To B or not to B?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well then, let's start an "unofficial" team!!
then dont use the toj tag. we dont make rules for you to bypass them
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Mar. 20 2004,11:04)]eh count me in but till i hear word from Tek7 on this i really aint promising anything.
Well, technically, it's up to Elite and the other CS sub-chapter leaders, BUT, I will offer my opinion, even though it shouldn't be regarded as the official answer on this matter. And that opinion is...I personally would love to see an active, competing, "polished" B team representing Tribe of Judah. We haven't had much success with that in the past, but I think we have the members necessary to make it happen this time around.

Of course, it's up to them to make it happen.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Mar. 20 2004,4:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well then, let's start an "unofficial" team!!  
then dont use the toj tag. we dont make rules for you to bypass them
rock.gif
I think what he meant by "unofficial team" is getting several ToJ members together, finding a scrimmage to play in, and practicing in preparation of forming a second competition team. At least, that's how I understood it. I don't think any rules would be broken. If that's the case, I think it's awesome that members show such initiative to put in the hard work it takes to create another competition team.

Of course, I must mention again that my word in this matter holds no weight (well, okay, not no weight, but not as much weight as the CS sub-chapter leaders' would hold).

I would perfer we get the appropriate approval before taking any action as a second team. But we can form a team and figure out what we want this team to do (just practice together, scrim other teams, or enter a league) before we bring the team forward for approval.

i hope you dont think im trying to stop this..lol. i would like to see an active team in toj. Im just a bit skeptical.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Mar. 21 2004,5:19)]i hope you dont think im trying to stop this..lol. i would like to see an active team in toj. Im just a bit skeptical.
Still, there is reason to remain, not skeptical, but "cautiously optimistic." Given Tribe of Judah's record with starting competitive teams, I understand wholeheartedly why Rizz is a bit hesitant. He was more involved with the process than I was (well, I never was able to get a competition team off the ground when I served as the Half-Life chapter leader) so he has a right to his reservations.

So, in this case, I'm not the one to convince. Elite and the others are.
smile.gif

However, if you want to pick up some ToJ guys and go play in a scrim, then by all means go ahead and do that. - Parakletos

Yes, Tek7, you understood me correctly, and thank you very much for the encouragement.

The purpose of forming an unofficial team would be to first see if the commitment is there.  I could be the most dedicated person in the world and ask the leaders for a second team and I'd imagine they'd say "well, who else ya got?"  and I'd say "well, just me! I'll pick up a few guys on the way."  

My point is, I wanted to first get enough guys together, see if there was enough interest and dedication, and then ask the leaders for a team saying, "We've got a great group of committed guys seeking team approval."  If we couldn't get enough interested guys then there wouldn't be any need to bother the leaders in the first place.

P.S. Could someone please reply with a list of the "A" team for my own knowledge.  Thanks!  
smile.gif

and, I don't think I know how to use the quote thingie.

theres a a-team list somewhere.. i think elite is backup.. poison? babo? rizz? just people im guessing.. i dont have the link, but all the a-team members have admin.. so that narrows it down :S anyway, i would be willing to scrim with toj members anytime, if im in the mood.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andro @ Mar. 21 2004,12:34)]I don't think I know how to use the quote thingie.
You can use the "Quote" button above the post field (click once before the quote then once after) or use the {QUOTE} {/QUOTE} tags before and after your quote but use straight brackets instead of the squiggly ones.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andro @ Mar. 21 2004,12:34)]P.S. Could someone please reply with a list of the "A" team for my own knowledge.  
The starting 5:
Whon
Goose
Tank
Postal
4t0p

Backups:
El Jefe
Babo
Dead_Aim
Creshinibon

CS Leaders (and backups when neccesary)
Exodus
Elite
Parakletos

That was the official list when it was released, so some things may have changed.

Well I hate to point this out but it seems to me that this whole B-team idea is getting no where fast. I suggest that all interested say that they're interested and post when they'll be able to get in a practice here. I'm interested and I'm available any night this week outside Wednesday.

Back