Toj Ages of Empires chapter

Talon

Toj is firing up its Ages of Empires chapter this week.

Quite a few things will be coming together to get this chapter rolling smoothly and quickly.

Games in this chapter include (plus expansions):
Ages of Empires 1
Ages of Empires 2
Ages of Empires 3 (when it comes out, November 22nd, 2005 last time i checked)
Age of Mythology

There will most likely not be any scheduled events this week.

Stay tunned for several posted documents further explaining this chapter and how its going to work.

Last edited:
I've got AoE2 but no expansion.... i might be up for a game somtime.. haven't played in forever....

hehehehe hope u like admin abuse ^_^

heh, great, thats one thing we need to hash out also, is to use expansion or not, or alternate.

i think most of the time being we wont use expansion since some people (like me) dont have it lol, so ur safe

7. All members must have thier CD roms in the rom when opening and playing the game to get into multiplayer

CD roms in the rom? ;)

Your meaning that if own the actual AoE2/AoE2:Expansion CD roms, then I am allowed in playing the game to get into multiplayer?

If so, I do not own the actual AoE2/AoE2:Expansion CD roms, however, mine does enable me into playing the game to get into multiplayer.

Last edited:
Corpfox said:
CD roms in the rom? ;)

Your meaning that if own the actual AoE2/AoE2:Expansion CD roms, then I am allowed in playing the game to get into multiplayer?

If so, I do not own the actual AoE2/AoE2:Expansion CD roms, however, mine does enable me into playing the game to get into multiplayer.
Players are required to have the game CDs (either if its aoe2, or the expansion) in the CD-rom when playing.

Pilgrim said:
I would think that it is to make sure that you own the game, and not a pirated version?
Atown and Pilgrim are correct. Both for smooth game play and keep toj out of hot water.

Just a question, the game is pretty cheap, so there's no need to pirate the game, but how does buying the game keep toj out of hot water. If u run the server are u liable for people with copied versions of the game.

When we have our game nights, it says who has the cd in their cd drive or not. We dont want toj to have members sharing pirated verions or downloading them to play. Besides, cracked pirated verions, dont work with cd verions, when we host. The reason for using cds if moslty for capatibility concerns, those that have pirated versions, will be unable to play.

I think it might have just been an expression, but I guess it helps toj promote use of legitimate games. If you run the server you can't be liable for people with copied versions of the game. Besides, if you do not have the legitimate game, I don't think you can play multiplayer. I haven't tried this though.

Heh, exaclty, it doesnt work, atown and I have experimented around with cd and cracked versions. They dont mix, comes up with "all players must be using the same version" or something like that.

Gen and HCS might like AoE, its kinda like Heros 3 or 4 u guys play, only the mythical side to it is only in age of mythology kinda.

its kinda like Heros 3 or 4 u guys play, only the mythical side to it is only in age of mythology kinda.

I own the game(retail and burned), and listening to the Castle Theme song now, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is no comparison to Age of Empires.

3DO owns Heroes games, Microsoft owns AoE games.

Civilization is alike to Age of Empires, just has more in-depth detail.

I can follow what you say with pirated games, its annoying to be having that warning on almost every rented DVD movie I watch. -_-

What about burned CD games, is that allowed, or is that also part of being pirated?

Back