The End Times

SLNT_FIR

Even though many people are confused by the book of Revelations, i believe that it is the and THE most important book. I do believe strongly that jessus will come back soemtime soon within the next 2 generations. But i cannot even claim that I am sure even the littllist bit. It means all of us will be gone ALL of us, except those who arn't reallly christians... I found that the left behind series written by tim lahaye and j. jenkins is strongly STRONGLY inspirational to your life. It talks about the rapture and finishes at the end of the 7 year tribulation. I READ 2000 PAGES IN ONE WEEK!!! (note: if u are very busy i would not advise you to read this series because it is very addictive.)

So everyone that is not truly christian will die. So Jews, Muslums, Sikhs, Hinds, BUdists, Athiest etc. etc. will all die.
And the world will be full of only christians.
Wow what a wonderful thought.???
tounge.gif

Christians always say that they are tolerant towards all religions. Is this because they know all the other religions are going to burn in hell. I'm quite impressed.
Oh except the Jews because they are cool.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JoBlow @ July 02 2004,9:56)]So everyone that is not truly christian will die. So Jews, Muslums, Sikhs, Hinds, BUdists, Athiest etc. etc. will all die.
And the world will be full of only christians.
Wow what a wonderful thought.???
tounge.gif

Christians always say that they are tolerant towards all religions. Is this because they know all the other religions are going to burn in hell. I'm quite impressed.
Oh except the Jews because they are cool.
Not all denominations of christianity believe that.  And guy, this is seriously shtuff...don't take it so lightly, you're only going to tick people off.

Left behind is hardly a Biblical interpretation of the end times.  It is a Biblical prophecy wrapped in fiction.  Regardless, there are still a few things that are not completed for the 2nd coming to be even considered.  Revelations in itself does not tell the whole story.  You need to read Daniel, specifically chapter 9 and Matthew 24 and 25 to tie in with Revelations.  If you want to talk about prophesy and end times, don't base it off the fictional works of Laheye and Jenkins please...Base it off the Bible itself.

Cory

SWEET. Another Christian who doesn't worship the ground LaHaye and Jenkins walk.

Ohmygosh I could make out with you Thaddius. But I'll resist.

Revelation doesn't really matter. The world will end and when it does, it does. If you're a Christian you have a lot to fear for. There's the chance you'll break down and crack and turn into apostacy. There's the chance you'll be tortured to death, but in death you're freed to join God. There's the chance that you'll sell yourself away from the Name of Jesus Christ to follow the allegiance of one who is not the Christ. You may witness the erection of the idol (or whatever "the abomination of desolation" is) and you may be the first to bow to keep your head intact rather than fleeing to hide like Christ tells us to when such as that happens.

Oh, Christians don't have it easy. They have a LOT to fear, and even if God is in them, there is much to be afraid of and to respect and to hide from. There's always a time to fight and a time to run, and the tribulation will not be the time to fight until we are called to witness once more.
Life's gonna suck for us while we're here toughing it out as we wait.

Geez, I think the End will be our most trying time ever.

But knowledge of Revelation doesn't really matter. Provided you are strong in Christ, nothing that will happen really matters now. Everything happens in time. That the end is coming we're all in agreement about. How or when or by whom we're not, but those are the ones that don't matter.

I suppose the only thing about Revelation is that it helps in "being on the lookout for the thief" (the Son of Man, Christ). I suppose then that it does have some value, but not so much that we trump into it. Revelation is THE Hellfire and Brimstone Book of the Bible. It's a terrifying letter.

Myself, I'm torn about the Rapture. I don't think it's going to happen. I don't think God would ever provide a quick Ride on the Reading Railroad to pass Go and escape the Tribulation. I think the point of the Tribulation is to test us by fire and melt out our dross and see if we are worthy of God, to see if we are dedicated to suffering and even dying for Him.

I think the Tribulation would be one of the most healthy things for me to undergo.

But Tim LaHaye's "endtimes" and Jack van Impe's "endtimes" and all those other multimedia events regarding the endtimes can just drop dead because they're pure imagination, like any fiction is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And the world will be full of only christians.
thats a negatory, heaven will be full of 1.) perfect people 2.) anyone who fulfilled the covenant of moses perfectly 3.) Believers of Jesus Christ
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And guy, this is seriously shtuff...don't take it so lightly
thats correct, people being eternally damned is no joking matter...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think the Tribulation would be one of the most healthy things for me to undergo.
I don't think anyone can really comprehend the endtimes at this point. I think it would be admireable of someone to be able to endure that kind of pain for God, like a martyr(sp?), but personally I can't understand the pain. I would say that I would burn for God, I hope that I"m not all talk, and no trousers...

