it during a tantrum. Another good idea, bring healing pots and try and use consumables that boost your health. If we can survive his tantrum, we win. (Scrolls/flasks etc) Formation was also a bit of an issue - for the raid to reap the benifit of pally aoe heals, you need to be within 8 yards.

Please review this video http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/48643-ulduar-xt-002-deconstructor.html including the addendum "Heartburn Strat" (3rd video)

Positioning:
Boss in front of the steps (as seen in most videos). Melee in a small hald circle, range and healer in a larger half circle:

If the melee dps uses the max. hitbox, they don't have to move when they get lightbomb and with gravity bomb, the just step around the edges of the stair. The ranged dps and healers shouldn't have to move at all, even with gravity bomb.

Execution:
They key is to avoid tantrums by burning the 25% health between heart phases in under 1min. (He does not do a tantrum with heart out, which is the benifit of this tactic) Even with good dps, the first 25% can be quite hard, so if you have a shaman, then pop Bloodlust at the beginning. Your raid (including tank) needs to reach at least 25k dps, which translates to at least 4k dps each for the damage dealers.

Now when the heart pops out, all dps continues to burn the heart. After about 15s into the heart phase the ranged look for the coming adds and start to aoe them; one can easily take care of a wave alone. The OT collects the Pummelers and tanks them in the middle behind the raid.

When the hearts goes back in, it's repeat from the beginning. The ranged dps will need a few seconds to finish of the adds, then they can resume on the boss.

Additional notes:
Class choices:
Any ranged class has a sufficient form of aoe to get rid of the scrap bots. The only suboptimal class is the shadow priest because of the annoying targeting mechanic of Mind Sear (you need to target an add in the middle of the wave and this target doesn't take damage).
As OT you best chose a paladin or warrior, because of blocking (one hit from a Pummeler is lower than the block value).
The healers should both be capable of aoe-healing, because in the last 25% you will most likely eat one tantrum.
Melee should only have to move when hit by gravity bomb or when Scrap Bots get too close to the boss.

Try not to burn the heart below 20%. Because there is the danger of either killing the heart (-> Hard Mode) or triggering the next heart phase to soon, while the ranged dps is still taking care of the last spawns.We had this problem during our kill. Our (melee) dps was so good, that they damaged the heart to about 10% durign the first two phases and in consequence we had to deal with more adds at the same time. This led to not being able to burn the heart in the last phase sufficiently and we had to spend additional time to take care of them. -> Last 25% didn't go down before tantrum.

Last edited:
Gratz on getting down Ulduar boss #1 and your phat epik l33t lootz!

You all have the skillz, technology, and attitude for mucho success in Ulduar! We're counting on you so keep up the good work! :p

Actually, the tantrum does 120% of your health, regardless of how high it is. This is really a case where it is a detriment to have a higher health bar, as that just means more to heal to keep you from dieing in the first place. The only two who need their health really high on this fight are the MT and OT. The rest just have to have enough to handle the Gravity and Light wells.

XT is dead. So 2 bosses down. If you are in our raid, make sure you view the videos for Ignis and Razorscale. It only takes about 10-15 minutes. The link to those videos is above. While these videos may not end up being the *exact* strat we use, they will give you a good general understanding of the fight.

Nice video of Raze 10 man (I Believe the Tank-Spot video above is 25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JmB87ZphW8
After watching this video, it does appear that Raze "looks" easier then Ignis.

Last edited:
I chuckle whenever the ID 25-man group does Razorscale. Because our raid dps isn't terribly high yet (for Ulduar) the enrage warnings are going off usually within a minute of us grounding him. We still manage to spam heal the tanks and pull through tho.

We 2 shotted. Our dps range was from 1200-2900 (includes 2 tanks) Dps classes, 2100-2900 on that fight. I don't recall time left (But 10 man seems fairly easy)

Ok so up next Ignis the Furnace Master, then I think Kologarn and Auriaya. A few of us have downed Ignis and Kologarn on 25 man this past week. Kologarn isn't terribly tough, but lots of personal coordination to run from eyebeams and the need to heal folks who get grasped, oh and lots of rock adds to be gathered up and AoE'd down. Auriaya from what I've seen is all about the pull, using some LOS to prevent being pounced by her adds. After that it is a pick up adds, stay out of void zones, appreciate the tremor totem ability of shamans and profit...

I think for the ingis fight we need 3 ppl on add duty with out current group makeup. 1 ot,2 dps. The OT and 1 dps will focus exclusively on adds, with the other assisting when needed, but primarily they are on the boss. Add triggers, run to fire, tank it and when it turns molten, tanks job is done on that add. It's up to the dps to be in position to bring it to the water and kill it. (Tank should already be looking for add #2, from the pull of the first add)

It's an add fight, once that is dealt with, it's over.
Our first kill went about 10 minutes long as we figured out the adds (Thankfully we had 3-4 geared healers) We need 3 healers on this fight.

I think for the Ingis fight we need 3 ppl on add duty with out current group makeup. 1 ot,2 dps. The OT and 1 dps will focus exclusively on adds, with the other assisting when needed, but primarily they are on the boss. Add triggers, run to fire, tank it and when it turns molten, tanks job is done on that add. It's up to the dps to be in position to bring it to the water and kill it. (Tank should already be looking for add #2, from the pull of the first add)

It's an add fight, once that is dealt with, it's over. Our first kill went about 10 minutes long as we figured out the adds (Thankfully we had 3-4 geared healers) We need 3 healers on this fight.
I think we pretty much had this fight down and just ran out of time. Freya will be the next major challenge IMHO. Hopefully I can join you all again on Sunday.

One thing that I came up with for our 25-man group for Iggy is to assign the offtank healers to an area rather than a specific tank. They just heal whichever construct tank happens to be in their area. This saves the healers from constantly having to find and chase down their assigned tank, which can get really confusing and result in a lot of out-of-range tank deaths. This strat worked really well for us last week.

I'm not sure if this would translate well to 10-man, but you could try it. I assigned the OT healers to watch a pool "area", north and south. Obviously you don't want to be too close to the pool, as you risk death via shatter, and you want to be close enough to the middle to be able to heal the pot, MT, etc as needed.

Last edited:
The way its worked for the groups I've healed is for the range and healers to stay stuck in the middle. Seriously stuck..I don't have to move one foot except when I get dumped out of the pot. Generally the T, OT, add killers and slag pot person are in range and you don't get shattered or into the fire (the jets put you down in the same place you were standing). It saves from the chaos of having to run and find your target and you don't lose casting time because you're moving. Works quite well.

Back