To you Ret Pally DPS haters...

then again, i could just wait for that wrap-around monitor to come out which would be even better..

I CANT WAIT FOR THAT THING TO COME OUT!

alienwarescreendvice2.JPG

Alienware-curve2.jpg

oh! thats crysis, I just beat the game on my crappy laptop, my computer froze so many times when I have alien robot(s) in my face ~~

but it was fun.

i forgot who...but someone else had a very similar demo unit at CES...still not gonna be cheap, i would imagine on the order of 3-4k possibly

yyeahhhh. i need to get the dough to upgrade my computer first. i'm still running a 128mb video card. granted it was the top of the line in its time, its just alil bit out dated..

once my jobs pick up again i'm gonna start working on building a new computer. might even think about getting a cheaper laptop that can handle WoW n the internet well enough to be able to take that to the church on fridays when we meet up so i dont have to lug around a mid size tower and moniter everytime i go. it be nice..

that moniter looks pretty sweet tho..

ouchie...yeah, i split off on to two cards to handle the ones that i have...pretty certain you won't get that option with this monitor :) i wouldn't be surprised if you need to maybe even look at low end SLI solutions to get this to pump out decent framerates

So it's a fat, curved DLP monitor made up for 4 smaller screens. You can see the lighter lines dividing them, there are 3 of them.

I see what they are trying to do, which is give you a more realistic view for FPS games. But, I honestly don't see what the big deal is. For any other game it would be a huge pain! Like for WoW, you would constantly have to actually turn your head to look at your bags, or your character screen.

So its really wide... and curved...

If it might require SLI to get decent performance out of it, and an estimated price of 3 or 4 grand... I do not see the point.

A 22" or 24" wide screen monitor would suffice; it would be much cheaper to attain the monitor, and wouldn't require you to empty your 401K to get a decent SLI motherboard and SLI cards.

Monitors are only as good as the computer running them.

Last edited:
it's actually quite ideal for software development...

the magic # of monitors is 3...beyond that is pretty useless, below that (1 or 2) and you're not reaching your productivity capability. the fact that it's curved solves a big placement problem...and the ugliness that comes with the monitor edges.

the seams are a problem they'll be working on to resolve prior to release, so i wouldn't expect them to be particularly noticeable.

for WoW it would be awesome!
you kidding me!? you could always have your bags open to look at when ever! right now i wish my moniter could handle a bit higher res so i could be able to fit stuff on my screen without it feeling crampt err what not. i like how open nevi's UI is. i had his in mind when i redid mine the other day. its all easier.

...... how is it everytime you guys enter a thread , it turns into spam? back on topic, ret pallies can be good dps as long as they are geared properly , that being said the chance of a person gear a ret pally successfully are about 25.17% which is why most ret pallies in teh end go holy spec.

...... how is it everytime you guys enter a thread , it turns into spam? back on topic, ret pallies can be good dps as long as they are geared properly , that being said the chance of a person gear a ret pally successfully are about 25.17% which is why most ret pallies in teh end go holy spec.

My gear is so-so, I would say average, and I out DPS everyone is all my groups besides hunters... Plus While doing this is was usually with level 70s, and I was using a sword much too low for my level, I just upgraded...

Back