To you Ret Pally DPS haters...

It's definetly possible to do decent dmg as a Ret paladin... However gear plays a huge roll and DPS is not your only job. You are a support class and are there to boost the DPS of your party/raid. Also you really have to REALLY want to play Ret and be willing to take critisism from many people. Most people do not give ret a chance because they've seen far to many what I call "posers". Posers are holy pallys who pick up a new two hand weapon and respec to ret for a few nights. It's hard to be a Ret pally but if that's what you truely want to do then do it and do it well. Hit me up if you want some tips for gear or spec or whatever.

DPS.jpg

pet is part of their damage, thats like saying mages are higher because it counts their fireballs AND their frostbolts

tell that to shagz. i cant get it across to him that me and my pet are one and the same. even tho i am MM spec, the pet still does its share with kill command (extra 500+ dmg per crit.. so i get a 2k crit then kill command for 500 = 2500 dmg in a hit..) and what not.. him and wall rub it in my face alot. then Jad is there for extra negative moral.

(make them the bad guys, i'm the poor hunter getting beat on emotionaly!)

:D:D:D

BM Hunter's and Demo Warlock's specs are awesome for getting decent damage with bad gear, but it continues to scale fairly well even when your gear is considerably better. Imo, the game should work differently, rewarding players for using other specs that are more reliable on their personal achievements and not upon pets (which are gotten for free, I might add).

Also, high DPS is a given when you can AOE in that hallway and when you wear plate, Sandric. Same goes for mages. Nevertheless, its a nice amount of damage. Also, aoe spells should not do as much damage as they do for a number of reasons. Most of them take almost no skill to use and most of them are instant cast. Maybe if they designed them to do 100% of their damage if they hit one target, 80% damage if they hit two targets, 60% damage to three targets and so on; although, there should be a minimum percentage other than 0%, maybe 25% or 50%. It makes sense to me and would follow the idea of hitting multiple targets with one spell for a designated amount of power. The damage done would be spread out among the targets.

/getsoffsoapbox

That is all!

Back onto the subject, I admire people who can out DPS another player who has a pet. That goes for Ret. Paladins, too.

Last edited:
Oh yea... I almost forgot, back when you could double trinket with some of the quest BC trinkets, Spring 2007? It was before I rejoined Redeemed... Niffty one shot Osirys at full health. That was 8700 HP down the drain in 1 second.

Ask her about it :D.

tell that to shagz. i cant get it across to him that me and my pet are one and the same. even tho i am MM spec, the pet still does its share with kill command (extra 500+ dmg per crit.. so i get a 2k crit then kill command for 500 = 2500 dmg in a hit..) and what not.. him and wall rub it in my face alot. then Jad is there for extra negative moral.

Masta: You are a hunter. You always have been, are, and will be blamed for everything. There are no exceptions. The only place you will find support is with your fellow hunters. That's what Bax is for ... I heard he makes dynamite chamomile tea and crumpets and plays a mean harp, to help provide comfort and solace to the eternally maligned class in green text.

Masta: You are a hunter. You always have been, are, and will be blamed for everything. There are no exceptions. The only place you will find support is with your fellow hunters. That's what Bax is for ... I heard he makes dynamite chamomile tea and crumpets and plays a mean harp, to help provide comfort and solace to the eternally maligned class in green text.

/sigh

Also, high DPS is a given when you can AOE in that hallway and when you wear plate, Sandric. Same goes for mages. Nevertheless, its a nice amount of damage. Also, aoe spells should not do as much damage as they do for a number of reasons. Most of them take almost no skill to use and most of them are instant cast. Maybe if they designed them to do 100% of their damage if they hit one target, 80% damage if they hit two targets, 60% damage to three targets and so on; although, there should be a minimum percentage other than 0%, maybe 25% or 50%. It makes sense to me and would follow the idea of hitting multiple targets with one spell for a designated amount of power. The damage done would be spread out among the targets.

Pallies don't have AOEs (nor would this pally want one). We do have DOTs that are active in a large area and reflective melee damage. Mages, Priests and Warlocks can only hit something like 8 targets with their AOEs which keeps them from being overpowered. Pallies can DOT any number of targets within 10 yards. Big difference in mechanics and potential DPS. A tankadins max DPS is a factor of their mitigation capabilities and the healing available to them along with density of mobs. Solo with mobs within 2 levels of me I think I would top out around 1k-1.5k depending on the type of mob. I haven't done a lot of heavy AOE grinding recently now that I have a 700 spell damage plate set. Will have to see what kind of numbers I can generate.

But as far as skill goes, I think it requires more skill to get high amounts of damage out of a class and spec that is largely unknown to be DPS (IE Holy Pallies/Priests, Disc Priests, Protection Pally/Warrior, Resto Druids/Shammies and Hunters). I threw hunters in there just for good measure. ;)

But as far as skill goes, I think it requires more skill to get high amounts of damage out of a class and spec that is largely unknown to be DPS (IE Holy Pallies/Priests, Disc Priests, Protection Pally/Warrior, Resto Druids/Shammies and Hunters). I threw hunters in there just for good measure. ;)

I'll agree to that, Sandric:
1) Positive example: Holy/Disc Avesther bringing his dps pwnage to Slabs one night last fall to kept me get my key fragment.
2) Negative example: I have no skills + I am resto = I generate no dps. Since all three statements are true ... QED.

<Jad takes towel and wipes away Masta's Tears>:D

Your making my pancake shoulders soggy!!! lol
If i remember correctly i was neutral in that discussion. :rolleyes:
I just like watching yall argue... its like a really fun tennis match...(if there ever was one) "back and forth....back and forth):D

Hunters are always higher because it counts both you AND your pet... :(

uh...does that make a difference? am i not doing that damage for a group? that's like saying that your DPS includes your weapons, i mean, because they do the damage, not your hands, right? :)

Back