TotC 10 --> Icecrown

ICC Tonight - Feb 12th

I'd like to hit Toravon tonight for two more Emblems of Frost and a shot and some free Tier 10 lootz. He's been nerfed and our ICC Squad should be able to take him down without too much trouble. A nice strat guide for the fight is here via our friends at WoW.com:

We'll determine when we attempt this given time and whether or not we possess Wintergrasp. :)

34K DPS as a group on our Festergut kill - W00T! That's our best yet and great progress. With that kind of DPS we can finish the wing/quarter. On to Rotface and Professor Putricide!!

Getting out of the sprays is important...I know I didn't do a very good job of it. Staying grouped up on the boss is also key. Should give more room to kite and keep John from having to run so deep in the pools on the side.
This is not an easy fight and Mike brings up a couple of great points.
  1. Stay close/grouped up on the boss. This does give our tank more maneuvering room with the big slimes.
  2. Get out of the slime sprays. Getting hit by them just makes raid healing that much harder on our uber healers.
Rotface has 7.3M HP. We had an attempt to 6.7M, 6.1M and 5.6M. We are definitely capable of defeating this boss and with a slight increase to raid DPS, less slime spray hits, and more kiting room for our Tank, we will have this boss down.

Last night was a long evening of wipes, but we were very close and I'm still very pleased with our overall progress. Don't forget that on Friday we steamrolled through the first wing, took out Festergut, one-shotted the new Vault boss. That was a strong performance. :)

I've been asked by several people about locking out the raid. We're not quite there yet because of a few things:
  1. We still haven't seen the full loot table from the first four bosses.
  2. I don't want to forfeit 8 x Emblems of Frost.
  3. We could all use the Ashen Verdict rep as well.
Once we are beyond all those things, I would be happy to consider it.

Well played tonight with some good "saves" here is the report: http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1485052
I think the most important thing here to note is a "One-Shot" of ALL the bosses we attempted: Marrowgar, L. Deathwhisper, Gunship, D. Saurfang, Festergut, Sister Svalna (Extra Emblem & 450 Rep), ICC Raid Quest, and Toravon.

That's 18 x Emblems of Frost in one night - W00T!!

Awesome run - now let's put our game faces on for Rotface and Professor Putricide... :mad:

Check in game calendar I think Bob moved this weeks run to Sat/Mon as both he and I are unavailable this Friday Night... We'll discuss tomorrow 22 Feb I'm sure.

Grats on your progress :)
Hey Danny!
We miss you and your madd game skillz. Your son is looking great and hopefully we'll see you two back some time soon.

WEEKLY RAID GROUP:

Remember we're only running Monday March 1st this week so we need to be punctual and efficient once we get going. I'd like to down at least 5 bosses and Toravon. If we have the time let's get the miniboss and hopefully we will see the weekly ICC Raid Quest again too!

See you all on Monday - invites to start at 6:35 server.

Another good night in ICC. Several folks (including yours truly) hit Exalted with the Ashen Verdict. Aside from some lag issues on Marrowgar (3 ugly wipes), all the other baddies through Festergut were one-shotted and we called it a night.

Now let's talk ICC progression real quick-like...
no-wrynn.jpg

The ICC Buff to Players / Nerf to the instance (5% +Health/Healing/DPS) is live today. We also (more or less) have the first 5 bosses on farm. So the question would be why don't we start using raid lockouts? Well, we have smited Lady Deathbringer a total of 8 times and still have yet to see the tanking chest drop, the Pally healing boots from Lord Marrowgar, his tanking neck, and other loot has been elusive. RNG has not been kind to us so we'll continue to farm these first bosses until peeps get some of those drops and Emblems of Frost become less valuable.

Howsoever, this may make our Rotface downing a bit easier. :D (And the ickies that follow after him.)

And It Looks Like ICC Got Easier Yet Again...

Ingame Fixes March 4th:

Bornakk: Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

•In the Lord Marrowgar encounters, the boss will no longer reset threat after a bone storm and will now wait a small amount of time before attacking at the end of a bone storm.
•In the Deathbringer Saurfang encounters, the boss is now less likely to cast Blood Nova on targets affected by Mark of the Fallen Champion.
•In both normal and heroic versions of the 10 player Rotface encounter, the mutated infection ability will not be cast as quickly while the fight progresses.
•In the 10- and 25-player heroic Festergut encounters, the malleable goo ability should no longer target pets.
•In the Valithria Dreamwalker encounters, the duration of Emerald Vigor and Twisted Nightmares were slightly increased.
•In the Sindragosa encounters, the duration of the instability debuff was slightly reduced.

Back