The Help a Newbie Thread

what i did was ran low level missions for people who needed em or farmed for low levels every wednesday night i think it was until school overtook me but ya actually add me to xfire and ask for help anytime and i'll come

what i did was ran low level missions for people who needed em or farmed for low levels every wednesday night i think it was until school overtook me but ya actually add me to xfire and ask for help anytime and i'll come

That's super cool of you to think of something like that. I'll definitely look for you one of these days. Thanks!

I've got a question. Can someone give me a big US city that is on EST time or a conversion of EST into GMT or UMT time so I can convert to AUS time. I keep on wanting to be online for events but I can never figure out when there on.

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on your new baby. I will definitely add you to my friends list. Thanks! I also have to care for my baby girl (well, she's a young toddler now), so I am having to get on and off at random moments.

Edit: That's one handsome looking little boy! I love the name Dillon. Good choice!

thanks! it's my wife's mom's (i guess that'd be mother-in-law) maiden name.

New York City is on EST time. What time zone are you in, in Australia? Here's a web page that might help:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Hey Thanks so much. I know it is a bit of a strange question but there you go. We are on GMT +10 or 16 hours in front of New York. The whole time thing is a bit strange I came back from San Fran a little while ago and got into Sydney (Sydney time) before I left San Fran (US time):confused:.

Hey Thanks so much. I know it is a bit of a strange question but there you go. We are on GMT +10 or 16 hours in front of New York. The whole time thing is a bit strange I came back from San Fran a little while ago and got into Sydney (Sydney time) before I left San Fran (US time):confused:.

I'm glad that helped. Time zone stuff is annoying. I don't even like having to subtract 3 hours to figure out the conversion between my time zone (Pacific Time) and Eastern Time. But I'll do it for important stuff like gaming. ;)

I know what you mean about trying to line up time with the EST people. What part of the PST do you live in? I'm in northern CA - Bay Area.

I know what you mean about trying to line up time with the EST people. What part of the PST do you live in? I'm in northern CA - Bay Area.

Hi there. I live so close to L.A. [edit : Downtown L.A.] that I can see the skyscrapers from certain spots in town (higher elevation), and the air quality is pretty bad as a result. *cough* I love the Northern CA area. It's so much cooler and prettier. You must like it there.

Last edited:
My husband and I have characters all over the place. We like helping people. :) Sophia Melinus is our Pre-Searing (Ascalon) character.

We'll be looking for you.

MaidMirawyn - do you just keep a character in pre-searing so you can help people along - or is there another reason? Sounds like a fun thing to do.

soozun - we love northern CA. We moved here from Atlanta and really appreciate the cool evenings.

w00t! Two more Cali people! i was gettin lonely... i think theres only 1 other Cali person i know in the guild. Yay, Abba, it seems that we live close to each other, like, really close Like you could be that guy walkin on the sidewalk right now.. <_< (STALKER MODE! ACTIVATE!)

I went down to LA two months ago for D-land. It was awsome, it wasnt as bad as i thought... till i saw a Ducks jersey..>_<

My husband and I have characters all over the place. We like helping people. :) Sophia Melinus is our Pre-Searing (Ascalon) character.

We'll be looking for you.

thanks so much! I will add Sophia Melinus to my fl. I still have no idea if I've been to the academy yet. I seriously need to read a description of what happens through the first parts of the game. All I know is that the land looks all messed up (buildings in rubble, red hue on everything), and I'm doing this mission where I'm supposed to team up with 3 other people and go mess with the charr. Is that before the academy or after?

I'm in Vallejo - on the north bay - on your way to Napa Valley or Sacramento. Where are you?

w00t! Two more Cali people! i was gettin lonely... i think theres only 1 other Cali person i know in the guild. Yay, Abba, it seems that we live close to each other, like, really close Like you could be that guy walkin on the sidewalk right now.. <_< (STALKER MODE! ACTIVATE!)

I went down to LA two months ago for D-land. It was awsome, it wasnt as bad as i thought... till i saw a Ducks jersey..>_<

Disneyland is near L.A., but it's actually in Anaheim (which is in Orange County), which isn't such a bad area. Right around the Disneyland area is pretty decent. The Angels stadium is right there too. I've been meaning to go see a game and then check out the new Disneyland citywalk area where they have restaurants and it's free to get in to.

MaidMirawyn - do you just keep a character in pre-searing so you can help people along - or is there another reason? Sounds like a fun thing to do.

soozun - we love northern CA. We moved here from Atlanta and really appreciate the cool evenings.

And the lack of traffic, I have to imagine. :)

When we first decided to keep Sophie presear we were thinking about our obligation to help new players, but really Mirawyn and I both love the relaxing, low-pressure nature of presear and we really look forward to teaming up with people there.

Paul

Back