The End Times

Oh, and Mr. Bill, i am basing MY opinion on when he is coming by ANOTHER tim lahaye book, "Are we living in the end times?" it talks about the NUMEROUS prophecies that can be fulfilled TODAY because of RECENT note: some r very recent, technologies made availible. It also talks about other random things that say that the End Times r near... This convinces ME even more that he is coming. If u do not want to believe this or ANYONE else i am not doing anything but stating my belief.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh, and Mr. Bill, i am basing MY opinion on when he is coming by ANOTHER tim lahaye book, "Are we living in the end times?" it talks about the NUMEROUS prophecies that can be fulfilled TODAY because of RECENT note: some r very recent, technologies made availible.

Frag, I really wish you would read something other than the works of Lahaye. Get an unbiased perspective on it. While its easy for anyone who is up on Biblical prophecy to look at the changing world and see things that point towards the end times, you have to look at the whole picture. That and the fact that people have been proclaiming the 2nd coming for 2000 years now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Philippians 2:12 - Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Don't trust Tim Lahaye to show you what scripture says. Read the scripture for yourself.

Cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Frag Boy! @ July 12 2004,5:49)]Oh, and Mr. Bill, i am basing MY opinion on when he is coming by ANOTHER tim lahaye book, "Are we living in the end times?" it talks about the NUMEROUS prophecies that can be fulfilled TODAY because of RECENT note: some r very recent, technologies made availible. It also talks about other random things that say that the End Times r near... This convinces ME even more that he is coming. If u do not want to believe this or ANYONE else i am not doing anything but stating my belief.
tounge.gif
Uhhh...k.  Whatever floats your boat, ya know?

I didn't know who Tim Lahaye is, so I looked him up and he looks like a interesting guy. But he remindes me of these tapes my uncle watches about how the end of the world is coming soon..

But my uncle has been buying videos like that for a long time. He always brings them out on christmas, and usually al of us run the other way. One of them a while ago was how the End of time was coming in the year 2000. It never happened as u can see.

But I guess I'll go with Bill "what ever floats your boat".

Yea Thaddius i agree completely with you. I do think that he has the right picture. But i know that some of the prophecies may never be revealed. But it would be nice if you could send me some reading on it... Someone (not allowed to disclose) is oging to a church study every tuesday about... REVALATIONS!!!
wow.gif
lol she is giving me some reading about it the translations and stuff... It is unbiased and i think it is relatively the same thing. But i'm not saying Tim Layhaye is the master of everything. LOL
cool.gif
I just feel i wanted to state this to voice my feelings... thanks!
laugh.gif

Prophecy Update

Check that site out for some good readings on prophecy of Revelations, Danial, and Matthew. You can sign up for their daily newsletter which has some neat information in it monday-friday. I get stuff from there that I read, I am involved in a study of Danial at work, and I read what I can find on them all.

Cory

I try to use as many sources as well, whether I agree with them or not.  That way, I can get a complete look at prophecy from many views, even oposing views.

Here's one I find really different and interesting. Take it as you may. Lion Lamb Ministries

Love your neighbor as yourself remember!

God wants us to love all people no matter who they are or how sinful they may be.  If we are to be like God than we should love His creation no matter what.

Telling a person their going to "burn in hell" because of their religion won't make them convert any quicker unless they impressionable and have no religion yet (a child, etc..). If it isn't something that will strengthen ones relationship with God & Jesus or covert them, than there's no sense in doing it. "Let your light shine before others, that they might see your good deeds and praise your Father who is in heaven."

For centuries people have thought that the end times were just around the corner.  At the millenium it had everyone spooked but no one took the time to remember that it stikes 12:00 at different times all over the world.  I really don't care when He comes back.  It shouldn't matter.  We should be ready for His return every moment of everyday.  Remember it saying that it "is not for us to know" and that only the Father knows when the end times will come.  If God said we weren't suppose to know, than I'm not going to meddle into it.  The point is, you should be ready for Him regardless of what year, generation, or time it is.

As for the Left Behind series.  The Left Behind series is a fictional story based on the book of revalations and should not be taken as a biblical reference.  If you want a legitament reference, than turn to Revelations itself.  Gods word it always more credible than man's word.  Left Behind, as I said earlier, is a fictional story about a group of people going through the end times through the AUTHOR'S mental vision of the end times.  So don't take it more seriously really than any other story you would read on the bookshelf.