I have never been tolerate of other religions, I tell my friends who dont believe that Christ died for them, hey great belief but unfortantly your going to hell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ July 04 2004,6:31)]I have never been tolerate of other religions, I tell my friends who dont believe that Christ died for them, hey great belief but unfortantly your going to hell.
And so are you, in their minds. Ah, what a big and happy family religion makes this world out to be... Makes me want to hug someone.

actaully Christianity is about the only religion other than maybe Muslims that says its either My way or the Hell way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ July 04 2004,9:52)]actaully Christianity is about the only religion other than maybe Muslims that says its either My way or the Hell way.
Mmm..doubt that, I do. But you're right, not all religions think that way. I was just making a point.

^You think God will just stand there and let he creation walk all over him? there is no reason for anyone to go to Hell....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Master~Plan @ July 04 2004,7:03)]^You think God will just stand there and let he creation walk all over him? there is no reason for anyone to go to Hell....
Some would disagree. I, personally, don't believe in a 'hell' or equivilant existence, so I do not.

"Don't hate, tolerate."

Reading a bit of Revelation today because I was bored during services at the Whites Only Church and came across this in chapter 3 of Revelation, in the letter from Christ to Philadelphia, saying, "Because you have kepty My command to persevere, I also will keep you from teh hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, TO TEST THOSE WHO DWELL ON THE EARTH."

Now I wonder if you do certain things that God wants you get out of tribulation because you're obeying God and that's his reward, and if not then even though you are still a Christian you get to duke it out to run through the testing fire to see if you are a believer.

Bill, what religion do you follow?
And why not a hell?

I disagree Master. I think there are plenty of reasons to go to hell. First and foremost would be: "I don't like God." Second would be, "I don't want to be with God forever. I'd rather be elsewhere." Thirdly would be, "Didn't really know it'd happen." Fourthly would be "I want to go to hell."

Plenty of reasons. Not a lot of them very smart, but plenty to choose from. I can understand some people choosing hell over heaven because from what I've been able to glean from people who prefer that, heaven will be "just a buncha singing to some God that just wants robots to worship him" and I know it's moot to argue with them, because "the Bible was just written by a bunch of old men who wanted to control people" and "is full of errors". Ignorance is not always bliss, and I know that if I try to argue and point out other things they're missing, or correct them, it's useless, because they're going to cling to their beliefs with a rabid hold.

Plenty reason to go to hell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ July 04 2004,7:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Master~Plan @ July 04 2004,7:03)]^You think God will just stand there and let he creation walk all over him? there is no reason for anyone to go to Hell....
Some would disagree. I, personally, don't believe in a 'hell' or equivilant existence, so I do not.
I take it your not a Christian then Mr. Bill? That would explain you not understanding the plight of the jews throughout history.

Cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thaddius @ July 05 2004,8:37)]That would explain you not understanding the plight of the jews throughout history.
Sheesh, you guys are rabid. What do I not understand? Please, do enlighten me.

That wasn't meant to be insulting, sorry if it came across that way. I meant it by what you said in the Jews killed Christ thread. Nothing bad, just that I see now why you do not understand history from the biblical perspective...thats all.

Everytime the Hebrews turned away from God in the old testement, they went though some sort of plight. They rejected the Messiah and the covenant was taken from them. Christ formed the new covenant with His death, burial and resurrection.

What religion exactly do you follow Mr. Bill, or are you atheistic?

Cory

Cory

Oh, I understand the biblical perspective well enough, I just prefer other ways of approaching the issue. I've been thus far ignoring queries on my religious beliefs...mainly becuase I believe that answering them will only make me easier to be stereotyped. I'd rather have you only look at my raw beliefs and opinions, as opposed to classifying me under a category. There is no one 'category' that completely encapsulates me and my beliefs. That would be like answering the question "how smart are you?" with your SAT score. But if you want a category for me, I'm more an athiest than anything else, yes. Do you now know everything there is to know about my beliefs? Not even a fraction, so I don't see why it's relevant...but whatever.

Back