Toj Ages of Empires chapter

I wouldn't mind joining in from time to time. I'm a long-time AoE fan, but have never really played many multiplayer games except for local lan parties with friends.

I own AoE, AoE2 (with expansion), and AoM (no Titans yet, though).

Corpfox said:
I own the game(retail and burned)
I can follow what you say with pirated games, its annoying to be having that warning on almost every rented DVD movie I watch. -_-

What about burned CD games, is that allowed, or is that also part of being pirated?

If a player has the cd, then there is no way of knowing if its pirated or not, we cant help that. Its not toj's job to check everyones purchase receat. So if players have the cd then they can play.

Right now i have all my games cracked, but before i cracked them, i saved the original .exe after upgrade, so i can switch back and forth of hosting and playing online, and playing by myself.

I wouldn't mind joining in from time to time. I'm a long-time AoE fan, but have never really played many multiplayer games except for local lan parties with friends.

I own AoE, AoE2 (with expansion), and AoM (no Titans yet, though).
Very cool. AoE online isnt much different from LAN games. I've only played AoE online with a few toj a few times before.

We ran into a snafu today. Beloved and I tested it out. Worked, but about 2.5 hrs into game it froze in teh middle to the major battle, and we had to save and exit. This posses a problem now.

Bandwidth is fine, way less than cs, about 10kbit/s per player.

Worked, but about 2.5 hrs into game it froze in teh middle to the major battle, and we had to save and exit. This posses a problem now.

That should happen, too many units plus a large map(if using more than 4 players) can create tension on the game itself. Happens with most RTS games, even Starcraft.

Best way would be shorten the game and production of units. I've seen a friend play with 2 of his friends with a large amount of units, it took them almost forever just to beat 1 of them! (Especially with a heavly defended fortress)
Though it was funny to see a long trail of blood and dead units. :cool:

ive never noticed to much lag without SC when ive played with loads of units, but u may be right, we may have to set lower limits on population size and map size

Yeah, for testing reasons, the games will be limited to 100 units instead of 200, and the map size will be adjusted accordingly to the number of human players, so no AI players will be playing (good, cause AI gets annoying).

well, umm, i had 4 battle groups of the max units, 40, lol, I had 164 paladins all at once covering the enemy, didnt loose one.

Anyone wants to kill me, take out my gold suppy. I had 12,300 gold worth of paladins, gets expensive at 75 a piece, not to mention upgrading to them, almost another 2,000 :D

hehehe and u couldt see it in picture but i had bout 100 or so archers, im more into making peasants and mining faster

how do u steel the gold??

Monks = Mind Controllers. (IF that race doesnt have immunity to monks)
Or
Get the Relics, 10 gold per relic per few secs. 10 relics = 100 gold per few secs.
Estimation: 3 secs, 10 relics, 100 gold. 30 secs, 10 relics, 1000 gold and so on.(Though it is very rare to get more than 4 relics in a map)

I had 164 paladins all at once covering the enemy, didnt loose one.

Well maybe my Elite Teutonic Knights will beat your Paladins.

Paladin

60 Food, 75 Gold
160 HP
14 Attack
2 Armor
3 Pierce Armor

Elite Teutonic Knight

85 Food, 40 Gold
100 HP
17 Attack
10 Armor
2 Pierce Armor

Though I've never fought Paladins vs Elite Teutonic Knights up front. :cool:

Last edited:
LOL hmm, interesting corp. We shall see one of these days in game :D The way i steal gold is send in a few military units (paladins :D) and surround a gold mine section and send in citizens, actually like 6-12 to mine it fast.

The way i steal gold is send in a few military units (paladins ) and surround a gold mine section and send in citizens, actually like 6-12 to mine it fast.

Impressive. :)

I know my way brutal, I either have towers or a castle guarding my mines. Your way is low-cost effective, mine is......well, only Catapults type units can destroy a castle. :D

Corpfox said:
Impressive. :)

I know my way brutal, I either have towers or a castle guarding my mines. Your way is low-cost effective, mine is......well, only Catapults type units can destroy a castle. :D

Not when i'm surrounding a castle with 40 paladins, it comes down without killing a single paladin, and it helps to have another group of 40 nearby to take out towers and enemy units :D

This first game is going to be very interesting on strategies :)

well now that u mention monks.. couldn't u get a monk to convert a building? just take over their mines.... would that work?

Yes monks convert buildings unless the enemy civ has protection against it.

The issue with AoE2 laggin out when there is too many units moving, happened again. 2 human players and 2 AI, 100 unit pop a piece, still lagged. I'm looking into whats going on, cause it doesnt do that on LAN.

*edit* I cannot figure out whats going on or what to fix it with. So i have no idea how its gonna work now.

Last edited:
The issue with AoE2 laggin out when there is too many units moving, happened again. 2 human players and 2 AI, 100 unit pop a piece, still lagged.

Try the other lower ones. 75, 50, 25.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331406#XSLTH3131121122120121120120

There is the problem. 1 AI player takes up the same computer resources as 2 human players. It basically maxes out my CPU and RAM, then the game freezes.

I'm on 3ghz with Hyperthreading and 1gb of ram, with cable (840kbit/s upload speed max).

So when we play, its usually 2-3 human with 2-5 AI, no wonder why it lags so bad. From now on its human v human.

The number of units and buildings, maxes out my computer and causes it to lag because it cant track that many units at one time, that and with AI taking up twice, hopefully this will stop the lagging, no more AI.

Now on LAN, it doesnt matter, interenet doesnt affect games, each computer stores and computes its own data and shares on network, on internet, there simply isnt enough bandwidth, so the host machine does all the storing of information and computing for all the players data.

*edit* In 1 min of game play, at the climax, I use about .5Mbytes per min of upload, and 330Kbit per min of download. That is a lot, way more than CS.

Last edited:
Back