Then again, it says that "I and My Father are one", yet the Son does not know the end times...merely the Father?

Makes a whole lot of no sense.

Bill, nobody's going to "stereotype" you for being atheist...nobody stereotyped Eon for being...what was it? Astura? Something Norse. Really interesting religion, but nobody bashed him or spoke into their hands about him because he came out and said what he was and his beliefs...

This is a site of discussion of belifs, and knowing who you're dealing with rather than trying to sift through oddly leaning/neutral posts communicating some point by saying this and that about the Bible with some kind of smug tone without knowing what the speaker believes doesn't help communication at all.

End times are coming, Jesus is here, LaHaye knows all things regarding the end times, all pay homage.

Blah. When the end comes, it comes. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. Why concern yourself with it? If it comes, it comes. "Ooo! Technology! We made a computer advancement! Hell's bells! A robot that talks and has prosthetic flesh like ours! Surely this is the herald of the Antichrist!" Blah blah blah. Nobody should care, but too many do.

Forget it, I say. Lean back and smoke a roll of silica if all you can blather about is the end times. Your mind's about as fried.

Yeah, we could also have less of this:
hahalolzorz
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

That would be so awesome to read a post where "haha...lol im kidin" wasn't used.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ July 23 2004,10:11)]Bill, nobody's going to "stereotype" you for being atheist...nobody stereotyped Eon for being...what was it? Astura? Something Norse. Really interesting religion, but nobody bashed him or spoke into their hands about him because he came out and said what he was and his beliefs...

This is a site of discussion of belifs, and knowing who you're dealing with rather than trying to sift through oddly leaning/neutral posts communicating some point by saying this and that about the Bible with some kind of smug tone without knowing what the speaker believes doesn't help communication at all.
Eh. In a way it's already happened. People making assumptions about me based on what they know and what they think they know. My purpose in not 'revealing' that I was atheistic was to force people to only look at my raw beliefs, and learn about me from there. It should not matter what I believe to talk to me. And also, no one word can fully encapsulate what I believe, so I just think it's kindof silly. That's why everyone is so confused, I think...because my beliefs are kinda unique. But mayhaps you are right, I should have seen that this was futile and just came out and said what I believed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Eh.  In a way it's already happened.  People making assumptions about me based on what they know and what they think they know.  My purpose in not 'revealing' that I was atheistic was to force people to only look at my raw beliefs, and learn about me from there.  It should not matter what I believe to talk to me.  And also, no one word can fully encapsulate what I believe, so I just think it's kindof silly.  That's why everyone is so confused, I think...because my beliefs are kinda unique.  But mayhaps you are right, I should have seen that this was futile and just came out and said what I believed.

My assumptions only come based on information you share here.  Of course what we don't know is laid down to pure speculation since we don't know...The thing is, if you don't want to share, you don't have too.  We talked to you and still do not knowing exactly what you believe.  While it might place limits on our conversations, I don't think anyone will move to ignoring you by you not opening up where you stand. (atleast not most of us)

I'm not afraid to stand for what I believe. I openly admit it and share my opinions and views every day on it.  I would expect the same from anyone who has strong convictions in their belief.  

So, based on your paragraph above, my assumtions are either 1) your not fully convinced of what you claim to believe or 2) you just don't feel comfortable enough with us here to share your beliefs, even though we are expected to share ours.

We would have made assumptions regardless of what we knew for certain. When you make some of the posts you make, it raises questions. When you don't fill in the gaps, right or wrong, we are left to do that for ourselves.

Cory

Good! Another Christian who thinks the Rature is going to happen in the next couple decades. I, personally, base this partly on the fact that two very large asteroids are supposed to come very, very close to the earth in both 2014 and 2018. There are two "mountains in flame" falling from the sky in Revelations - And an asteroid fits that description pretty well. A mountain in flame alling from the sky... Those asteroids are mountain-sized, and falling through our atmostphere would superheat them to the point of white-hotness. Plus, there are two season changes that take place in revelation, one to an extreme of cold, and the other to heat. I think that an asteroid, if it hit the planet right, could jar it slightly out of orbit and further or closer from the sun, making it colder or hotter here.

Of course, we could both be wrong, but better forewarned than sorry.

~Miriax

heh, according to john titor we will be seeing ww3 in 2005 (johntitor.com) two comets eh? Isreal still has to rebuild the temple in the holy land. I don't think it will happen in my life time. Maybe thats better because God will come back when we least expect it. So if u guys wanna do your part, just stop predicting the second comming, and He will be back before you know it. What would be cool is if there was a list of all the prophecy that had to happen before the 2nd comming, and we could go down and check it off. There probably is a list, but I"m too lazy to look it up rite now. ok, I'm done rambling now

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thaddius @ July 24 2004,12:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Eh.  In a way it's already happened.  People making assumptions about me based on what they know and what they think they know.  My purpose in not 'revealing' that I was atheistic was to force people to only look at my raw beliefs, and learn about me from there.  It should not matter what I believe to talk to me.  And also, no one word can fully encapsulate what I believe, so I just think it's kindof silly.  That's why everyone is so confused, I think...because my beliefs are kinda unique.  But mayhaps you are right, I should have seen that this was futile and just came out and said what I believed.

My assumptions only come based on information you share here.  Of course what we don't know is laid down to pure speculation since we don't know...The thing is, if you don't want to share, you don't have too.  We talked to you and still do not knowing exactly what you believe.  While it might place limits on our conversations, I don't think anyone will move to ignoring you by you not opening up where you stand. (atleast not most of us)

I'm not afraid to stand for what I believe. I openly admit it and share my opinions and views every day on it.  I would expect the same from anyone who has strong convictions in their belief.  

So, based on your paragraph above, my assumtions are either 1) your not fully convinced of what you claim to believe or 2) you just don't feel comfortable enough with us here to share your beliefs, even though we are expected to share ours.

We would have made assumptions regardless of what we knew for certain.  When you make some of the posts you make, it raises questions.  When you don't fill in the gaps, right or wrong, we are left to do that for ourselves.

Cory
I believe you are correct for assumption number 1. I am not sure about what I believe. But then, how can I be? Personally I think to be absolutely sure on a topic as nebulous as the existence of a supreme being and its surrounding implications would be foolhardy. Number 2...eh, I must admit you may be right on that as well, but only partly. I already told you why I did not come out and share immediately, but I confess that I was a little concerned that you would jump on me like a pack of wolves once I stated my beliefs or something of the sort. I know now that that won't happen, so I'm sorry. Buuut I don't really have time to do this now..I'm very busy at the moment, going to be away for a few weeks and such. So I'll discuss it with you all later.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There is a list in the Bible, but it depends on if your pretrib/postrib on how you look at it.
hmm, if I were a list of the things that had to happen before the triblulation, where would I be?

GUYS U BIG BUMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GUYS U BIG BUMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GUYS U BIG BUMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GUYS U BIG BUMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GUYS U BIG BUMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GUYS U BIG BUMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOONE IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE MOMENT OF THE RAPTURE. NOONE I REPEAT NO ONE. wat COULD HAPPEN according to the space nerds at nasa, the comets could either do

1. Go around the sun and come back like a million years from now.
2. or when they get slingshotted from the sun could smash the earth into a million pieces. (jk about teh last part)
3. God can mysteriously make them disappear until he wants them to appear in the perfect timing for the rapture  
tounge.gif

*MastaPlan and Miriax
rock.gif
at frag boy*
*u know wat i mean*
rock.gif
*smack SmAcK!*
  *oooo... yea i think i see wat u mean...*
*SLAP!*
  *i'm leavin...*

Please leave. Please never post again until you've had about...two decades of life on your shoulders. Seven year olds should really stick to topics like Pokemon and cooties before they try to ruin a serious discussion.

John Titor...DUDE. Wasn't he the time traveler guy? Wow, he had some killer interesting stuff...though I have to doubt his existence. I liked his schema for the time machine though. Might be interesting to see some heads get together and do it as a gag, since time traveling is staple where he comes from.

And oh well. The world ends when the world ends, be it fire or snow.

Fire and Ice
Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

The last post just reminded me of that poem

And as far as the End of times, Nor do I care, I feel we should just be followers of Christ, dedicated Christians until the King comes again.

Fulfill the great commission

Back